Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: 2010 Awards: Game of the Year

Comments

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

Originally posted by Cecropia

Not a very impressive feat considering how dry of a year 2010 was, but nonetheless, congratulations to CCP yet again.

Hmm yeah 2010 was a bit of a dry year. Didn't come as a surprise for me either. Congratulations to CCP yet again. I know I've played the game and loved it :)

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

I'm glad the community came together and elected the game that truly deserved the win. Nothing compares to EVE at the moment in terms of innovation, graphics and complexity.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

I would be playing EVE if it were not for Darkfall.  Grats to CCP.  Its really going to hit the fan when Dust comes out.

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625

This is a joke.  Eve is the most noob-unfriendly game that has ever been made.  If your 'corporation' owns large chunks of space, I'm sure you're having tons of fun griefing the rest of the server.

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625

Maybe CCP just offered the best 'package'.

Hmm?

• stevekr21stevekr21 Member Posts: 50

Well done CCP, yet another award to add to the ever growing list!

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Originally posted by ironfungus

I don't even play Eve and I voted for it. LOL

Me too. Congrats to CCP, you guys rock

• Radar11xRadar11x Member UncommonPosts: 118

Well its kind of sad that it got game of the year but in the end thats not say much with 2010 being lack luster when it comes to mmorpgs. dont get me wrong Eve is good at what it does it s just that what it  had done  in 2010 wasn't all that great. Props to CCP tho its an mmo that will be running for years to come.

• DarksecDarksec Member Posts: 13

Lol @ all the bitter WoW fanboys digs and gripes. Eve I have played for a time but sadly do not have the time for such an in depth title these days. You need to have brains and require thought to do well in eve which is something most WoW player lack or refuse to use. Or maybe they dont have the time like me. Anyway well done fantstic game still to this day keep it living

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Just shows that games not designed like the standard themepark style have their followings.

Gratz to CCP and another strong year.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Originally posted by Kyleran

Just shows that games not designed like the standard themepark style have their followings.

Gratz to CCP and another strong year.

Indeed.

There is certainly no shortage of posters around here that would have you believe otherwise.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Grats to ccp! I dont play eve but i know hundreds of thousands of people do and are in mmo heaven.

• Silver_LeafSilver_Leaf Member Posts: 135

Eve looks great, really great on paper and trailers. What you CAN do is limitless. However actual gameplay is somewat lacking and very repetitive.

• lorthantalislorthantalis Member Posts: 4

@ silver_leaf.    And grinding mobs for xp isn't repetitive? 

• SandaStunnaSandaStunna Member Posts: 101

that's great maybe i should resub. sike.

• Bdog12894Bdog12894 Member Posts: 2

Let me start by saying I dont like to post comments on any thing but after reading some of these i had to. Personaly I couldn't get into eve online but i still thought it had good fetures,but im adhd so i can't really get in to games like that. i can still see the good in it though.personly i lasted longer in this game then i did in wow. wow is just to old and its really been lossing its touch there expansions are not getting any better plus you have to pay for them.eves expansions you get for free and they help fix proplems along with adding stuff to it.also some one said that the game that won was the one you don't even have to play but thats a lie if you tried going through this game with not longing on for days you would have a hard time specialy if you were in a corpation you could get kicked out and left alone or when you signed back in you solar system could have been taken bye another faction or corp. so i agree that this is a hard game to get into from the start but it has alot more to do them most if your just willing to put in the time.

so please unless you did alot of research on this game and you know alot about it dont fucking bad mouth it ok because wow isn't much better thats why they have been lossing there population.yes it was good when it came out but just like all other games it gets old. and yes even eve can get old over time theres just so much to do.

• Bdog12894Bdog12894 Member Posts: 2

i left something out this poll was not only for games that came out this year ok so stop saying it only won because no  good games came out this year. this was all the game if you didn't fuck read the post at the top ok so really any other mmorpg could have won ok.

• RabidBowmanRabidBowman Member Posts: 41

Originally posted by dsebutchr

Wow....the spreadsheet with screensaver game won...

Congrats CCP.  Your game is garbage but good job impressing the loudest voices here.

Funny as heck.

• rsrestonrsreston Member UncommonPosts: 346

HA! SWG ranked 5th! Suck it, haters!

• lorthantalislorthantalis Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by swampthing11

eve?  Seriously?  They musta had a campaign to get votes on their forum.  Spreadsheet in space.

lol about 90% of the Eve population refuses to even look at forums.

• toxicmangotoxicmango Member UncommonPosts: 119

Bleh, what an utter joke.  This site is either crawling with fanboys or the site people have a serious hard on for eve.  Given all the articles gushing about EVE on this site, it could very well be both, with the fanboys being the writers.  It seriously raises questions of the supposed objectiveness and impartiality of this site and the writers.   Behind the pretty exterior, the gameplay is sterile garbage and brimming over with corruption and favoritism.  The grind is there just as much as any other game only it is isk instead of levels.   Ïf you're not in with the big groups or know some devs, you can forget about actually making any difference.  The claim of a sandbox is just a lure to sucker people in.

Yes, I have played it and no I don't like it when the game is rocked by scandals.  It's no sandbox when the developers or powers behind the scenes are fiddling things and playing favorites with their own buddies. 

• EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426

Gratz CCP. EVE is one of the most oustanding sandboxes in the market, they approach the customer 

in a very perilous way as it is not newbie friendly, and indeed they win the GOTY! Great! 

Many Wow Fanbois in this thread spreading anger, I see. 

It is a question of fangs.

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

So 82% of MMO players here felt their game was better than EVE, and somehow EVE wins Game of the Year?

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    I didn't vote for EVE this year. I'm not such a blind fanboy that I would give CCP my vote after how craptastic most of the year was for them. Turning it around the last three months of the year Doesn't earn you my vote. I gave that to LotRO due to it's payment model switch and additions it made to the game like revamped starting areas and UI changes. I like where Turbine is headed with that game.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I wonder how many of those that voted for Eve actually are playing it. Because the game looks great on paper, but actually playing is mindnumbingly boring.

PvE is boring, period. PvP is all about numbers and how can gank first and many times you go looking for PvP, for hours, and find nothing because either the target ships are too many or too few, so they warp away.