Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Free Server Transfers Coming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new post has shown up on the Warhammer Herald explaining server mergers and transfers hot on the heels of last week's announcement that Warhammer Online developers would be merging several servers to "maintain an active and competitive environment". The dev team has posted specific information on how transfers will occur for both North American and European servers.

The game play experience of our customers is something we highly value. We don’t make changes like this lightly. A lot of metrics and analysis accompanies this type of decision. We feel that these changes will help to ensure that server options continue to facilitate that best RvR experience out there. Thanks for playing and see you on the battlefield!

Read more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

Hmm nice cant wait to see what else is lined up with this down the road sense the whole Rat pack and rvr packs seemed to make alot of player not to happy.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• khaos904khaos904 Member Posts: 20

Link broken 

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Actually, the link isn't broken. It appears WAR's Herald site is down though the main page is working. Weird.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Hey well, more power to the people who play.  Server mergers are never fun initially, but since there have been several mergers, this round will be nothing too shocking and may actually help out the game a little.

No one likes playing a game where there is no one to fight or group with!

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

My characters are all on Ironrock and the last time I played T3 was completely dead the majority of the day and T4 was really hit or miss. Some nights it was really populated while others it was 1 hour + for scen queues. 

They really need to pull something together to get players back, and not just adding rats as a sometimes playable species. The only update this game has had was Land of the Dead, and thats an overly small zone with not a whole lot to do in it. Hopefully they can get some new features in before Rift begins adding to its open world PvP. 

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Dragim

Hey well, more power to the people who play.  Server mergers are never fun initially, but since there have been several mergers, this round will be nothing too shocking and may actually help out the game a little.

No one likes playing a game where there is no one to fight or group with!

I agree - especially with WAR, having a good population is critical in keeping the game fun.

I'm glad that Mythic is making the move, though they really need to do a lot more for the game than they did with the RvR pack and Verminous Horde.  A LOT more.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• lotharlocnarlotharlocnar Member Posts: 13

Obviously the game is losing players so fast Mythic is just trying to keep up. I remember when I started 2 some years ago we use the scenarios to level and get our rvr fix, but now any alts we make HAVE to do the chasing of the keeps thing or lose out! There is very little else we can do but grind quests which do not give us the unbalanced Renown we so desparately need just to be able to try and compete. The differences in renown between players feels like fighting a level 40 with a level 10 there's no equality or sembalance of balance. It seems these new devs don't care what happens to our base of players.We just move on, that's what happens.Guess it will be a f2p game eventually.You won't see me sinking any money into it after this complete failure however..Mythic has let me down!

Earl Lothar Loc'Nar

• BattleskarBattleskar Member Posts: 341

lotharkocnar No Mythic did not let you down,EA Games let you down.EA loves pushing games out before they are ready,they did it with Earth and Beyond and with Warhammer.Lets hope they do not do the same with Bioware and have learned their lesson on how not to release an mmo.

• ZorlacZorlac Member Posts: 101

I say they just have ONE server. I tried out Badlands the last few months and once you get passed the n00b zones, it is COMPLETELY DEAD of population. This game could be so kick arse if the population was increased. One server and/or F2P please!  :)

• RamblebrainRamblebrain Member Posts: 52

What was bad with the rvr packs? So you get 10 more rvr ranks but you much faster rvr leveling up to that point. And i doubt many would prefer the old style of rvr with keep lords and .. waiting .. waiting ... waiting

• lkc673lkc673 Member Posts: 149

wow having from sooo many servers to like 4 and people still think this game is going strong?

• lkc673lkc673 Member Posts: 149

oh yeah and its still pay to play, least age of conan has much more content to do worth that pay to play

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Game is pretty much FUBAR at the moment.  I can't even go to the Bioware WAR forums anymore because of the insane negativity displayed there.  It's crazy, but people do have a right to be pissed about how this game turned out.  Going from a supposed 850K at launch down to maybe 30k subs is not a good sign.  Just go over to their forums and see what people are saying hah.

All my 40's had been stuck on Iron Rock for a while now (started on Sylvania, then some other server, then Iron Rock) and I finally gave up playing a couple months ago.  Even with the free transfers I don't think I can go back to this game and give Mythic/Bioware/EA any more money.

• guido505guido505 Member UncommonPosts: 4

Wait...how are they merging "several" servers? Last time I was subbed I think there were 6 left...including europe. That's not what you think when you hear "several".

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Originally posted by guido505

Wait...how are they merging "several" servers? Last time I was subbed I think there were 6 left...including europe. That's not what you think when you hear "several".

Well there are 9 total servers left before this transfer.  Four NA servers, Five EU servers.  Basically after the bulk of the transfers go through they will closing dowm Volkmar, Iron Rock, and Carroburg (DE).  So two NA left, four EU Left.

• Maleus666Maleus666 Member UncommonPosts: 75

LoL, good, so War will open free server transfer for all those 7 players that still playing this game.

Go to hell!

• GankaliciousGankalicious Member Posts: 35

Indeed. Too little, too late.

Free cookies at:

www.gankalicious.blogspot.com

Bring cookies.

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

I'm betting this game will be F2play by the end of this year and proberbly will make a success of it .

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133

Originally posted by OkhamsRazor

I'm betting this game will be F2play by the end of this year and proberbly will make a success of it .

I hope so, would be a shame to see it die

• xBludxxBludx Member Posts: 376

I generally don't play f2p and in most cases hate the concept, but I would play this game for sure if it were f2p. I have subbed and cancelled probably 4 times, but found it was more like WAITHAMMER and never made it to the endgame.

I would have fun jumping on this if it were f2p and I'd probably spend a little cash as well, but not 14.99 per mo.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

right now the only ray of light that would save this game is the F2P mode.... EA/Mythic give up the pride and make it f2p... hear our call.... nobody wants to pay for this game, not worth the money every month, we told you!!! stop suffering  cos u know war wont compete with the best sub based mmos out there

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

As I remember left War long ago when simply had enough of respawn rate of regular mobs in 30-40 sec interval. That was very cheap way to induce grind but saying our quests are not grind. For solo was nearly impossible to do many quests because of insane respawn rate (and when I was alone in area) of mediocre mobs.

Of course this was not only thing that I hated ... there were many many problems. And have played since start.

About f2p ... I never play f2p. Tried many times just to become more and more disappointed. If not for other then because at the end of month have spend more money for ingame items then would for fully featured p2p game.

Besides, War has already now f2p quality with p2p pricing model. I can not immagine how much effort will they put in and staff to improve game.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

they are trying to improve the game and as a result, more servers are merging / closing / whatever.... this game just need to either go f2p or shut down, i really like the races/classes/graphics tho, nothing else

• xBludxxBludx Member Posts: 376

The funnest thing about this game is being able to jump in to a few scenarios if you only have an hour or two to play. I'm sure they could make money on fluff items, armor and weapon customization, tabards, different mounts, unlocking new scenarios, etc. People pay for all kinds of crazy stuff.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Server transfers are always a bad sign.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"