Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising: Get Your Beta Key Now!

13»

Comments

• deception77deception77 Member Posts: 17

lol saying rift sucks and this pixel garbage is better with low end graphics and Terrible combat yeam you guys are fuggin jaded....

• King_KumquatKing_Kumquat Member Posts: 492

I actually got a beta key!

I do have a question and I apologize in advance if this is well known information and it's easy to find and my just not looking for it is too very apparent... Alas, wasn't this a game that was supposed to come out in 2005 or so? It all seems familiar to me, and I like what I see whilst this download zooms quite along on the royal connection. But I may just be crazy.

Heavy is the crown you know.

Will develop an original MMORPG title for money.
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

I played it, and I MAY try it again.. But I can only have so much themepark in this mmo diet.. And I am currently getting my appetite ready for Rift, so this game didn't really catch me from the start..

• hakub2hakub2 Member UncommonPosts: 10

im in beta and nothing speciphic but its a bad wow clone

• swapnilsinghswapnilsingh Member Posts: 3

it is not wow every game is not a wow clone u noe -.-

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

Originally posted by deception77

lol saying rift sucks and this pixel garbage is better with low end graphics and Terrible combat yeam you guys are fuggin jaded....

i havent pleyed rift but i have played this game and i have to say i managed the graphics and system all around prolly 20 minutes until i mad emy decition not to continue any further.

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

Originally posted by grunty

A Heads-up to all.

This uses Pando Media Booster. PMB is a peer to peer file sharing system. If you don't shut it down it will continue to take ALL of you upload capability sending files out to others even after you have finished installing the game. It will run 24 hours a day if you don't. It will start up when you restart your computer and continue to do this until you uninstall it.

You have been warned.

Thats actually false information, PMB does not run 24 hours a day until you uninstall it, it shares the download for a total of 24 hours then stops. Its becoming a very common method of distribution, and shouldnt be an issue for anyone on a reasonably decent connection.

• DrDreamDrDream Member UncommonPosts: 237

lolumad?

if you play a game for graphics just stop talking right now if you played any old school mmos youd know graphics mean shit, on that note the combat was far from terrible i will give you that it was a little glitchy but its beta and when you compare a company that has over a 50million dollar budget and one thats probablly not as much you cant expect the same things. Stop hating on the few of us who do like it.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Well I played this game when it was in Perpetual beta.  It had no redeeming qualities then.  Besides eliminating many of the numerous bugs, I can't believe it has any redeeming qualities added to it.

So to anyone that says it is a good game, I disagree.  There are so many much better games out there, why are you wasting your leisure time playing this junk?

The only good thing Perpetual did was deep six this game.  

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Beautiful pixels is not everything... Gameplay is at least as important...

BTW, dunno how your settings are in GnH, but I think it looks better than RIFT ;-)

• Originally posted by hakub2

i disagree, WoW is an EQ2 clone....yeah thats right EQ2 came out first!

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178

Well, I had thought because the game went in one way or another 'belly up' that when someone else got their hands on it, they would at least make SOME changes. Same exact game, same exact bugs. Let's just hope they fix some of them now.

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178

Originally posted by Cikbik

Originally posted by hakub2

i disagree, WoW is an EQ2 clone....yeah thats right EQ2 came out first!

Yup I gues you would be right...barely..By like a week or 2...(rolls eyes) But who's doing 'better'?

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

this game looks awful, plays even worse...concept is good with the minions and story. Yet this game fails hard with gameplay bugs, and terribad/dated graphics engine.

Whatever about it being beta....it's just bad after about a hours worth of exploring this grainy mess....just had to uninstall it.

• deception77deception77 Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by DrDream

lolumad?

if you play a game for graphics just stop talking right now if you played any old school mmos youd know graphics mean shit, on that note the combat was far from terrible i will give you that it was a little glitchy but its beta and when you compare a company that has over a 50million dollar budget and one thats probablly not as much you cant expect the same things. Stop hating on the few of us who do like it.

no far from mad actually find it all humorous that people like you cling to these crappy indie companies releasing garbage thats been already dropped once because its crap. Putting graphics aside this game is boring and lacks anything at all worth mentioning even for an indie company. Heck I've seen foreign indie dev's put more effort into games then this. Making stupid comments like umad because someone disses your crappy indie game shows how jaded you really are. This game is a pile of you know what and it being dropped before justifies my opinion and a lot of others here on the forums....

• poxyproxypoxyproxy Member Posts: 3

got 1 unused key if anyone needs;

Congratulations on your beta key for Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising!

Your key is: ANVRWQ-NBM4D-6CC8HX-8486V

This page contains one closed beta code and a link to download the client installer. If you want to get a closed beta code for a friend please ask them to sign up for one HERE.

Installation

http://dl.godsandheroes.com/GnHInstaller_0.10.25.0b_Downloader.exe

The installer decompresses the client to a folder you specify which may be deleted in order to uninstall it. The installer will create a shortcut on your desktop to launch the game.

After you have downloaded the installer, double click the file to open it, select a location to install the game, and press Install.

Account Creation

1) Install the game and double click the shortcut created on your desktop to launch the game.

2) Once you have reached the login screen of the launcher, click the “Create Account” button.

3) Enter all the requested information and create your account.

4) follow this link http://hwp-alpha-ext.godsandheroes.com/violet/showLogin.do and login w/ the credentials you selected.

5) An email will be sent to the address you signed up with - click on the link in that email to verify your address.

6) After you make your account you will be prompted to enter a beta code. Use the beta code provided below.

7) If you are asked to choose a payment method, select “Game Time Code.” On the following screen, press the cancel button. A payment method is not required for you to play.

Important Note: You may not be able to successfully complete character creation and log in to the game if you have not verified your email address.

Beta Code

Any problems at all, please contact [email protected]

We really want your feedback on the development of the game. Feedback and bugs should be directed towards the Gods and Heroes forum and are greatly appreciated. Keep in mind there will be intermittent periods of down time as we reconfigure the servers. This is a closed beta, after all

Thanks and we’ll see you on the battlefields!

G&H Dev Team

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Alphamojo
    this game looks awful, plays even worse...concept is good with the minions and story. Yet this game fails hard with gameplay bugs, and terribad/dated graphics engine.

Whatever about it being beta....it's just bad after about a hours worth of exploring this grainy mess....just had to uninstall it.

Maybe you should check the graphics settings on the game. They may not have turned the graphics settings up high by default.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.