Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WAC release pushed back to Q1 2011

KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I guess it's time to announce, that Wizards and Champions isn't going to make it to release in 2010.  After all, that would mean tomorrow, and it's not going to happen :-)

Phase 2 closed beta should be ready 2nd week in January.

Special thanks to everyone in Beta-1.  You did a kick-butt job and the game is much better because of it.  Good job.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

Comments

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Oh, and here's a test vid working in visual-fx.  Nothing out of the ordinary, but getting better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzjc2_qj79U

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Not a problem, never heard of this game, wasn't following it, not likely to. 

But in the off chance, is it bringing anything new to the table or is it just more of the same?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by Kyleran

Not a problem, never heard of this game, wasn't following it, not likely to. 

But in the off chance, is it bringing anything new to the table or is it just more of the same?

It's under the radar for most.  Works well for me because there's less pressure on development.

As far as unique, there are a few things...

• It has an old school design but is done casual friendly.

• All dungeons are public space.  There is no private instancing.

• Grouping is rewarded, group dungeon runs is the preferred method of gaining xp.

• Dungeons are available in solo mode (still  public, just easier with scaled down rewards), group mode, and heroic.

• Holy Trinity and Zerg style grouping are both supported.  Healers are not mandatory, rez is automatic.

• Boss rewards are done via currency.  There is no way to ninja gear and everyone is rewarded on every run.

• Almost all gear is craftable, and enchanted crafted gear rivals the best boss reward gear.

• Quests are (will be) all repeatable and run as a way for soloers to earn gear.  They are not very effective as advancement.

Anything new?  Not really.  Mostly old stuff that has gotten lost in the WoW-clone rat race.