Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Survivor Guy: Darkfall Edition #2

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,626MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon's Survivor Guy, Adam Tingle, started his latest write up earlier this week by taking a look at Aventurine Studios' sandbox title, Darkfall. Adam continues his adventures in Darkfall Online...or not. You won't want to miss Adam's adventures this week. Be sure to let us know what you think of Survivor Guy: Darkfall Edition #2 by commenting below.

Oh dear readers, it has not been the best of weeks. While I attempt to relay the events of my endurance in the realm of the online, I find it mingling with reality. This will be a different kind of Survivor article; it will be one that shows that one person really is that unlucky and generally crap at life. Endurance is tough virtually, even harder in the physical realm of Earth apparently.

Read more Survivor Guy: Darkfall Edition #2.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• HersaintHersaint Oak, WIPosts: 366Member

hahahahaha Nice article, enjoyed the humor with the reality of cruddy life! Fits perfectly in a darkfall column. I like you find it funny when I;m ganked and lose all my items, gold and resources but with that comes the reluctance of logging in, it might be funny but is it fun? Thanks for the laughs today! hahahahahah

• YilelienYilelien Vacaville, CAPosts: 322Member

Life. Thats pretty much sums up may things to many people. and at times it likes to rear it head and make your life anything but easy.

Good luck with the car, thumb & any other adventures that your life throws at you. But i will have to tell you that there are poeple out there with much worse stories. Me included. So what have I learned from these.

If it doesnt kill you it makes you sronger. Be stronger and GL!

• shakermaker0shakermaker0 SheffieldPosts: 194Member Uncommon

*blush* I foolishly put Deathclaw instead of Deathwing. It was either a mistake or I was being playful with words and undermining a Blizzard dragon with Fallout references, you decide. EDIT: also 6pm, not am. Just read my articles and follow the foot notes to actually understand it : [

• hardiconhardicon jackson, MSPosts: 358Member

heh to answer your question yeah ive had a worse week or i feel it was worse, my wife left me the same day i buried my grandmother after she took all the money out of the bank accounts.  i did enjoy the article though, for all the times we spend on games sometimes we have to remember it is just a hobby for most of us and we need to pay attention to real lfie things.  btw that bit about your brother what are you guys like 4 years old, he cant make his own tea and why do yall live together.  funny article though man good luck.

• youngkgyoungkg dallas, TXPosts: 357Member

"The sad and strange thing was, I wasn't really enjoying my time in Warcraft and its world. It felt too easy"

You'll be back lol.....

Hopefully a bit sharper the next time around lol....

Get well and gl.

• StyijStyij phoenix, AZPosts: 186Member

You may be distracted by other things but the reason you did not log into DF, whether you want to admit it or not, was when you hover over the shortcut with the mouse one thing is clear in your mind...that DF has become as "meh" to you as everyone else. :)

• elf8blisself8bliss LA, CAPosts: 305Member Uncommon

Next time try honey instead of sugar for your tea, you'll have better luck or karma.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious bay area, CAPosts: 1,534Member Uncommon

Translates to, "I found Ginger for revenge and he harrassed me out of the game"?

lol jk

Really looking forward to your next post!

: D

NEWS FLASH! A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore Darkfall Online player and knew just what to do.

• itchmonitchmon west islip, NYPosts: 1,718Member Uncommon

i really really hope things get better for you bro.

such a crappy sounding week.  all you needed was your SO to leave you and it would have fit into a country music song!

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, DFUW

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• SaorlanSaorlan LeedsPosts: 289Member

One of the good things about playing Darkfall is that it kills off any kind of enjoyment in EQ clones like WOW with the crappy auto attack.

It does sound like you may be losing interest in Darkfall as well though. I have it on my PC and have the same "can't be arsed" feeling when I hover over the icon...

• Garvon3Garvon3 Worcester, MAPosts: 2,898Member

Fun article, but why exactly do you keep using screenshots of alpha?

• AmadeuszRexAmadeuszRex NoWarePosts: 31Member

Man up... You sound like a pixel loving WoW carebear...

To get the most out of darkfall you need to be part of a guild that provides you with a greate comunity and things to do...

Darkfall is no fun solo... I would find it hard to login if I was not part of a greate guild.   

200 ore... its not like somone has emptyed you whole bank...  sure you have lost some time investment but the stats you gained from mining you will never loose.

If you were on EU I would help you out...