Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can't be without it but ........

FireForkFireFork Member Posts: 64

forget it, your opinion rules but not mine :D have fun.

Comments

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

What an kind of immature anti-perpetuum rant-review was that? Terrible.

• angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 381

It sounds like he is saying the game is fantastic but that it will not survive because the company has no advertising budget to attract customers.

But judging from what I have seen of the companies"offices" their overhead is probably very low.  I doubt that they are in any rush to recoup their investment.  They can afford to be patient and wait for their customer fanbase to grow.  They have CCP as their example and obviously they are willing to copy anything and everything that worked for CCP.

With offline advancement and low monthly fees I think players who like Perpetuum will be willing to wait for the population to grow. 

Considering the total lack of advertising I was delighted to see over 700 people in general chat so soon after launch.  The current game world is rather small and it feels fully populated to me.  I would not want population to expand faster than the devs can add new islands.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Having 'no trial' is fine, most of the companies do not offer any trial at or soon after the launch for good reasons.

The devs certainly do not see their game as you imply, on the contrary they are very humble about their project.

I think it is only good for the game that they have so few people as it seems the devs probably bit off more than they can chew...

The late game changes are a joke - character deletion EP fee, no cargo delete while aggressed, account respecs...

Imo, if the game has to have some reasonable future imo, the devs need to stop 'listening' to players and delivering features on demand and start working on their own game, the way they want their game to be.

That is the biggest issue with the game now and during all beta.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

Originally posted by FireFork

Hi all,

Reporting direct from perpetuum world with 3 accounts active.

A great game with lots of fun but...It will stay at 500 ppl onliner game forever if they don't do something about it now.

And who are willing to pay for a trial ??... bright people/Devs that think their game "WILL RULE THE WORLD" No it will not...

Get ppl in and make them stay!!! How ? it's all about what you do next!!

I asked my son that loves EvE to get over to even have a free acc from me, ill pay and he play.

He told me "No way i gonna play EvE 2 and with 500 ppl online lol" if  my corp will be in therel,

all we can do is shoot our self  in the foot,  the game is doomd,!! I will not even suggest it for them ""

he also sad "give me a call when it reash 5k online, ppl "

And he told me 550 player now, and no advirsing it's complete dead i 6 month " i didn't not heard about perpetumm it until now".

It¨s maybe a great game but who knows without ADVERTISING!!

So were are we, i have 3 acc and feels like a dumb shit that got the wrong horse (again)

Graphics 9

sounds 9

Gameplay  9

Population -1

a waist of time!!

You son is a dumbass (yeah what you get for bringing a childs opinion into a forum)

Its an EvE type system with all the complexities of LOS and terrain.  Its the EvE system with out the ancient and entrenched EvE community.  Its an EvE type game where you have the oppertunity to get in on the ground floor.  Its an EvE type game made by (seriously) like 10 hungarian dudes, it doesnt get more Indy than that.

So if you like EvE, but wish it was more complex,  If you wanted to get into EvE, but the 7 year old community kept you away.  If you liked the time based progression system but just didnt like the whole spaceship scenario.....Perpetuum is a good spot to be.

The population as it is fits the world your in, it doesnt feel dead in any way.  Why do you HAVE to have 5-10k people on your server just to enjoy yourself is the question?

Oh and did your son also tell you the proper meaning of the word  "waist"?

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

Look at this OP

The game was made by 10 people

The game is on a very tight budget

The issues with busy starting areas and mob spawn rates are not great and client stability = Free trial is not a clever option at this point

They already said they are getting everyting stable before they advertise.....they need to get the money first

• KhondorKhondor Member UncommonPosts: 51

The next time you feel the urge to review a game... Let it go.

Hi all,

A great game with lots of fun but...It will stay at 500 ppl onliner game forever if they don't do something about it now.

And who are willing to pay for a trial ??... bright people/Devs that think their game "WILL RULE THE WORLD" No it will not...

I asked my son that loves EvE to get over to even have a free acc from me, ill pay and he play.

He told me "No way i gonna play EvE 2 and with 500 ppl online lol" if  my corp will be in therel,

all we can do is shoot our self  in the foot,  the game is doomd,!! I will not even suggest it for them ""

And he told me 550 player now, and no advirsing it's complete dead i 6 month " i didn't not heard about perpetumm it until now".

So were are we, i have 3 acc and feels like a dumb shit that got the wrong horse (again)

Graphics 9

sounds 9

Gameplay  9

Population -1

a waist of time!!

• maxebornmaxeborn Member Posts: 148

Hi all,

Graphics 9

sounds 9

Gameplay  9

Population -1

a waist of time!!

amazing you got the greaphics to 9, what year is it wherever you live 1997? would fallout 2 be a 10?

I dont see how they are not advertising.  They got their game to be top ranked on a site known for its EvE following, the exact audience this game should target.

THey need to offer more of a trial imo.

• kharlankharlan Member UncommonPosts: 19

considering how cheap it is for 30 days playtime with no box cost

why should they offer a trial altho they do

but it's a paid trial at a very minor cost which in a way is good because the game would get flooded with smack talking retards

if it was a totally free trial

8.95 euros for 30 days and 2.95 euros for a 4 day trial

not gonna break anyones bank i think

and considering how small the dev team is any income is only going to be a good thing

Originally posted by kharlan

but it's a paid trial at a very minor cost which in a way is good because the game would get flooded with smack talking retards

and considering how small the dev team is any income is only going to be a good thing

So you see no value in getting more people to play with a trial?

I would not have paid to try the game, but i got lucky and decided to download this for their free weekend or whatever they did before launch, so at least i knew it was playable and had a general feel of the world ect.  Also i could see the games complexity which was the major reason for deciding to subscribe.

• FireForkFireFork Member Posts: 64

Originally posted by kharlan

• FireForkFireFork Member Posts: 64

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

forget it, your opinion rules but not mine :D have fun.

What? That doesn't make any sense.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions