Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here we go folks... The Twilight MMORPG

I can't imagine it being succesful. But it's happening. A twilight MMO is in developemebt and I will never lay hand on it.

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/08/teen_girls_gaming_twilight_mmo.php

Seriously? I can't see any hardcore gaming nerds that actually went out to watch the movie, read the book and now to play the game.

Discuss.

Comments

• wolf11223wolf11223 Member CommonPosts: 54

lol, just lol... I had to sit through the first movie on more than one occasion with my ex GF.. and now they are making an MMO of it? God, what has my favorite genre of video games come to...

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

I kind of think it could do alright actually.. somehow the movies have done great, and just look at the popularity of Justin Bieber.. as long as the people making the game focus on their age/fan demographic it will probably turn a profit and could maybe even get more of this new tween generation into mmo's (although I don't really want any sort of contact with the twilight/bieber fans types >:P)

Who knows it may even take off like another game I will not mention did, by attracting a large and totally new to the genre group of people.

[mod edit]

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

News is about a year and a half old. Nothing new has been said about it so there isn't really much to discuss, no?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• gamespamgamespam Member Posts: 456

Didn't bother with the link. However, watch this thing get released polished and in perfect working condition like you've never seen.

And if that were to happen that way, not only would I quit MMOs, but I would disconnect from the internet entirely.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Originally posted by Loktofeit

News is about a year and a half old. Nothing new has been said about it so there isn't really much to discuss, no?

Then just humor the idea for the sake of discussion?

• TimmeyhTimmeyh Member Posts: 166

This is great! Now every moron is gonna play this instead of World of Darkness which will only make World of Darkness even better :D

• AkechtaAkechta Member Posts: 219

Originally posted by just2duh

Someone slit my wrists please, I would do it myself but i'm just not emo enough.

I kind of think it could do alright actually.. somehow the movies have done great, and just look at the popularity of Justin Bieber.. as long as the people making the game focus on their age/fan demographic it will probably turn a profit and could maybe even get more of this new tween generation into mmo's (although I don't really want any sort of contact with the twilight/bieber fans types >:P)

Who knows it may even take off like another game I will not mention did, by attracting a large and totally new to the genre group of people.

Hell, It'll do more than alright. Imagine the millions of twilight fans this will suck up...

Originally posted by Loktofeit

By the looks of things, not many people actually heard of it. So, despite its age, it's really still news if people are just hearing about it now.

No matter how bad it is, Twilight-fans will play it. BECAUSE when they love movies like twilight, there is actually nothing worse than that. (not literally, but u got the point)

• Samkin772Samkin772 Member Posts: 104

Things like this can actually be a good thing, as they could suck much of the teenie-bopper crowd away from the games I'm more interested in playing.  If this gets released, you could actually see the communities in other games actually improve.  Plus, even if it doesn't happen that way, they can't make you play it, can they?

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Just to say I told you so to everyone early on. WoW Killa!!!!!

BOOYAKA!

• EmhsterEmhster Member UncommonPosts: 913

Almost 2 years old news... As noted in this July 2009 news on Joystick. Not really serious at it is built by a student and some volunteers (so um I guess it fits in the Indy category ).

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

1. Really old news is really old.

2. As Samkin772 said, it'll pull some of the undesirables out of current MMOs- hell, this may even be a new twist for To Catch a Predator- someone call Chris Hansen!!

Originally posted by viperrius

i hope hackers tear this game apart

What a waste of money spent in developement of the game that would be if this happened... LOL. But you've got to feel sorry for the guys making the game if that happens. All that money wasted, all that time wasted...

• gamespamgamespam Member Posts: 456

Originally posted by Samkin772

Things like this can actually be a good thing, as they could suck much of the teenie-bopper crowd away from the games I'm more interested in playing.  If this gets released, you could actually see the communities in other games actually improve.  Plus, even if it doesn't happen that way, they can't make you play it, can they?

They can make you play. Just like they make you play WOW, except under many different names. Yes, I'm talking about the clone army.

Originally posted by pierth

1. Really old news is really old.

2. As Samkin772 said, it'll pull some of the undesirables out of current MMOs- hell, this may even be a new twist for To Catch a Predator- someone call Chris Hansen!!

Guys, I really don't care how old the news is. To be honest, it's not even news to me. I'm just amused that someone is giving this a try.

As for those saying this will improve other games communities, that's great, we can get rid of all the tweens in Rift and make way for real players that aren't half-naked female healers sitting and watching their group get owned while they text their friends.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

So I can choose between World of darkness online and Twilight for my vampire kicks? I wonder which one I will choose...

• AkumaDaimyoAkumaDaimyo Member Posts: 185

Originally posted by Samkin772

Untrue that the community would improve. Just as many non teenies are the trolls and idiots in the game as the ones that are teenies.

Originally posted by Timmeyh

No matter how bad it is, Twilight-fans will play it. BECAUSE when they love movies like twilight, there is actually nothing worse than that. (not literally, but u got the point)

I know a few trekkies and none of them plays STO so I don't believe you, there is a limit on how bad a game can be no matter what IP it uses. If it wants the teenage girls to play it the game needs to be fun. 

Of course what is fun to 15 year old girls are probably not the same thing I consider fun but the IP only makes them notice it, they wont stay unless they like it.

I like Warhammer, and so does many of my friends (well, I like the RPG, most of them like the boardgame) but only 1 guy I know play WAR.

While teenage girls might seems stupid or strange at times they are not retarded.

Originally posted by Akechta

Guys, I really don't care how old the news is. To be honest, it's not even news to me. I'm just amused that someone is giving this a try.

As for those saying this will improve other games communities, that's great, we can get rid of all the tweens in Rift and make way for real players that aren't half-naked female healers sitting and watching their group get owned while they text their friends.

You will get rid of the girls and as far as I know is close to 100% of the worst people guys (take or give 20% since it is hard to know online in some cases).

And age is not really what makes a community great. I don't see this affect the community of other games much at all.

Originally posted by Loke666

So I can choose between World of darkness online and Twilight for my vampire kicks? I wonder which one I will choose...

Hmmm, what if.... now bare with me. What if WoD will use 5 more years in development?! TADAH!!

Argh. its quite painfull waiting on WoD. I hope it will release early 2012. at least within that year.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I want a HS-Musical mmo

and a Cheeta Girl Mmo

next please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Maj_ScienceMaj_Science Member Posts: 107

This is a year old?  First I've heard of it.

You know... if there's a "Harry Dresden" or "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" option available... that might actually make the game worth the pain... but since when do MMOs make a "troll" or "griefer" class? =P

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Cool. Is it still in development or they gave up?

• OszyOszy Member UncommonPosts: 87

This game will be the next WoW killer =)...j/k, or maybe not. If all the girls start playing it, they will make there boy friends play it. Then the world will end.