Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: New Trailer and Beta Info

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

With the complete overhaul of the Korean TERA site, BlueHole Studios released a new trailer in celebration of the site and the announcement that the open beta in Korea will begin on January 11, 2011. For North American fans, En Masse Entertainment clarified that the 1-11-11 date is ONLY for Korea and that other localized beta events will be announced at a later date.

The January 11th date included at the end of this trailer serves to announce the beginning of Hangame's Open Beta Test (OBT) for TERA in Korea. This date does not refer to En Masse Entertainment's OBT for TERA in North America. The dates for the North American OBT will be announced at a later time.

We invite you all to join the global TERA community in enjoying the new trailer while we strive to make TERA the best MMO possible. We also encourage you to read Senior Producer Brian Knox's recent TERA Blog post addressing how we release information about the game.

Read more here.

Click the image below to check out the video on YouTube.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Time will tell if this will be the "FFXIV done right"

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

Originally posted by kishe

NOTHING of FF here buddy =x

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• ParadoxyParadoxy Member Posts: 786

Originally posted by Kenaoshi

Originally posted by kishe

NOTHING of FF here buddy =x

I think he means the FUN part. I am sure FFXIV can take some tips from Tera.

Who could have thought that WOW could bring super power like USA to its knees?

Originally posted by Arcken

To put it in a nutshell, our society is about to hit the fan, grades are dropping, obesity is going up,childhood the USA is going to lose its super power status before too long, but hey, as long as we have a cheap method to babysit our kids, all will be well no?
    Im picking on WoW btw because its the beast that made all of this possible

• fasthooffasthoof Member UncommonPosts: 6

Dear Tera Developers,

Please take your time on the western release.  I know we are all whining and grousing about wanting it out now, but we are a fickle crowd, and your first impression means EVERYTHING. 

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450

Any dates for European release yet?

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by fasthoof

Dear Tera Developers,

Please take your time on the western release.  I know we are all whining and grousing about wanting it out now, but we are a fickle crowd, and your first impression means EVERYTHING. 

Agreed.  Normalization should be done carefully.  All you have to do is look at the terrible job NCSoft did with Aion.

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

I like the part with the scantily clad little girls dance and a short fat furry pedobear gets all excited.

creepiest race design choice ever.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

To all those TERA haters: see you in-game soon!

We all know you'll try it eventually. You won't be able to resist the temptation.

• chriswsmchriswsm Member UncommonPosts: 383

Looks like by the time the beta becomes available in Europe I will be too busy with DCUO and SWTOR to care

I used to visit this site a lot however in recent years it has become the home of negative forum posts, illogical opinions and tantrums so I visit less often.

Played or Beta'd: UO / DAOC / Horizons / EQ2 / DDO / EVE / Archlord / PirateKingsOnline / Tabula Rasa / LOTRO / AOC / Champions / Darkfall / Mortal Online / DCUO / Rift / STO / SWTOR / TSW

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

One of my friends is madly in love with this game, and can't wait for it to be released, when I told him NA has to wait longer for beta info he raged a little. He really wants to play this game let's just say that.

• AzzthurasAzzthuras Member Posts: 122

Im going to find it funny when people go into the Korean open beta and find a grind due to the fact the korean client and north american clients are different for level up values.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by Azzthuras

Im going to find it funny when people go into the Korean open beta and find a grind due to the fact the korean client and north american clients are different for level up values.

I disagree.

Think of the kind of folks who would go through the lengths of securing a Korean account JUST to play TERA ahead of the pack.

Would they really complain about something like that? ;)

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

I find it curious how the westerners always act like little lambs on this asian experiences.

OB is starting on Korea the 11 but the US and EU will have to wait for a later date. This will always be the way this and other asian games are gonna be done, them first we second, or thirds. Both in betas, patches, improvements, gameplays and pretty much everything else.

I dont want to pay a game where Im treated like a second choice

• RedTortugaRedTortuga Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by Azzthuras

Source?

• DymasiusDymasius Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by tryklon

I find it curious how the westerners always act like little lambs on this asian experiences.

