Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Patch v2.1 Part 2 Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

NCSoft has announced that part 2 of the Aion v2.1 update has been released. The latest patch brings a boost to experience, drops and over three hundred new crafting designs into the game. Additionally, the patch features higher drop rates for item designs and gathering materials.

Along with these significant increases, Aion Update 2.1 Part 2 brings vast changes to not only the quests currently available, but the crafting system as well. Quests have been re-worked with increased drop frequency of items and gear rewarding players for their efforts. Additionally, the quests have been re-balanced to provide players with more enjoyment as they quest for rewards. Targeting the desire for new items and designs, NCsoft increased the drop frequency of both item designs and raw materials used for crafting. The enhancements coming in this update streamline the crafting efforts allowing them more time to engage in combat as opposed to mundane tasks.

Read more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Can anyone who still plays shed some light on the following part of the patch notes:

"Balaur now take over Kysis Fortress in the Abyss during normal siege times."

Why?  Can players actually take out dredgions now or something?  Do they want this fort to be forced to flip because the Elyos dominate the servers?  Just a curious former player.

Steam: Neph

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I wonder if this game die or already almost dead?

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• highwindcidhighwindcid Member Posts: 17

How would any current players rate this, if they could include the changes in this patch? I bought it at release and didn't bother renewing past the first month...Everytime this game is patched though it seems like they keep increasing drop rates and experience gains etc, leading me to believe it still has that super grindy aspect. Any thoughts?

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I had no problem with the leveling in Aion when the expansion launched (thats the first time I'd played it).

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

Is the grind gone, yet? Real  and honest answer plz kthx

• BekaBeka Member UncommonPosts: 59

I've been playing since the first beta and was surprised at increased experience points again (not really needed), but not the (hopefully) improved drop rates. While they've slowly improved drops, they still needed to be better. Now if they'd just make manastone failure only destroy that manastone instead of all socketed stones. Grrrr. As to sieges, faction & server balance and rifting.. NCWest screwed that up so badly I don't even pay attention to that part of the game anymore.

The devs in Korea are slowly improving the game, just wish we'd get the features all the Asian countries have, like NCSoft originally promised; not hold back emotes, costumes, and who knows what, from the west.  :(

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Originally posted by highwindcid

How would any current players rate this, if they could include the changes in this patch? I bought it at release and didn't bother renewing past the first month...Everytime this game is patched though it seems like they keep increasing drop rates and experience gains etc, leading me to believe it still has that super grindy aspect. Any thoughts?

Grind compared to what? Compared to WoW...sure, everything takes longer.  Are there enough quests to level up without grinding half of a level?  Mostly yes. People do both. They've added tons of quests, buffed the xp and kinah rewards for questing. But leveling really does slow down at higher levels.

I still contend that Aion is not a game meant for power levelers to rush to max level.   Those players just don't last in Aion.  Once they hit level 35-40 they burn out and fade away.  Whenever I see a new player ask, "so how is endgame?" or say "I can't wait to get to 55" ...I can almost guarantee you that they'll be gone within a month. 

The hardcore PvP crowd will have their debate about the impact of game changes, but for those of us looking for a quality, well rounded, mmorpg experience...each patch has been an improvement on an already solid game.  With patch 2.5 and 3.0 on the horizon the future of Aion is looking good.  

• carebear77carebear77 Member Posts: 86

In regards to server balance and so called dead servers @ lovely_lady  :  There are currently 8 active  EU servers and i play on Spatalos. Spatalos was considered the worst dead/imba server of the whole bunch after the mass transfers. There seemed to be too many elyos and not enough asmo.

Nowadayz the divine tower and the upper forts goes this way and that every two weeks. Our server balance is very impressive with incredibly high numbers of high level players participating, and the sieges are the most fun that anyone will ever hav in large scale PVP. There is no Lag ( unless you hav a toaster for a pc ), and i play the game on our pathetic south african internet. There is also alwayz the shift F12 to ease frame rates.

As for the new patch : It seems like every month or so NC sends out an in  game questionnaire( with reward ) that ask players directly what they want in the game and to rate the current content. Then a week later those changes gets implemented. Never has that happened in any other mmo that i have played. This change will soon be seen in other mmos.

Im glad crafiting is getting attention and now i will get my wifes alchemy up to get those major life serums out. Kinah kinah kinah.   

Aion is not easy, and it s hard to get pvp armor, but thats the way i like it. 

• KhokoKhoko Member Posts: 2

Having played Wow for many years, I think they just hide the grind better than Aion or other MMOs.   That being said, today I cancelled my Wow subscription after burning out on Cata content & raiding already.  Aion is my "go-to" game when I need a change of pace.

They do listen to their subscribers and I feel will eventually be balanced out . I started with beta also, and played 4 months or so after its release.   It is harder to get your gear, and I like that aspect of it most!   

Over time I do see major improvements in Aion, so it keeps me coming back.  This time, I may just stay  :-)

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

And that is exactly why this game will never be anything more than 2nd rate!  A good pvp game needs good equipment that is accessible.  Only players with no pvp skill like equipment dominated pvp games.  The game really needs another faction to balance things too.

• highwindcidhighwindcid Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by Qazz

Originally posted by highwindcid

Grind compared to what? Compared to WoW...sure, everything takes longer.  Are there enough quests to level up without grinding half of a level?  Mostly yes. People do both. They've added tons of quests, buffed the xp and kinah rewards for questing. But leveling really does slow down at higher levels.

I still contend that Aion is not a game meant for power levelers to rush to max level.   Those players just don't last in Aion.  Once they hit level 35-40 they burn out and fade away.  Whenever I see a new player ask, "so how is endgame?" or say "I can't wait to get to 55" ...I can almost guarantee you that they'll be gone within a month. 

The hardcore PvP crowd will have their debate about the impact of game changes, but for those of us looking for a quality, well rounded, mmorpg experience...each patch has been an improvement on an already solid game.  With patch 2.5 and 3.0 on the horizon the future of Aion is looking good.  

Thanks for your time in the response. Perhaps after 3.0...but by then we might be looking at Path of Exile, HellGate:Resurection...and who knows what else. Still, I wouldn't mind putting the money I spent at release back to use.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

"Quests have been re-worked with increased drop frequency of items and gear rewarding players for their efforts."

Yo this is just terrible. I have not played Aion, I've played a F2P MMO where the drop ratio was not 1:1 and it just sucked.

And if Tera does anything where we're asked to bring 10 of x and in the process we have to kill 30 of Y, I don't think Tera will stand any chance here in West.

Now I understand why a lot of people say Aion = Grind.

I think in WoW almost always the ratio is 1:1? I know DCUO did this once or twice where ration was not 1:1, and those missions stood out.

What about Rift, does Rift do this, where the ratio is not 1:1?

• VotanVotan Member UncommonPosts: 291

I liked Aion but the population issues with Elyos was just to much to take for me.  Hard to enjoy pvp when the elyos own almost everything.

• yoyoblakayoyoblaka Member Posts: 32

Originally posted by Ozmodan

And that is exactly why this game will never be anything more than 2nd rate!  A good pvp game needs good equipment that is accessible.  Only players with no pvp skill like equipment dominated pvp games.  The game really needs another faction to balance things too.

I dunno if they changed pvp in this game but it used to be whoever had more time on their hands got better rewards. It was like how WoW used to do the pvp rewards at first through bgs. 

Anyways it takes a lot more skill to get high WoW arena ratings than it does to get pvp gear in Aion.