Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game *is* free to play.

FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

So...the graphics are 2d so I definately wouldn't pay for it unless I could try it first and find that I like it. Well, apparently I don't have to :D The game looks fun in my opinion, and according to this website: http://www.tibia.com/mmorpg/free-multiplayer-online-role-playing-game.php it's free 8D

Comments

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Yeah I tried it and it was fun. I don't remember why but I decided not to play it for whatever reason. It seemed like it had a ton of players though, and in the newbie/tutorial area, there were quite a few other people making new characters. Overall I only had good impressions from my few hours with it. 

• DeathreatDeathreat Member UncommonPosts: 143

I have been playing Tibia since 1998 and it was my first MMORPG and I still play it. It has always been one of the best games ever and is the last amazing hardcore MMORPG in existance besides UO. This game is highly underrated and still lives on strong, even in the Private Server community, even over 10 years after launch (1997!).

To be completely honest, it has the most valuble subscription plan compared to any game, which content almost tripled with a subscription and access to so much more including player housing and promotions ( advanced character classes & spells).

In my opinion premium as its called way worth it and needed to be competitive and to truley get a feel for the game. But people have been known to be just as well off going free to play too. But the loss of HP/Mana regain and spells from not being promoted do put a damper on pvp. Not to mention almost all of the high level spells and areas are for premium players, including the boat system ( Fast travel).

The Demon, which is one of the strongest non-boss mosnters in the game, cannot even be found on the main continent ( also known as freebie land as the whole of the area is the only free to access area besides part of the beginner island and some very small islands).

I can go on for a long time about the  amazing things about this game but I will cut it off here, message me if you want some more info or tips man, hope you enjoy this legendary MMO, it sure is worth the time.

[object Window]

WARNING, THIS GAME IS NOT EASY or FORGIVING.

IF YOU DIE, THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES. PLAYER KILLING IN PVP WORLDS IS EXTREMELY COMMON, AS YOU EQUIPMENT CAN AND WILL BE LOOTED. EQUIPMENT LOSS IS RANDOM UNLESS YOU HAVE A RED SKULL. ( Look up pvp to learn that.)

• cdeepalcdeepal Member UncommonPosts: 148

Demons are not the strongest non-boss monsters. Undead Dragons, Juggernauts and Hellhounds are all much stronger. But, all of them including Demons are premium only. The strongest monster in the free area is Warlock, who is very easy and can be killed by even a level 100 with not much effort.