Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't uninstall?

GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Looks like people are having problems uninstalling this game.  The response from soe???

http://skalenda.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/back-to-play/

TSR-AndyD wrote:

I’m sure you all realize that the focus of the development staff is currently going to be bmaking the game as awesome as possible for the retail release. The broken uninstaller is a forgivable and understandable over-sight.

Yes, to get back the majority of the space used by DC Universe Online you can just delete the installation folder. For Windows 7 and Windows Vista this is going to be C:userspublicSony Online EntertainmentInstalled GamesDC Universe Online Beta.

The only thing to keep in mind when deleting the root installation folder is that this will still leave registry files for the game in your computer. Not that this is going to do any damage, but it won’t technically be “fully uninstalled”.

Hold in there, beta testers! The game is nearing its release date, and I promise it has been worth the testing and waiting.

–TSR AndyD

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Comments

• ImixZinzImixZinz Member CommonPosts: 553

On a related note, I think i've still got traces of Oblivion hidding on my PC somewhere...bastard game. :/

• AshenFangAshenFang Member Posts: 21

I was able to uninstall it be going into the actual folders and locating the uninstall file there.

There have also been people saying that if you get the original install file you used, start it up, go into it's repair, skip over the patches for the launcher and then uninstall it from that. (I believe that was the method at least.)

I thought about leaving it on my computer till I remade my character, as you could still get on the character selection screen, so I could get the same colors as before.. but figured it didn't matter.

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516

It's the little things where you can tell if a company actually gives a **** about their customers, or if the only they care about is a quick buck.  When I went to uninstall the beta immediately pops up and tells me its going to remove c:/windows/system32

What the ****? lol.

Luckily I am not the average person and was quite easily able to remove it and all offensive traces of their malware.  This is not an uncommon occurance with SOE products, even in retail.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

ANYWAYS.. "give a crap about their customers" blah blah...

if you go C:userspublicSony Online EntertainmentInstalled GamesDC Universe Online Beta and then click the uninstaller.. it works perfectly.  None of the system32 stuff that occurs through add/remove programs.  It works fine.  Atleast for me.