Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Survivor Guy: Darkfall Edition

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Now that MMORPG.com's Survivor Guy, Adam Tingle, has completed his series on Mortal Online, it is high time to take on another sandbox title, Darkfall Online. Adam continues to regale our readers with his great storytelling as he ventured into the Darkfall world. Check it out and then let us know what you think in the comments below. Enjoy!

Emerging bloody and beaten from my travels in Mortal Online, I am back in the saddle of virtual adventure this time heading for the lands of Darkfall. Primarily this is a game which focuses on PvP but also harkens back to more old-school elements of sandbox and unashamed grind. For those that wish for a tough and brutal challenge, this MMO is talked of in hushed tones – tales of brutality and murder run rife: being a self-proclaimed endurance expert, I decided to check it out and see what all the fuss was about.

Read more Survivor Guy: Darkfall Edition.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• bluebawlesbluebawles Member Posts: 117

This guy's gonna get his ass kicked....soooo much.

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Wrong screenshot, that is Age of Conan lol.

• DevelopmentDevelopment Member Posts: 52

hahah yea Tortage (right? havent played in ages) lol what a screw-up.

• barezzbarezz Member UncommonPosts: 147

Yes it is a nice AoC screenshot :)

And since you misspelled Boba Fett's name, I am rooting for the Ginger Dwarf!

• kazamxkazamx Member CommonPosts: 165

The two most important rules in Darkfall

1/ Bank Often!

2/ Join a Clan

If you follow these 2 simple rules your life will be MUCH easier.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Originally posted by Aramanu2

Wrong screenshot, that is Age of Conan lol.

You guys are so picky. LOL...it was a slip of a typewriter key. It's fixed now. Sheesh. *rolls eyes*

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• mckimminsmckimmins Member UncommonPosts: 51

This is a game I love to follow but will probably never play. I will really enjoy reading this series. Are we getting an updated review at the end of this survivor series too?

• shakermaker0shakermaker0 Member UncommonPosts: 194

Planning on a review after the third edition : )

• faidedfaided Member UncommonPosts: 111

I cant wait to see the article 6 months from now when you actually have a character that can kill G.M. and then that article be nothing more then getting nuke cycled,ray spammed and then facerolled by G.M.

This is the problem with people who dont play PvP MMO's you take it personally that he killed you and now your mission is to kill him?  Join a good guild skill your character up and raid the city his guild controls and take it over.  Thats how you get someone back.  Not by killing him (which is a very long ways away for you) b/c hes only going to drop some low dur weaps, armor, and a small amount of regs.

• faidedfaided Member UncommonPosts: 111

Oh also watch Valroths accelerated character development guides.

• vida.loca.12vida.loca.12 Member Posts: 6
    Following your notorious MO odyssey, your “review” and your epic rating of 6.9 , I trust you understand that for some people in this community your credibility level has dropped to 0.1. That’s 0.1 more that 0.00- like MO is 0.1 less than 7.0. ;)

Sorry man , but I wouldn’t believe a word of what you’re saying even if your name was Jesus…
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Fun read, doubt I'll ever get around to playing Darkfall but I like hearing about it.

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by vida.loca.12

Following your notorious MO odyssey, your “review” and your epic rating of 6.9 , I trust you understand that for some people in this community your credibility level has dropped to 0.1. That’s 0.1 more that 0.00- like MO is 0.1 less than 7.0. ;) Sorry man , but I wouldn’t believe a word of what you’re saying even if your name was Jesus…

Luckely I don't belief in Jesus :]

• elf8blisself8bliss Member UncommonPosts: 304

Originally posted by bluebawles

This guy's gonna get his ass kicked....soooo much.

LOL...totally!

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by vida.loca.12

Following your notorious MO odyssey, your “review” and your epic rating of 6.9 , I trust you understand that for some people in this community your credibility level has dropped to 0.1. That’s 0.1 more that 0.00- like MO is 0.1 less than 7.0. ;) Sorry man , but I wouldn’t believe a word of what you’re saying even if your name was Jesus…

Yeah, I was pretty shocked when he rated it that high.

Oh man, Ginger? Yeah, he's one of the biggest trolls in Darkfall. He's the punch line of every joke.

• worldspin85worldspin85 Member Posts: 187

This game is great its not as harsh as people make it out to be there ways around certain things. I say give this game a try there is no mmo like it !

• Sys7emSys7em Member UncommonPosts: 120

This article really makes me want to come back to Darkfall.

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

Everyone needs a goal.

Remember, if you kill Ginger, you become King of Agon for a day!

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

I just have to say that I've never add any problems with downloading, installing, and patching darkfall. The game has its flaws, but that's not really one of them. Sucks that you have a bandwidth-cap, but you can't blame problems with that on the game since, well, you were downloading games with direct2drive.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Fun read, far more fun than the reality of playing DF.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• worldspin85worldspin85 Member Posts: 187

About time this games gets some attention! people have no idea about this game try the trial

• oscarkool2oscarkool2 Member Posts: 127

Yea you should at least use your Darkfall Publisher link and make some coin with these articles with a link at the end.  And beginning.

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

FAIL again this topic and you placed some very old screenshots also even a greater FAIL:(

Im convinced if you made a topic about WoW you would have placed newest screenshots.

Your whole survival(it seems was more of a copy of what you can find on internet) was carefully wriiten with whines about it then acctually write a real survival story and how you can enjoy this game.

I have again my serious doubs you have played Darkfall.

And why even mention a silly Dwarf thats famous not realy for his ingame action he mostly try kill newbees seem not worth famous status, but his FORUM WHINES AND CRYS are famous he more quit then stay subbed he whine and cry becouse he want solo kill 5 newbees instead 2 and when he get ownes by 5 newbees he come over to forum and nerdrage quit and say Darkfall sucks.

Again this trend of mmorpg.com writers about Darkfall have misrable failed to write down a nice story about a game thats worth more and deservers more then you guys give to this game credit for.

You OP and your colleges before you are not realy FFA full loot fans and that shows:(

Pls stop write this way about Darkfall you hurting it more then this small indie developer derserves.

Darkfall is great game and i can tell you that there are newbees who can tell a story thats way more positive and show how good COMMUNITY can be in helping them then your silly Dwarf loser encounter, and sneaky mention bordedom and grind sad realy sad that you guys dont even try be bit enthusastic about a small game as Darkfall is real shame:(

Have a nice day.

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

if the game wasnt so ugly and a complete grind fest i would actually try it. Looked so promising from the early videos but i couldnt purchase the game at launch and now i have lost interest in it.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• NirwylNirwyl Member Posts: 103

Makes me miss Darkfall, but will never go back. Too much clicking required.