Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: Chris Cao Talks Content Updates

Comments

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

I find it odd so many people commenting about the ui, bugs, etc. as if it should have been addressed in an article titled 'chris cao talks content updates'.

I think it makes it clear what the subject matter is going to be.

• erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

And this is suppose to be what?  I thought they were being serious when they stated they were going to add meaningful stuff.

Actually, I lied. I always knew they weren't going to add or do anything substantial and meaningful. After all, this is SoE we're talking about.

It's about par for this course, or should I say, their ( SoE's) course.

• HyperwolfHyperwolf Member UncommonPosts: 120

So hard to get an idea of what a game is really like on these forums sometimes but I'm tempted to tryo out DCUO. If they just released the game and are doing a decent update already, what is the problem? How much content is there at present? Are people saying that DCUO content is already exhausted from launch?

I tend to play MMO's around 5-10 hours a week or so love to hear how long it would take me to max out the content.

How much time did it take people to get through it? TIA

You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks
    ~ WC

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

IM GLAD IN SOME WAYS THAT THEY HAVENT FIXED THE MIC'S ON THE PS3..THATS ALL I WANT IS TO HEAR SOME FAT KID BREATHING HARD INTO HIS MIC LIKE HE'S BEATING OFF **opps caps was on** or the annoy guy in your league or grp or just someone nearby that plays non-stop music of their mic and the feedback is horrible...so it doesnt bother me..if anything i was they would adress would be the laggy interface when you want to look in your inventory and such...other than that..its a great action online pvp game and a solid ps3 title..i hope they bring out more type of these mmoag ag = action game i'll never by a cod ever again lol

• EvileEvile Member Posts: 534

Fixed the mic? They already have a push to talk option. People just don't use it. 

As far as the comment about world pvp not meaning anything? I disagree. PVP should NOT be about grinding gear. It should be about DEFEATING YOUR ENEMY.

Grinding PVP gear in open world pvp just promotes griefing. Installing PVP gear and PVP levels is what ruined PVP in Conan. If anything make regional control. Let us flip the city to hero or villian control.

Conquering the world is MUCH better then grinding PVP gear/levels. I really wish people would get out of the mindset that ALL MMOS should be exactly the same.

• ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315

Ok where is he?  Someone better start eating crow soon.  There was a certain forum poster who said they would not be relasing an update a month.  Where are you with the crow buddy?

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

Originally posted by Hyperwolf

So hard to get an idea of what a game is really like on these forums sometimes but I'm tempted to tryo out DCUO. If they just released the game and are doing a decent update already, what is the problem? How much content is there at present? Are people saying that DCUO content is already exhausted from launch?

I tend to play MMO's around 5-10 hours a week or so love to hear how long it would take me to max out the content.

How much time did it take people to get through it? TIA

people complaining about DCUO's "thin" content obviously havent played the game. end game content already takes many hours to beat, and getting there just about as long.i wouldnt worry about how long it takes you to get to end-game because they plan on pumping out lots of new content frequently.

game is fun, fast, action-oriented, can be considered pvp-centric because most people love it, even though pve content is just as fun, and plentiful.

there are quite a few bad bugs, even though they arent affecting gameplay much (yet). we've yet to see how SOE will respond to the players' cries for fixing.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,959

Game looks good, give it a year and the content should be there. I will be having another look start of next year.

• ersingibleersingible Member Posts: 70

Oh wow... just wow. What a fail.

Another SOE failure. What the heck were they thinking releasing this content-less rubbish.

Seriously though, this game is aimed at the short attention-span, post 1995 crowd.

I would not be surprised if Smedley had a hand in this.

• KremlikKremlik Member UncommonPosts: 716

I tend to beleave most of these 'yawn' posts were expecting more 'epix' from the update as many now have it hardwired into their brains that MMOs are 'to get stuffz' and 'be the next paragon', hence the reason why they don't 'get' that this update is actally good, but then again these are probly the same players who yelled 'done' 2 weeks after Cata released for WoW.

DCU is a good 'other MMO' next to the more raid/item based MMOs, agreed it's not so good with long term gameplay, but for a 2 hour throw down a few days a week in pvp it's actally a soild title, this game is purly 'for fun', anyone claiming theres no content in the update should really look into how much gametime they put into MMOs and TBH cut back - a lot. (considering 90% of these forums state that SOE would never get any updates out at all and basically 'SOE is da evilz' when it comes to this site unless it's 'CoDified' in esport  it's lose lose)

Bring on the WARRRRGGHH!

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

And for some, the reality of their situation finally starts to sink in....

"Consider yourself at home.

Consider yourself one of the family..."

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Not joining the arguement just observing that a few weeks ago the avid aniti-SOE crowd were bacshing the game and stating that there wasn't a chance in hell of getting monthly updates for the game especially not right after release.

The patch arrives and the logic is now that we need to discredit them for updating their MMO monthly rather than having the 'full' game (whatever that is in an mmo) readily available on release.

I'm interested, GW2 what happens when we get reports of hitting end game and completing 48 hours after buying it, then having to wait a potential 6 months for a content update, okay no subs but tbh I'd rather have subs and something to do than free and waiting 6 months to play.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

Where do people get this idea of lack of endgame content from? It seems like for a launch game it has quite a lot compared to most others in their first month. 6 alerts (is the catwoman instance an alert? that would make 7), 3 raids, 5 duos, 6 solo instances, and the strykers island quests. Thats without the pvp stuff and bounties.

• mmodannommodanno Member Posts: 163

Vboy, here I am!  :)

FYI, this isnt content.  This is a couple hours gameplay, then back to ... well, whatever it is you were doing before.

