Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OP class in DCUO

sldropsldrop Member Posts: 112

Nature is the OP Class!!!

I don't know if they change anything since i last played. 

The Wolf shapeshifting is way OP. You hit faster(make all weapon same speed) hit harder(2x more damage) and + more crit.(5% i think)

Be Nature with 2hand weapon you will own everything.  You don't even need skills to play this class.

You can just left click like a mad man and kill anything. 

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by sldrop

The Wolf shapeshifting is way OP. You hit faster hit(make all weapon same speed) harder (2x more damage) and + more crit.(5% i think)
    Be Nature with 2hand weapon you will own everything.  You don't even need skills to play this class.

My shaman in wow has been overpowered 3 times, but it also had its underpowered moments.. Things in mmos change constantly. Today op, tomorrow deathlast in the foodchain. Dont choose a class based on experiences that are going to change, choose a class based on the gameplay you love.....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• NemorsaNemorsa Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 131

Amen brudda.

• Lunny08Lunny08 Member Posts: 120

Ice - can turn into ice, become invunerable and heal - OP

Mind - can turn into citizens and do mega damage - OP

Nature - op

I think they're all kind erm strong.

• disownationdisownation Member UncommonPosts: 243

The Wolf shapeshifting is way OP. You hit faster(make all weapon same speed) hit harder(2x more damage) and + more crit.(5% i think)

As a Martial Arts/Fire I had no problems beating several Nature specs twice my level. OP is pretty much determined by skill (and the ability to Block others attacks). Faster/harder hitting is practically reduced to nothing if you know how to time your Blocks....or dodge out of the way completely.

• sldropsldrop Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by disownation

As a Martial Arts/Fire I had no problems beating several Nature specs twice my level. OP is pretty much determined by skill (and the ability to Block others attacks). Faster/harder hitting is practically reduced to nothing if you know how to time your Blocks....or dodge out of the way completely.

After you play the class you will know.  

I played 2 other class before i played Nature. The different when you are in wolf form is crazy.  Its like being Martial(same speed) with 2x more damage. And the cool thing is you don't need your weapon class points. Since wolf come with its own combo . So u can use 3 weapon tree gettign those +15% crit damage and 5% crit chances

• disownationdisownation Member UncommonPosts: 243

I played 2 other class before i played Nature. The different when you are in wolf form is crazy.  Its like being Martial(same speed) with 2x more damage. And the cool thing is you don't need your weapon class points. Since wolf come with its own combo . So u can use 3 weapon tree gettign those +15% crit damage and 5% crit chances

I did roll a Nature class. And I did spec into Shapeshifting. I rolled several classes Bows/Gagets, Staves/Sorcery etc. I'm not saying Nature is not OP...it certainly can be. But every class is OP if you are skilled. A bad player who rolls Nature and just button mashes without chaining any combos and never learning how to block, will not "magically" be OP because he simply rolled Nature. He'll still get owned by any player who knows how to dodge, block, chain combos, stuns and knock downs.

That's all I'm really saying.

• dnarrisdnarris Member Posts: 267

It's true that wolf form is pretty powerful.

You can, indeed, use your weapon skill points just to stack stats, if you want to limit your character in their normal form.

The stacked crit capability does make it pretty powerful.

But I've found other combinations in other powersets that are just as powerful and are much more fun for me than staying in wolf form all the time.

Besides, I'm confident that if anything is truly overpowered, the band wagon will abuse the heck out of it until it's nerfed into oblivion.

• sldropsldrop Member Posts: 112

I did roll a Nature class. And I did spec into Shapeshifting. I rolled several classes Bows/Gagets, Staves/Sorcery etc. I'm not saying Nature is not OP...it certainly can be. But every class is OP if you are skilled. A bad player who rolls Nature and just button mashes without chaining any combos and never learning how to block, will not "magically" be OP because he simply rolled Nature. He'll still get owned by any player who knows how to dodge, block, chain combos, stuns and knock downs.

k ..u may need some skill to play this class ... but this class is easy to learn ..the combo is easy .. .. I still say its better then any other  class

i did 180 crit just left clicking(no combo) and 300+ with combo ...with blue green gear..

dont even talk about PVE ..i dps more the full epic set players

The only draw back is lookign like a wolf all the time ...yea this class goign to be nerf like crazy

• ValquissValquiss Member Posts: 37

Yes, they've adjusted shapeshifting.  It's largely fire tanks who are attracting the criticism for being OP now.

