Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Line of Defense Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

3000AD has announced it is working on a new MMO project called Line of Defense. Line of Defense is a space themed MMO with players engaging in planetary warfare to control bases across systems and planets. Devs call it a "twitched based pure PvP mayhem" game that will feature character classes, abilities, attributes in an open world.

In Line Of Defense (LOD), players will experience the thrill of pure war waged across stunning planetary landscapes and space vistas. Players will engage in combat as one of two opposing sides fighting for control of military bases across various continents on contested planets and space regions.

As an infantry marine with access to various weapons of mass destruction, engage in frontlines combat using land and naval vehicles, as well as various aircrafts and gunships.

Read more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• snapp69snapp69 Member UncommonPosts: 113

Sounds like Planetside, will keep my eye on this one.

• DoomsayerDoomsayer Member Posts: 344

Great, just what's needed, another 2 sided faction war game. Apparently it is too much to ask for a 3rd faction.

Everything born must die. All that is, will come to ruin. This is the essence of Doom. So sayeth the Doomsayer.

• NibsNibs Member UncommonPosts: 287

But this'll have that extra, 'Derek Smart' factor!

• skeloyskeloy Member Posts: 4

3000AD = Derek Smart - No Thanks!

LOL This Wil be Totally Crap, Trust Me ... Others Games in comparison with games from 3000AD are Brilliant And Playable as Hell :>

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Wonder how late and how unplayable this will be at launch? :)

3000AD's record precedes them!

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Wait, Derek Smart is leading this?

Damn, I was thinking of a worthy Tabula Rasa successor... nevermind.

Even if the game is any good, any support or suggestions will be meant with juvenile responses, so I won't even bother.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Dont they already have another MMO, Galactic Command Online, under development. And now another one at the same time for this small company?

Yeah, I am sceptical.

• Professor78Professor78 Member UncommonPosts: 610

Sounds exactly like Planetside.

But Planetside is coming back "Planetside Next" will be here over the next few months i read!  Yes! Was so damn good.

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

Originally posted by Nibs

But this'll have that extra, 'Derek Smart' factor!

Honestly, give the guy a break. I feel kind of bad for him.

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

Yes, we have two different MMO games in the works.

LOD is not the same scope (or features) as the much larger all encompassing game. It is a vastly smaller game, both in scale and scope. http://lodmmo.com

GCO is a behemoth. Thats putting it mildly. Basically it is an MMO game based on the Battlecruiser/Universal Combat type IP, complete with complexity and major niche. Unless you're really truly hardcore, you need not bother. It's like Eve. On steroids. With actual fps and planetary access. Without the spreadsheets. http://gcommo.com

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
    If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
    ...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by dsmart

LOD is not the same scope (or features) as the much larger all encompassing game. It is a vastly smaller game, both in scale and scope. http://lodmmo.com

GCO is a behemoth. Thats putting it mildly. Basically it is an MMO game based on the Battlecruiser/Universal Combat type IP, complete with complexity and major niche. Unless you're really truly hardcore, you need not bother. It's like Eve. On steroids. With actual fps and planetary access. Without the spreadsheets. http://gcommo.com

I wish you luck but in the wake of two indy developed sandbox disasters (one more so than the other) I think you will find alot of people sceptical of a game of this scope to actually deliver.

But then again GCO has not been hyped nearly as much so it might surprise. But I am still sceptical.

In any case, please put some effort in the UI. It is so dissapointing to play a game with an ancient UI. Yes I am looking at you Eve, MO and Darkfall.

If you went and actually looked at the All Aspect Warfare games (also available on Steam), it should be painfully obvious that I've already designed, developed, shipped and made quite a bit of money on a game just like this. Go to the link and play the demo if you like.

LOD is just a smaller scale, with much better visuals, has a small space component and is an MMO.

So yeah. Been there. Done that. Just gonna do it a bit better this time.

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395

Originally posted by Doomsayer

Great, just what's needed, another 2 sided faction war game. Apparently it is too much to ask for a 3rd faction.

...they never learn...

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

If you went and actually looked at the All Aspect Warfare games (also available on Steam), it should be painfully obvious that I've already designed, developed, shipped and made quite a bit of money on a game just like this. Go to the link and play the demo if you like.

LOD is just a smaller scale, with much better visuals, has a small space component and is an MMO.

So yeah. Been there. Done that. Just gonna do it a bit better this time.

All Aspect Warfare and Angle of Attack have received very low reviews and scores nearly across the board, Alganon hasn't faired much better and you still gloat and brag?

Why should I pay for a game created by a man who has produced subpar products in the past and refuses to ever admit it?

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by Doomsayer

Just another clueless developer who has no experience in this genre expecting to bring a fps like game to the MMO space.  You would think the investors would demand at least a little research to realize how a third faction balances a game.

This from a company that brought you the buggiest games ever.

• VryheidVryheid Member UncommonPosts: 469

From their FAQ:

"Notice that Windows XP does not appear in that list. We are not going to support it because it is an old, buggy and legacy OS. We might as well support DOS. Or hell, Linux even. The game will most definitely run, but we are using some API calls that are not supported on XP. We do have workarounds which will allow the game to run, but if you are running XP, then you're on your own."

I already like these guys. :-P

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Originally posted by Vryheid

From their FAQ:

"Notice that Windows XP does not appear in that list. We are not going to support it because it is an old, buggy and legacy OS. We might as well support DOS. Or hell, Linux even. The game will most definitely run, but we are using some API calls that are not supported on XP. We do have workarounds which will allow the game to run, but if you are running XP, then you're on your own."

I already like these guys. :-P

Well, at least they have the balls to stop supporting XP.

I haven't ever felt forced to use Vista/7 except for the lack of DX10/11 and in the case of Shattered Horizons it does not provide DX9 support. Also heard the upcoming Battlefield 3 will also have the balls to do that.

Calling XP buggy seems just silly though I agree with the rest, developers needs to finally let it rest in peace.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Are LOD and GCO also under Quest Online, or are they being developed by a different entity?

• DanyBoy2005DanyBoy2005 Member UncommonPosts: 174

This game looks and sounds awesome. Looking forward to see what will become of it.

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

Originally posted by DanyBoy2005

This game looks and sounds awesome. Looking forward to see what will become of it.

lamo you have Never played a 3000A.D game have you?   let just say prepare for a mind F**   interms of horrible No  the Worst controls known to gaming.     

It..Burns..

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

oh my god its like christmas all over again.   apprently this Dev  has a reputation  so bad hes become his own Meme.    No joke

It..Burns..

Originally posted by Omali

Are LOD and GCO also under Quest Online, or are they being developed by a different entity?

The answer  (they are both 3000AD games) is in the FAQ located on the website (URLs are in the post you excerpted)  for each game.