Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game over March 31st

They are shutting down COHO.

It looks like this game was more or less a teaser for whatever new retail game they are making. It will have multiplayer of course, but isnt out for a while.  Most people sucked into this game will have to buy the old game its based off of for like $5.

I feel very sad for those who spent real money on this game, as it will be for nothing, as well as those who took the time to level up commanders and collect some rare heros and buff cards.

This would have been an extremely good f2p RTS, its really sad to see them shut it down and force people to buy their old game or wait for their new one.

Oh, if you cant tell, im not a follower of this series or RTS really.  Saw the game here, downloaded it for free, and ended up really liking it, which is why i cant name the old version or what the new one will be.

Anyway, if your interested in the game, its no longer worth the effort to download or get into.

Sad thing is, they could have made the game really profitable, they really only offerd XP boost items for cash only, the rest you could buy through the item mall with in game money (called supply), as well as having a very lively community, as most RTS games are light on the community itnteraction.

Comments

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Was this really an MMO?

Was THQ really thinking that it was a sure hit by adding a Online tag and micro transactions, and that we just coulnt wait to throw money at them, like some pop-star groupie throwning panties?

We need more of these utter failers, just so we can get the funding to people who know what the fuck their doing.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• SnailtrailSnailtrail Member Posts: 258

Originally posted by Hokie

Was this really an MMO?

Was THQ really thinking that it was a sure hit by adding a Online tag and micro transactions, and that we just coulnt wait to throw money at them, like some pop-star groupie throwning panties?

We need more of these utter failers, just so we can get the funding to people who know what the fuck their doing.

No not at all a mmorpg

It was an RTS, whith dropps and  XP.

You level you main commander, adding points to skill trees, like artillery barrages, paratroopers, with skills in the tree that add effect make them more efficiant.  These ability trees are dependant on which class and faction you choose as your commander....very mmorpg like in that sense.  There are hero units, that can be leveled.  There are (not sure wha they are called TBH) buff cards, which enhance units and structures. I think with that they were able to fit this sites requirements.  Not sure if any of that will make its way to their new game or what.

Like i said, seems like they just used this game, and the f2p payment method as nothing more than a teaser for whatever new game they are planning on releasing (the kind where you buy the box then can multiplayer like GW), specifically from the mmorpg community.

Never seen a "beta" that was so polished, had such a large community willing to spend money, and was also quite deicated to the game, go "poof" after beta is over.....very strange and makes little sense, other than a teaser to suck people in.  Did spark intrest in RTS games for me, and i havent played those for a very long time.

Honestly i was quite surprised how fun the game was, and how its leveling of your commander and dropps from battle heros added to the game in a way that was appealing for me, a mmorpg player traditionally. It added a bit of strategy, which heros to use and which ability buffs to equip before a battle, based on what i wanted to do... very curious why they decided to axe the game after beta (mabey it would have competed to much with their retail game?)

Oh and there were plenty of people who did throw money at them, and much more would have, had they not had every single intem mall item, aside from XP boosts, also purchasable with in game money....and they all dropped if you didnt want to even spend in game supply on it.  Big complaint was "why didint they even offer something worth buying if money was the issue"

• SmintarSmintar Member UncommonPosts: 214

Sometime back after Brian died I thought that this might happened. I saw the slowness of patches coming out. I saw not much effort was being put into it. Just some tibits like a few maps/ I even asked what was going on. So I didnt spend any cash in this game it just wasnt right to really get involved with it.

I like it but I clearly didnt have a path to take my commander down thru combat a path when u win 1 u go to the next objective if ya loose go to this objective.  None of that materialized but I did take them on thier offer for I have never played it before this online. So I got it and started to play it kinda dissappointing to be limited Like Skirmish if I wanted to start out with the germans I cant I have play Americans or Brits :(

I would prefer to play skirmishes anyways more than I do thier camapaigns.

What has happened to the player base is pretty sad Relic doped them in to buying thier cash to only shut it down march 31th although they cant buy anymore. I never would have bought anything in a beta this whats happend to players who have a shark frency over a game IT's NUTS!!

• s8man888s8man888 Member Posts: 32

Being shutdown in all regions? Like China too?