Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Lord of the Fail: 2 years between (mini) expansions...

2

Comments

  • Rockgod99Rockgod99 Manhatten, NYPosts: 4,640Member
    Lol I don't care if people hate on the game as long as you actually have a good reason. Bitching about slow content updates when every freaking game is the same way is going to get my attention. Oh and for your information I post on forums on my iPhone while playing Lotro on my PC.

    image

    Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

  • TimukasTimukas TallinnPosts: 693Member

    Originally posted by Rockgod99

    Lol I don't care if people hate on the game as long as you actually have a good reason. Bitching about slow content updates when every freaking game is the same way is going to get my attention. Oh and for your information I post on forums on my iPhone while playing Lotro on my PC.

    Bless technology :)

  • RyukanRyukan Mason, MIPosts: 706Member Uncommon

    I'm looking forward to the Isengard expansion, but two years between expansions is a long wait and hopefully the expansion will have enough content, new features and updates to make it worth the wait. One downer is that they are only upping the level cap by 5, which is pretty silly for a two year wait between expansions.The +5 levels for a full expansion doesn't really go with the progression of things; Moria was a full expansion with +10 levels to the level cap, Mirkwood was a mini-expansion and upped the level cap by +5 levels and yet Isengard is being touted as a full expansion but only offers +5 levels, that's a letdown and I can't help but feel that it will cvome off more like a mini expansion than a full blown expansion, but only time (another year) will tell. I have always felt that LotRO's character development/progression is pretty weak and far to reliant on gear builds. If the +5 levels in Isengar is anything like the +5 levels in Mirkwood than they are going to go by way to fast and feel pretty lackluster. Turbine really needs to change the character leveling/progression/customization; the Trait system is a poor substitute for the feat/class tree systems of WoW, AoC, the upcoming SWTOR and other games or games that have open character systems like Darkfall, Mortal Online, SWG (pre NGE) and Fallen Earth or games with multiclassing like DDO and the upcoming Rift.

    I really like LotRO, don't get me wrong. I have played it since beta and still play it to this day, but the character progression system feels the weakest and most restrictive of most of the MMO's I have played and/or tested...which is a lot. I'm hoping Isengard brings some big changes and updates to LotRO, it needs to.

  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Yahoo, COPosts: 4,990Member

    ^Eh, I don't know.  Seems a developer can't win when it comes to leveling if the game has that concept  because half the people balk at games constantly increasing their levels, and then the other half seem irritated that it doesn't increase enough. I just want a healthy dose of content myself.  Far as the increase in levels go I could take it or leave it long as the abilities that come along with those levels don't throw the game as a whole completely out of whack.

    1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

    2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

    3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

  • torigamitorigami Yuba City, CAPosts: 12Member

    I'd rather LoTRO take a few years and gather the money to make something decent than just pop out some half-assed new content to shut people up.

  • TyrrhonTyrrhon PrahaPosts: 412Member

    Originally posted by torigami

    I'd rather LoTRO take a few years and gather the money to make something decent than just pop out some half-assed new content to shut people up.

    True enough, with the advent of F2P they can take as long as they wish, we can just keep checking back every few months if something happened.

  • BarCrowBarCrow Tampa, FLPosts: 2,212Member

    From all the talk I can assume EQ2 and EQExtended are still in operation...so..have fun playing those since they are apparently chock full of new stuff.  I'll stick with something I like better...LOTRO...a good MMO and a game in which I am always deleting quests because they are too old to grant XP and I need more journal room for the shit-load of other quests that are already in the game. In other words..There is no lack of content in LOTRO. They are always adding stuff here and there in patches...and they just had a mini-expansion a year ago  and a major one a year before that. At any rate..plenty to do for most people despite not having 4 million expansions a year.

  • KertKert Hinton, ABPosts: 69Member

    Originally posted by Rockgod99

    Lol I don't care if people hate on the game as long as you actually have a good reason. Bitching about slow content updates when every freaking game is the same way is going to get my attention. Oh and for your information I post on forums on my iPhone while playing Lotro on my PC.

