Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need for Speed World goes Pay2Win

I'm not going to type in the lengthy explanation but provide  alink to the original thread posted by myself on the official games forums.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3879271.page

As it stands now players that pay gain access to upgrades that are otherwise unavailable to free players. The game revolves around player vs. player racing or player vs AI pursuits.

Stats, leaderboards, lap times all competative aspects of the game are now diminated by the cash shop, which btw awards parts randomly As explained in my thread. which also explains how you can buy cars well above your level by paying cash, gaining an instant advantage over other players of your level.

As a side note there are also some huge server desynchronization issues which further imbalance gameplay as what you see happening isn't what your opponent see's proven in the video LINKED in this thread usign youtubedoubler to display them simultaneously.

http://bit.ly/998KJI

This is me spreading word to other MMOsites out there in hopes that enough attention is drawn to this issue to force the developers to balance the game for the free players before us paying players have no one left to race against,

P.S. Need for Speed World is developerd by black Box and Published under Electronic Arts.

When in doubt, get more explosives.

Comments

• naraku209naraku209 Member Posts: 226

Saw it coming tbh

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by -=Skyy=-

As it stands now players that pay gain access to upgrades that are otherwise unavailable to free players. The game revolves around player vs. player racing or player vs AI pursuits.

So let me get this straight. You want a free game, free add-ons, free amenaties, free, free, free.  Free? 

I use different products every day.  I work for a living and dont get shit for free.  Whats with this entitlement mentality that is so pervasive in the mmorpg genre that ones gaming should be tied to welfare.

• -=Skyy=--=Skyy=- Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

Originally posted by -=Skyy=-

So let me get this straight. You want a free game, free add-ons, free amenaties, free, free, free.  Free? 

I use different products every day.  I work for a living and dont get shit for free.  Whats with this entitlement mentality that is so pervasive in the mmorpg genre that ones gaming should be tied to welfare.

First let me say read the bloody article first.

Secondly I paid for the starter pack and Iv'e spent $100 USD in the game so far. and that can be confirmed by other players in the game.

Third its not about "free" its about the fact that you can flat our purchase a statistcal advantage over players who choose not to purchase cash shop items. Not only that but those statistical items are far superior to any other items you can aquire normally within the game.

Lastly its a racing gameyanno a competative event. Buying advantage = buying wins = fail game balance. Thusly the death of competition within the game.

Originally posted by Robokapp

I don't know what's so confusing. You can never get too much stuff for free.

You can always get too little stuff for free though. Free stuff is on a "the more the better" policy no matter what the stuff is.

Is this such a difficult concept?

Se my reply to the previous poster, the entire games "content" it free. icluding stat items. in this case car parts. which after running a hundred + race events i saw ONE of! Much of the community is experiencing that as well roughly 100 races to gain 1 part. Couple that with the fact that the parts you win from races (if your lucky) are subpar to the cash paid items your guaranteed to get three of per purchase.

Racing games are all about competition, what happens to game balance and competition when you flat out buy better performance than your opponent can possibly obtain?

money = the best parts = guaranteed wins = boring (for paid players / frustrating(for free players) game.

is that such a difficult concept.

If'd you had read the post in the first link you'd see the exact breakdown and cited references detailing the whole debacle and how its played out previously for other titles that players could Purchase power or were forced to use the cash shop to remain competative...

Well I guess my two trolls that never bothered to read either link in my OP have moved on to trolling elsewhere.

If anyone is trully interested about the state of the game one merely has to check the general forums for the game its an explosion of dissent and feelings of abused trust.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

I bought this game when it came out and they screwed the die hard fans because people wanted it free, now people cry about this.. EA screwed us once , what makes you think there not gonna again...

Ever since it went free I stopped playing it along with the others who paid well most of us, so I hope this game dies as EA does not deserve a die after doing that to there loyal fans...

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

This is the concern for every F2P game with microtransactions. IMbalances prodiuced by any pay item is amplified in a limited gameplay MMO like NFS.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Buying parts that give you a speed and handling advantage would make this more of a simulation than a game. Buh-dump, Cha!

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by Czzarre

This is the concern for every F2P game with microtransactions. IMbalances prodiuced by any pay item is amplified in a limited gameplay MMO like NFS.

my poinst still stands,

The game is based almost entirely on Player vs. player competition.

players who Buy speed Boost to use for parts have a MUCH faster, more direct and guarantee of getting the rarest and best parts. guaranteed to get at least 3 parts per purhase.

players who do not buy speed Boost have an exceedinly small chance to "win" a random part after a race by choosing one of five "reward cards" offered.

Some aprts can be bought using ingame currency but they offer very small benefits are aren't even in the same league of comparison to the purchased card pack parts.

Currently player are reporting running over 100 events and recieving one or two basic parts that don't even come close to comparing to the paid players parts.

The very essence of game imbalance.

The very essence of pay 2 Win.

i suggest people read my thread in the link. and add thier voices to the thread. even if you do not play the game. let developers know we will not tolerate another pay2win title on the market.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Welcome to the F2P genre, where overnight everything can be diminished to leave space for better cash shop items, resulting in more and more costs (supposing you were already aware that there is no F2P game that the free player has no disadvantage compared to the cash player be that grinding for something cash can purchase instantly as in instant gratification or as in this case something free players are completely unable to acquire).

Even if you already spend money there is nothing that prevents them from requiring more and more money from you to remain competitive, and it's not even content, just more artificial stats.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Originally posted by EricDanie

Welcome to the F2P genre, where overnight everything can be diminished to leave space for better cash shop items, resulting in more and more costs (supposing you were already aware that there is no F2P game that the free player has no disadvantage compared to the cash player be that grinding for something cash can purchase instantly as in instant gratification or as in this case something free players are completely unable to acquire).

Even if you already spend money there is nothing that prevents them from requiring more and more money from you to remain competitive, and it's not even content, just more artificial stats.

This is the inherent problem with the F2P model. I'm not sure why so many are blind to the fact.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Originally posted by Cecropia

Originally posted by EricDanie

This is the inherent problem with the F2P model. I'm not sure why so many are blind to the fact.

its really up to the developers to incorporate thier cash shops in non invasive ways. It is also thier job to manage the powerlevel that can be obtained through the cashs hop in thier game. Right now NFSW is selling players top of the line upgrades, that are simply not possible for an average player to get, let alone a free or casual player.

I'de alos like to point out taht for the last month the game is ina  mostly unplayable state resulting in a 2.4gigibyte chat program with cars for avatars.

Multiplayer synchronization is busted so win/loss means nothing atm.

Pursuits are borken so bad it'd take another whole post to explain fully lets just say its pretty bad.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Online games are losing its place or already has years ago when microtransactions took over. Now you buy your way to the top. LOTRO and EQ2 are already like this, and now even FPS games like Call of Duty are going this way.