{Mod Edit}

• Saam1Saam1 Member UncommonPosts: 21

im still waiting when first person maxed his skillpoints. Its not same as getting max level.

Some people just like to bash every game. Especially bashing Wow is mark of hardcore player 8)

• KexoKexo Member Posts: 84

How about what's really important right now...fixing the god damn chat!? When are we going to see a real and functional chat system? Heck most of the time my league chat doesn't even work!

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

Someone will always complain about anything every time.

They could give us tons of new power sets and someone will complain , "yeah thats nice but the GUI still sucks".

They can fix the GUI and that person will complain, "yeah thats nice but the animations suck".

They fix the animations and that person will complain, "yeah thats nice but there isn't enough open world pvp".

blah, blah, blah

When you fnd the perfect game and have absoutely no complaints let me know.  I'm looking for that game too.

*waits for flood of fanboi posts praising how perfect game x is*

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Scot

Game looks good, give it a year and the content should be there. I will be having another look start of next year.

Me the same.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Originally posted by wesleyarts

Originally posted by mrw0lf

Not joining the arguement just observing that a few weeks ago the avid aniti-SOE crowd were bacshing the game and stating that there wasn't a chance in hell of getting monthly updates for the game especially not right after release.

The patch arrives and the logic is now that we need to discredit them for updating their MMO monthly rather than having the 'full' game (whatever that is in an mmo) readily available on release.

I'm interested, GW2 what happens when we get reports of hitting end game and completing 48 hours after buying it, then having to wait a potential 6 months for a content update, okay no subs but tbh I'd rather have subs and something to do than free and waiting 6 months to play.

[mod edit]

It's all to do with perspective, the thing is I'm not fighting for anything, I was just noting the posts for last few weeks in comparison to now. But seeing as how that's the way you view all things relating to the 'devil' SOE, I think it says a lot more about you than me.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• EverithEverith Member CommonPosts: 482

You people all amaze me... Before the game came out they said "Little content patched every month and substantially bigger ones 3 times a year" everyone stated "It'll never happen". This get's announced and seems pretty substantial to me in terms of just some more stuff to do and everyone screams "not enough" (most of which don't play the game). WHAT IS ENOUGH. Do you guys want a full expansion with new powers and new raids and new duo's and new gear tiers every week??!?!?

WHAT equates to enough for you? When most games get release and you don't see jack CRAP for 6 months. This also is NOT including patches this WHOLE article was just based on this new set of CONTENT. They're working on the UI and chat this article was NOT ABOUT THAT, NOR was it about future content like expansions and new powers. It's a small article about what's coming this month. JEEZ you can't please ANYONE in this genre anymore.

• michaelmnnmichaelmnn Member Posts: 39

^bows to his logic

I agree * Obama Hand Gesture*

• thunderduckthunderduck Member Posts: 4

You might want to re-order the screenshots so that they actually come up at relevant parts of the article (i.e the feline bosses in the museum in the catwoman section, the batman/brother eye pictures in the batcave section).  

I'm loving DCUO so far.

• sure_shocksure_shock Member Posts: 8

I love DCUO. The game is truely fun to play. So much I life sub'ed. I think anyone that plays a game for 8 to 10 hours a day will hit max lvl in a few days no matter what game they play. There are alot of quest and missions to do. They have something for solo, or the two best buds that want to just do a duo mission and there are also the larger group missions. I only play for about 5 to 10 hours a week and the game works for me. In all i think this kind of update is just fine.

For those out there that are upset about the nay sayers, don't let them get to you. That is why they post what they post. Trying to prove a point or put them in there place will only get your post removed and get you banned for a while. I have learned to not read the bad post and enjoy what ever game I am playing. I just unsub'ed from SWG to spend more time for DCUO. I tried to prove a point with SWG nay sayers one time and the end result was the nay sayers still post while I was banned.

SOE is doing a great job and they are the pros, they know what they are doing. SOE devs do not log in to forums to see if they are making players happy, they know that most the post are nay sayers. The devs will listen to the post on the games feedback and customer support options mostly. The devs also play the game and I'm sure are well aware of the few bugs and will see if there is a need for a large patch or update.

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767

At this point I would prefer a UI and chat fix instead of new content. Still if the "monthly" updates dont really come on a monthly basis there will be forums full of people screaming bloody murder so SOE should either stop advertising the monthly updates idea or work harder to hit deadlines.

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767

Originally posted by sure_shock

I love DCUO. The game is truely fun to play. So much I life sub'ed. I think anyone that plays a game for 8 to 10 hours a day will hit max lvl in a few days no matter what game they play. There are alot of quest and missions to do. They have something for solo, or the two best buds that want to just do a duo mission and there are also the larger group missions. I only play for about 5 to 10 hours a week and the game works for me. In all i think this kind of update is just fine.

For those out there that are upset about the nay sayers, don't let them get to you. That is why they post what they post. Trying to prove a point or put them in there place will only get your post removed and get you banned for a while. I have learned to not read the bad post and enjoy what ever game I am playing. I just unsub'ed from SWG to spend more time for DCUO. I tried to prove a point with SWG nay sayers one time and the end result was the nay sayers still post while I was banned.

SOE is doing a great job and they are the pros, they know what they are doing. SOE devs do not log in to forums to see if they are making players happy, they know that most the post are nay sayers. The devs will listen to the post on the games feedback and customer support options mostly. The devs also play the game and I'm sure are well aware of the few bugs and will see if there is a need for a large patch or update.

I think you are giving too much credit to the devs, becouse apparently they did not see that the very console like UI and inexplicably bad chat system wont go down well with PC gamers.