Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going to give this game a try.

I've decides to spend the cash and try out the game.   I've heard the complaints of it being "too much clicking" or whatever, and I am getting to be a pretty old dude (That's why I like my 3-button rotation in Warcraft).

However, I've read DC comics for many, many, many years (Some things you never outgrow), and I can't wait to see that universe come to life.

Will it hold my attention? Who knows? Who cares?  If I get a month of entertainment from it, it's worth the money to buy it.

Now, you can all go on with your day having read this very important information.

Comments

• dnarrisdnarris Member Posts: 267

Originally posted by imanorc

I've decides to spend the cash and try out the game.   I've heard the complaints of it being "too much clicking" or whatever, and I am getting to be a pretty old dude (That's why I like my 3-button rotation in Warcraft).

However, I've read DC comics for many, many, many years (Some things you never outgrow), and I can't wait to see that universe come to life.

Will it hold my attention? Who knows? Who cares?  If I get a month of entertainment from it, it's worth the money to buy it.

Now, you can all go on with your day having read this very important information.

My 30th birthday is right around the corner and the game gives me trouble with my hands every once in a while.

As much as some MMO players hate to hear it, I find using a Xbox controller with this game is way easier on my hands. If you got one give it a shot. It felt way better for me than rapidly clicking mouse buttons.

• BattleskarBattleskar Member Posts: 341

Originally posted by dnarris

My 30th birthday is right around the corner and the game gives me trouble with my hands every once in a while.

As much as some MMO players hate to hear it, I find using a Xbox controller with this game is way easier on my hands. If you got one give it a shot. It felt way better for me than rapidly clicking mouse buttons.

I did not know this was going to be on the xbox? I thought it was for PC and PS3 only so Correct me if I am wrong but are you using and controller made for PC that is like the Xbox? If it is going to be on 360 cool I just got me a 360 yesterday:)

• dnarrisdnarris Member Posts: 267

Originally posted by Battleskar

I did not know this was going to be on the xbox? I thought it was for PC and PS3 only so Correct me if I am wrong but are you using and controller made for PC that is like the Xbox? If it is going to be on 360 cool I just got me a 360 yesterday:)

Unfortunately, it's just a Xbox controller for Windows.

• BattleskarBattleskar Member Posts: 341

Originally posted by Battleskar

Unfortunately, it's just a Xbox controller for Windows.Thx. Still have Red Dead Redemption to keep me goin while I wait for Rift:P

• 4getting20094getting2009 Member UncommonPosts: 178

36 years old here. I sport the feral rotation in WoW, much easier now...

Controller Stuff 

I will try it. I too plan to use an xbox controller. Playing Feral in WoW has caused me some wrist issues. I ended up not using my extra mouse buttons and just went as full KB as possible. That has now started causing me issues in my other wrist. NOTE, I have been playing since release, ony this year have I had the issues, It has to be my age. The Xbox controller however has not been much releif. I can say this for it however..I can wear a wrist brace and use a controller. I cannot use a mouse with a wrist brace on.

DC STUFF

Anyway, I stopped  collecting comics about 7-8 years ago. I was a HUGE NightWing and Green Lantern fan. 

Bats is cool, but I really enjoyed reading about a hero constantly in the bat's shadow whilst trying to become his own person. He actually got his name from a Kryptonian Vigilante, and it was SuperMan ( who bats does not trust, but cooperates with) that Convinced him to stay on course in his role as a vigilante. NightWing is always the first bats turns to when in over his head. He may have younger faster, reflexes, but the master still out thinks and out stealths him every time. Makes him seem more human to me than Bats. 

Green Lantern is just pure win..

• OtiroOtiro Member Posts: 205

I'm 48 And find my hands crimp up after using a controller for about an hour. I prefer the mouse and keyboard. 

I like the fact that you can play this game either way.

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

I know it is a big deal for people that have only played MMORPG's, but anyone who has played FPS games or action games like Diablo, will be use to clicking the mouse to attack.  The only difference is the sequences and the holds rather than just mashing the key over and over.

if you can get used to that and get past the bare bones UI and chat I'm sure you will enjoy the game.

• rabidkiwirabidkiwi Member UncommonPosts: 44

34 here... 

I was getting wrist and finger issues since i play these games a lot and work on computers 100% of my work day too.. so i got a wristrest for my mouse... now no more pain!  thought i would throw it out there for you guys too.

• 4getting20094getting2009 Member UncommonPosts: 178

Originally posted by rabidkiwi

34 here... 

I was getting wrist and finger issues since i play these games a lot and work on computers 100% of my work day too.. so i got a wristrest for my mouse... now no more pain!  thought i would throw it out there for you guys too.

Those can work, though you have to be careful. Some of them cause more damage than they prevent. Good positioning and frequent breaks with wrist rotations can prevent issues as well.