Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Content light

ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783

Well, sadly at this point I have to say that I and my five friends playing this are going to be letting our subs run out.

The launch was great, the game is stable and playable....there just isn't enough to do. Having only 3 pvp areas and only 9 controllable bases in them is just too small for any real population; it's too hard to operate in the higher tier areas unless you are in one of the big corps and there just isn't enough to do outside of those areas. It's like EVE if there were only 3 null sec systems....

We'll be checking back periodically to see if they have expanded it, but for now it just doesn't offer enough long term to be worth it.

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I know one thing they are adding is landscaping...building up walls around your terminal and such. It's technically in the game now, but there's no user interface the players can access.

I have heard that players will be able to build things (terminals? gun towers? ??) on the landscape, but I have never seen a time line or an estimated time of arrival for that feature. That would be the cool one to look out for.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by ericbelser

Having only 3 pvp areas and only 9 controllable bases in them is just too small for any real population; it's too hard to operate in the higher tier areas unless you are in one of the big corps and there just isn't enough to do outside of those areas. It's like EVE if there were only 3 null sec systems....

Having larger world isn't curing anything, it will just delay the issue.

EVE suffers the same.

• ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783

Originally posted by Gdemami

Having larger world isn't curing anything, it will just delay the issue.

EVE suffers the same.

I'd disagree in part; the larger world doesn't "cure" the problem of boring and limited PvE but it does make it much less a problem. I played EVE in a small corp that had a great deal of fun in PvP simply because the "big boys" cannot be *everyehere* in EVE; yeah you get squished every now and again but the rest of the time you can have fun.

Perpetuum atm is just too small and access to the PvP areas is too easy to camp with relatively small numbers.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

Were you looking for the typical AAA mmorpg launch?

Huge and massive world filled with themepark linear quest line content gaps and chaluk full of bugs?

Or promised game systems that are not even close to being implimented?

A paid "launch" for what really is a beta or alpha?

An expensive box set and over price monthly sub for said alhpa stage?

Completely changing the direction of the game and its systems months into the launch?

If you wanted to follow the crowd, you have looked in the wrong place.  

Originally posted by crunchyblack

Were you looking for the typical AAA mmorpg launch?

I'd work on your reading comprehension if I were you.

Perpetuum is a well done game, it is even a great deal of fun for a while. However, the only path to "advancement" it has is the three beta islands and their 9 controllable outposts. My opinion is simply that results in far too little room for anyone who isn't willing to join one of the dominant corps. It is not a game where you can hide or "sneak" past a portal camp. Any bot or mech capable of doing anything worthwhile in a beta zone is not going to "out run" anything once it is spotted.

..and no I don't mean as a soloist. The game is fairly hard to solo and that is fine, but in a game which maybe tops out at 500 people logged in, there should be a place for corps with 5, 10, 15 members, other than sitting on an Alpha island knowing that even if all 10 of you go to a beta together, you're dead. 

The Alpha (pve, pvp by flagging) islands are a very well done tutorial/starter zone but were clearly not intended to be the "main" portion of the game.

The two things they could do to get me back would be to either add say 6-9 more "beta" style islands off the alphas, preferably with more widely seperated outposts and portals; and add in some randomized missions.

I'd disagree in part;

What part? You basically said the same I was stating...

Originally posted by Gdemami

I'd disagree in part;

What part? You basically said the same I was stating...

Just that to a degree, postponing a problem IS "curing" it for an MMO; It's not like people play them forever anyways..the appearance of new places to go is one of things that gives EVE such longevity even if all you have to do in the "new" place is the same stuff with slightly different faces.

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

Considering to get te very best mech in the game and all extensions it would take over a year of play.....you obviously have not even got near that

• jairusjairus Member UncommonPosts: 175

Originally posted by Warbs

Considering to get te very best mech in the game and all extensions it would take over a year of play.....you obviously have not even got near that

maybe to get all extensions.. but not to get the best mech. people are already using the best mechs for awhile now. but the game is dieing. people are getting bored.. pvp islands are a joke. no one goes there, unless an event is happening. ZZzzzz.

Just that to a degree, postponing a problem IS "curing" it for an MMO;

And:

the larger world doesn't "cure" the problem of boring and limited PvE

It isn't curing anything. Period.

Originally posted by Warbs

Heavy mech, every related extension to lvl 8-9 and fitting without use of e-war takes about 6-8 months of EP.

• EveJunkieEveJunkie Member UncommonPosts: 21

Originally posted by jairus

people are already using the best mechs for awhile now

No one is using the heavy mechs yet. Some are stomping about in standard mechs but they're not the top tier.

• RuinalRuinal Member Posts: 195

And the beta islands see plenty of action. Just don't go without serious backup and expect to survive.

I'm very sure the devs are perfectly aware the game world needs to be a bit bigger and with more content. If you read their posts, you'll know it is in the works.

• maxebornmaxeborn Member Posts: 148

Originally posted by EveJunkie

Originally posted by jairus

people are already using the best mechs for awhile now

No one is using the heavy mechs yet. Some are stomping about in standard mechs but they're not the top tier.

ive bought a Seth 4 days ago and am stomping about  in it  too bad the model is so low rez it looks like quake 2 engine behind it. Also  the game is just as repetitive boring and unpolished in a heavy mech as it is in a light bot. infinite rep grind. i am leaving the gameas of today and no you can't have my stuff