Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will happen when the NDA is lifted

Comments

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Tahah... the proverbial shit will hit the equally proverbial fan. (Shit hitting fans... nice double meaning...)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I voted 'positive' because all the previews (or hands on) so far have been positive.

There will be 2 reponses which i think is getting confused in this thread.

Those who PLAYED the game will say positive (once again, all previews so far have been generally positive)

Those who haven't but made up their minds anyway... well then the usual 'wow clone' 'graphics sux' reaction will come into play.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

NDA ?

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by Blazer6992

NDA ?

It stands for Non-Disclosure Agreement. When testing a game, the company makes you agree to it so you cannot share what you are testing with those outside of the testing group. If you do, you can be criminally prosecuted. All of us posting here are writing from jail.

There Is Always Hope!

NDA ?

Non-Disclosure Agreement. Basically you get to participate in XYZ on the agreement that you won't talk about XYZ until the NDA is no longer enforced (or lifted).

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Originally posted by jpnz

NDA ?

Non-Disclosure Agreement. Basically you get to participate in XYZ on the agreement that you won't talk about XYZ until the NDA is no longer enforced (or lifted).

I like my answer better lol

There Is Always Hope!

• goose1009goose1009 Member Posts: 28

People are going to love to hate, its what they do.  Any game, regardless of how good gets blasted by people that were expecting the next coming of Jesus.  There will be people that hate the combat, or the Voice Acting or the companion system, or space combat.   And they will all be incredibly vocal with their hatred of said system. 

That being said, there will be plenty of neutral reviews, listing the good and bad, but they will be overshadowed by the haters.

Just my opinion, wont let it sway me on wether or not i want to play TOR (i'm an unabashed Bioware fanboy).  So i cant wait!

Originally posted by keithianw

NDA ?

I don't like your answer cause it is wrong!

I ain't in jail! Although I am looking at bars.... >_>

A chocolate bar though. :P

Gdemami -

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I'm hoping it will be positive.   But it's just so hard to tell at this stage.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227

NDA ?

It stands for Non-Disclosure Agreement. When testing a game, the company makes you agree to it so you cannot share what you are testing with those outside of the testing group. If you do, you can be criminally prosecuted. All of us posting here are writing from jail.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that!:)

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

We'll see a lot of negative thread titles in screaming caps on sites like this.

But I think the general user consensus will be relatively positive.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• WertheWerthe Member Posts: 236

NDA ?

But his answer is more correct than yours. You can't be criminally prosecuted for breaking an agreement, because breaking an a agreement isn't a criminal act. The fact that you can be sued at court for something, doesnt mean that you are prosecuted for a crime.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Well this is what will happen when the sheer number of posts breaks the internet.

"its like a million voices all cried out in fanboiism and were suddenly silenced"

More likely that the age old mmorpg.com troll v fanboi will continue just with more concrete info and us SW guys will continue to get warnings while the mod led WOW fanbois get away scott free with flame baiting trolling and generally acting like dicks everywhere on the site but heavens forbid you risk your account saying anything back to them.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

Originally posted by thamighty213

Well this is what will happen when the sheer number of posts breaks the internet.

"its like a million voices all cried out in fanboiism and were suddenly silenced"

More likely that the age old mmorpg.com troll v fanboi will continue just with more concrete info and us SW guys will continue to get warnings while the mod led WOW fanbois get away scott free with flame baiting trolling and generally acting like dicks everywhere on the site but heavens forbid you risk your account saying anything back to them.

Spot on with your comment!!

Asbo

Originally posted by Werthe

NDA ?

But his answer is more correct than yours. You can't be criminally prosecuted for breaking an agreement, because breaking an a agreement isn't a criminal act. The fact that you can be sued at court for something, doesnt mean that you are prosecuted for a crime.

duh! I know that, it was a joke (that is why we are all writing from jail). You couldn't tell that? lol. Finally you are incorrect and need to go back to law school. The laws vary state by state and are linked to the 'loss' tied to the offense. Breaking the NDA depending on the extent of the breach can be tied to Trade Secret Laws. In some states, that is linked to "Under the new federal law, theft of secret information may be criminally prosecuted by the federal government". It depends on the situation, the extent of the crime, who is suing, and what they tie to the loss too. Now do I think that what goes on here is ever criminal, of course not, thus the joke.

There Is Always Hope!

• ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242

Originally posted by Paradoxy

I am not going to lie but this MMORPG.COM we are talking about. i expect lots and lots of negativety. Sadly the complaints won't be any new, just rehash of old 'graphics sux", 'it is a single player MMO', 'stories in MMO suck', 'its a wow clone' and so on.

what he said

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354

Originally posted by JonathanWe

I am not going to lie but this MMORPG.COM we are talking about. i expect lots and lots of negativety. Sadly the complaints won't be any new, just rehash of old 'graphics sux", 'it is a single player MMO', 'stories in MMO suck', 'its a wow clone' and so on.

what he said

Because complaints about a MMO's are never valid or anything remotely close to the truth?  FFXIV is a perfect example of this correct?

