Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servers restarts before midnight?

How will exactly Cataclysm be deployed?

I believe I've heard something about 'play Cataclysm the minute the servers go live 00:01'

Does that suggest server restarts or maybe a short downtime prior to deployment?

Comments

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

The last patch 4.0.3a (or so) was cata deployment, I don't think there will be downtime just at midnight the NPC's etc spawn.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/140486/cataclysm-launch-reminders

Q. If I've already installed World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and upgraded my account, will I need to do anything special at midnight in order to access the new expansion content

A. Once Cataclysm is marked live on all realms, simply exit out to the login screen (the one featuring Deathwing's toothy grin) and log back in. This will provide you full access to the new content -- including the goblin and worgen races and level 80-85 zones.

If you're concerned that you won't know when to re-log, we've got you covered. After Cataclysm is marked live, if you're still logged in and are playing from an upgraded client, you'll be prompted with official in-game messaging that will instruct you to log out and then log back in.

• bronecarbronecar Member Posts: 685

Originally posted by Nadia

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/140486/cataclysm-launch-reminders

Q. If I've already installed World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and upgraded my account, will I need to do anything special at midnight in order to access the new expansion content

A. Once Cataclysm is marked live on all realms, simply exit out to the login screen (the one featuring Deathwing's toothy grin) and log back in. This will provide you full access to the new content -- including the goblin and worgen races and level 80-85 zones.

If you're concerned that you won't know when to re-log, we've got you covered. After Cataclysm is marked live, if you're still logged in and are playing from an upgraded client, you'll be prompted with official in-game messaging that will instruct you to log out and then log back in.

Pure awesomeness, this is exactly what I've been looking for image