OB is starting on Korea the 11 but the US and EU will have to wait for a later date. This will always be the way this and other asian games are gonna be done, them first we second, or thirds. Both in betas, patches, improvements, gameplays and pretty much everything else.

Disagree. You are in no way treated second choice. Translation and localization take a while, but it was already promised that US and Eu release will be close to Korean one. Also, did you bother checking the US forums? They listen and consider the ideas of players and try their best to make lore and leveling speed more appealing to us Westerners. Also, why are you complaining? Just because we have to wait a few months longer? See it that way: The Koreans are in a sort of way beta testing for us too, meaning when we get to play the game will be a lot smoother. I mean, WoW launches expansions later in China too, but I see no one complaining.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

the popori creep me out

• LeviathonlxLeviathonlx Member Posts: 135

Tera could be good but a pretty trailer doesn't really do too much to show me how a game will be since even Aion had pretty trailers.

• GoggyGoggy Member Posts: 84

Nice gaphics, but that about it.

Just found it too much of a grindfest.

• Domy1Domy1 Member UncommonPosts: 46

Originally posted by Dymasius

Originally posted by tryklon

Disagree. You are in no way treated second choice. Translation and localization take a while, but it was already promised that US and Eu release will be close to Korean one. Also, did you bother checking the US forums? They listen and consider the ideas of players and try their best to make lore and leveling speed more appealing to us Westerners. Also, why are you complaining? Just because we have to wait a few months longer? See it that way: The Koreans are in a sort of way beta testing for us too, meaning when we get to play the game will be a lot smoother. I mean, WoW launches expansions later in China too, but I see no one complaining.

Am sorry Dymasius  but can you tell me a korean game where NA and EU are NOT treated as 2nd class cash cows for the Koreans?

Typically we are 2 - 4 months behind in release and patches and f2p games the item malls are more expensive.(this is p2p but the argument is the same)

Fine we have localization and translation which messes up the game in some way but can any1 in NA fix this? no, they have to then send a report to the devs in Korea who decide whether its worth their time in correcting the bug or to just leave it as a FEATURE.

Am not moaning at the game (I will be playing it) and am not moaning at you but until NA/EU create something from the ground up we have to accept that we are 2nd class in these games and no they are NOT beta testing the game for us, they are PLAYING THE GAME for themselves as we would for example WOW you mentioned.

Gotta get off that high horse, it's their game and we have to play it by their rules...... if we ask nicely

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

There's ALOT of games coming out and are out that are Asian forerunners

Vindictus comes to mind with the whole Korean market getting it all first but understanding that they had been running it LONG before NA even started and then EU will be behind NA comes with the territory.

• demonlokidemonloki Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Goggy

Really? When did you find it too much of a grind fest out of curosity?  Was it in the korean stress test where people played for a week and got to level 30? Damn. Thats one horrible grind let me tell ya.

• LocienLocien Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by demonloki

Originally posted by Goggy

Really? When did you find it too much of a grind fest out of curosity?  Was it in the korean stress test where people played for a week and got to level 30? Damn. Thats one horrible grind let me tell ya.

OH SHIT, ONE WEEK TO GET TO LEVEL 30 OUT OF 60... It's so slow it's faster than WoW! (in terms of getting halfway to 85)

I'm betting he didn't even play TERA. I've played TERA and it's got a few crude edges but it sure as hell isn't a grind, but as usual Rift and SW:ToR fanboys are quick to brand any game made outside of the wonderful and glorious America as a soulless grindfest.

Here's what I've got to say to those of you who are eager to try out Rift. I'm currently playing WoW and it's much better than and much more interesting than Rift even though it's been out for 6 years. If you want something new you should wait for TERA or GW2 which are the only two revolutionizing games on the horizon. Enjoy your quest progress based channels, generic public events, extremely boring combat and confusing talent system.

• DEATHWARDEATHWAR Member Posts: 3

seeing as tons of ffxi players looking for new homes and ffvix seems to have failed we all hope that tera for NA stands up to par. most of these online games get more customers word to mouth.

DW