People that write off all negative points of view are just as bad as the people that ignore all the positives.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Clocksimus

Originally posted by JonathanWe

what he said

Because complaints about a MMO's are never valid or anything remotely close to the truth?  FFXIV is a perfect example of this correct?

People that write off all negative points of view are just as bad as the people that ignore all the positives.

You are completely right Clocksimus except that most of the complaints about this game, with very little really detailed information out there, are almost all subjective or false  for Instance:

Graphics Sux - art, animation, and graphics are all subjective complaints.  For everyone that dislikes them, at least five have posted that they in fact like them, probably many more than five.

Single Player MMO - Ok, this is just a stupid argument and totally contradicts itself AND is totally false according to several sources outside of BioWare.  The people that complain this need to take a pill and relax.

Stories in MMO's Suck - Completely subjective and I personally disagree.  I'm tired of how lame most MMO's are (IMO) because they have no story of completely violate their own stories.

It's a WoW Clone - So?  If they manage to improve on a game that improved on what it's predicessors did then good.  Besides, MOST MMO's are WoW clones.  Their system works pretty good.  Add full VO, a good multi-branching story line, better art/animations/graphics, and a SciFi genre on top of the WoW system and I feel confident it will still be a WoW clone, without being a WoW clone at the same time.

As for the LEGITIMATE criticisms of this game I have seen, at least according to the recent 6 hour play through several reviewers were given, it seems most of the previous problems have been fixed.  As a matter of fact I read seven different reviews based on that 6 hour play through.  Two were very positive, Four were glowing (one of which admitted to disliking Star Wars and SciFi in general), and one was mostly on the "Meh" side of things.  The funny thing is though that the "Meh" reviewer complained about stuff that the other reviewers ALL liked and thought was working really well.  I can read articles like these, find a common concensus and get a pretty good idea what to expect.  It is the inane posts from people who have admittedly no experience with the game that I ignore.  After all, if you have no plans to play a game after beta testing it would you hesitate to break an NDA and warn people?  I am a pretty law abiding person and under those circumstances I can tell you I would put my opinion out there to try to help people save the money.  We don't see ANY of that interestingly enough.  The only NDA breaks I have seen so far, as a matter of fact, have ALL been very positive.  Take it or leave it, but that speaks volumes to me.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

what will happen?

haters gonna hate

fanbois gonna love

Those who arent either will realize that this is mmorpg.com and not bother listening to either said and will wait to see the game first hand.

But overall, the general feeling has been positive.

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

i'm sure most of it will be positive, but only the "true" fans will be playing right now. Wait till open beta or something for attainable to the public comes out and thats when you'll get the mixed reviews. 

• DrakxiiDrakxii Member Posts: 594

What Clocksimus and DiSpLiFF said.

I really doubt bioware has let any non fanboys in to their beta and good fanboys will ignore any problems the game might have, as they will say it's not a final build, and point out whats good.

Also about those 6 hours previews, personally I anit believe that an MMO is great based on a 6 hour, most likely guided, play of the game.  It's an MMO it needs to last much much longer then 6 hours. 

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

It will be mostly negative.

But there is a point about that.

The people who really enjoy the game will be playing.  They will be telling their friends to play.  They will all enjoy it.

The trolls (Ex SWG, Sandbox themepark people, etc) will scream how it's not the perfect game.   They will say this and that about how bad it is.

Yet the game will do very well.  It will be positve for most of us.  There are people here (you know who you are :P) that will keep spouting off things because they enjoy trolling (Like me!).

Every game has this problem.  But since this is Bioware, EA, and Star Wars, the trolls and fanbois will be out in force.

It will be positive for those that don't already hate the game and not know anything about it.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by thamighty213

That is a load of horse-chit.

This site catered to sandbox/SWG vets for a long time.

Playing a themepark style game ala EQ equated to being some type of WoW fanbot, and we were insulted for not appreciating a world like sim.

The times have changed. Sandbox gameplay is the minority in MMOs, and as a site representing all gaming styles, the foceus here at MMORPG.com is adjusting to such.

As far as the OP....

I doubt the NDA lifting will be the PRECioUs part 2. When SWG NDA lifted, all the broken features hit various sites. It warned folks like me away from the game, as it launched as a smoldering piece of chit. Not only was it buggy as all get out, there was very little meaningful content.

I expect mixed reviews with TOR, but the bottom line will be that the game works, and there is a lot of content.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Your choice of complaints is funny, because that is pretty much what we already know about the game for almost sure.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Originally posted by Ikeda

Dunno about you guys but I've stopped caring about ANYTHING SWTOR.  [...]

I strongly doubt that, you still write into the SWTOR forum here on MMORPG.com ...

P.s.: Ooops didnt read the rest of the posting. Well the first sentence was certainly very counter-intuitive.