• HalowHalow Member Posts: 71

Anyone else freakin hyped that this game is coming out in 3 days.. I am gonna murder you all.. go DCUO.

• TyrellJonezTyrellJonez Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by Halow

Anyone else freakin hyped that this game is coming out in 3 days.. I am gonna murder you all.. go DCUO.

Extremely. I'm counting the minutes!

And by the way everyone who says nature is OP PLEASE keep posting that. The developers are listening and will the nerf the hell outta it if u keep saying it so...yeah keep claiming nature is OP.

Also i verily agree that nothing is really all that OP (cept that fire bug that made u power up with every fireball) and it really comes down to how good you are at combos and whatnot. My ice/2h villian beat everything in its path although i will admit nature took longer due to most nature guys dropping their forms and trying to heal to survive and then run away when that won't keep them alive either.

SoulPlane 2: The Blackjacking is a American Movie Classic!

• AbangyarudoAbangyarudo Member Posts: 156

k ..u may need some skill to play this class ... but this class is easy to learn ..the combo is easy .. .. I still say its better then any other  class

i did 180 crit just left clicking(no combo) and 300+ with combo ...with blue green gear..

dont even talk about PVE ..i dps more the full epic set players

The only draw back is lookign like a wolf all the time ...yea this class goign to be nerf like crazy

Not really when you understand wolf class like fire dps is a glass cannon. It is inherently easy to take down someone in wolf form if you disrupt their combos juggle them or otherwise keep them contained. When you understand every class/powersets weakness you will see that nothing is insanely overpowered. Nature can be taken down fairly quick so I wouldn't classify that as op. I did have some issue with gorrilla form because after they changed it where it tanked a bit better it was on some of my lower dps classes to do enough damage but in the end they didn't have the dps either. As my character had decent damage mitigation they went down fairly easy it just took longer.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

Nature is not overpowered at all.  It all depend on how you play the class,  but most importantly its on how you counter it.  The wolf form is very powerful,  but has a few tremendous flaws.  One being that you can't really heal while you're in wolf form after the latest changes,  and the next being that wolf form can't take nearly any damage.

Other then that, it can tear through opponents in melee,  so your best bet when fighting someone in wolf form is to stay on the offensive, because of the very limited amount of damage they can take, a few well placed combos and powers will destroy a wolf character in a matter of minutes.

I posted in another thread about the changed they've made to the combat system,  and its very prevalent when using the nature set.  Before nature users could save all of their powers for healing, and still win a number of fights in PvE,  but now with the amount of buffs they've done to special powers,  its more about how much DPS you can put out rather then the amount of skill it takes to fight and outlast your opponents.

While a healer in healer mode may put up a decent fight, lasting longer then a healer in damage mode,  ultimately a healer in damage mode will die very quickly unless they are spec'ing their powers for damage rather then heals.   It kind of throws off the dynamic of the class in PvP as before, a healer could play in either mode with healing skills and stay fairly viable,  now in PvP you have to make some hard choices on what your focus will be.

I don't really like the system because it changes me more from a support type damage dealer, to a full on damage dealer.  Fights that used to take 5 to 10 minutes now takes me 1 to 2 minutes because I'm just spamming special powers,  but the truth is,  as long as you know your loadout pretty well,  any set can do the same thing and win battles.  

The major overpowered builds right now are Ice with reflection being broken,  and Mental with a few bugged powers that literally allows for complete damage mitigation,  oh, and fire is also pretty over powered because, in the last patch, they allowed for DoTs to stack, so in a PvP scenario, fire would take down players twice as fast.

• AshenFangAshenFang Member Posts: 21

Reflect is working as intented, after several complaints on the beta another and myself went off to test it several times over, and got the same result: Reflected three attacks. Though it would seem Ice Bash for some reason was bugged at the time, doing damage to the person after they have been defeated.