     

    Where did I hate on the game? I enjoy LotRO, but the fact is MMO companies in general have begun to realize, "hey these morons keep paying a monthly subscription even if we don't add anything new every month! Bonus"

    Is Turbine the only one doing this? Of course not. Still doesn't change the fact that what I stated is true. The whole point of subscriptions was to have content added on a regular basis to continue a games forward progress. LotRO has slowed their content additions significantly. I also don't count festivals with a few cosmetic items, and a new mount, or rehashing old skirmishes and instances as justifying a montly subscription fee. Even at $9.99 a month it's still $120/year, when you consider the initial box cost $50, plus the subscription would have only amounted to $170/year (if you didn't go lifetime), and they added content regularly for the first year and half, there isn't much return on investment currently compared to previous years.

    Don't mistake me for a hater either, I still play and enjoy the game, and so does my wife, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm unimpressed by the current management of the game, and am critical of it. Pretty sure that's my right as a customer.

  • RocketeerRocketeer NachrodtPosts: 1,304Member

    Originally posted by Kert

    Originally posted by Rockgod99

    Lol I don't care if people hate on the game as long as you actually have a good reason. Bitching about slow content updates when every freaking game is the same way is going to get my attention. Oh and for your information I post on forums on my iPhone while playing Lotro on my PC.

     

    Where did I hate on the game? I enjoy LotRO, but the fact is MMO companies in general have begun to realize, "hey these morons keep paying a monthly subscription even if we don't add anything new every month! Bonus"

    Is Turbine the only one doing this? Of course not. Still doesn't change the fact that what I stated is true. The whole point of subscriptions was to have content added on a regular basis to continue a games forward progress. LotRO has slowed their content additions significantly. I also don't count festivals with a few cosmetic items, and a new mount, or rehashing old skirmishes and instances as justifying a montly subscription fee. Even at $9.99 a month it's still $120/year, when you consider the initial box cost $50, plus the subscription would have only amounted to $170/year (if you didn't go lifetime), and they added content regularly for the first year and half, there isn't much return on investment currently compared to previous years.

    Don't mistake me for a hater either, I still play and enjoy the game, and so does my wife, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm unimpressed by the current management of the game, and am critical of it. Pretty sure that's my right as a customer.

    Which is pretty much the whole point i kept arguing pro premium accounts. If you pay a subscription you may or may not get new content, i mean its not exactly uncommon for a developer to leach money earned with one game to produce another or something even more sinister.

    Premium however you pay a one time fee for new content, no new content = no new money. If costume pieces and silly buffs etc where enough to make a game float we wouldn't have turbine selling content packs or P2W in other F2P mmos. The more people who go out and buy content packs the greater the incentive to create new content packs becomes. And of course things like level raises etc, because those make the level speed stuff sell.

  • RobsolfRobsolf Grand Rapids, MIPosts: 4,249Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Kert

    Originally posted by Rockgod99

    Lol I don't care if people hate on the game as long as you actually have a good reason. Bitching about slow content updates when every freaking game is the same way is going to get my attention. Oh and for your information I post on forums on my iPhone while playing Lotro on my PC.

     

    Where did I hate on the game? I enjoy LotRO, but the fact is MMO companies in general have begun to realize, "hey these morons keep paying a monthly subscription even if we don't add anything new every month! Bonus"

    Is Turbine the only one doing this? Of course not. Still doesn't change the fact that what I stated is true. The whole point of subscriptions was to have content added on a regular basis to continue a games forward progress. LotRO has slowed their content additions significantly. I also don't count festivals with a few cosmetic items, and a new mount, or rehashing old skirmishes and instances as justifying a montly subscription fee. Even at $9.99 a month it's still $120/year, when you consider the initial box cost $50, plus the subscription would have only amounted to $170/year (if you didn't go lifetime), and they added content regularly for the first year and half, there isn't much return on investment currently compared to previous years.

    Dude... NO GAME releases new content every month.  And NO game can keep pace for creating content with those that consume it.  Once upon a time they tried doing that, often with negative consequences.  Artificial time limits just get in the way of good content.

    I do remember the early days... the days of the so-called monthly updates.  They always came late, they always came bugged to oblivion, and they were always tiny.

    You can choose to either create content enslaved to the idea that it has to be out every month, or you can design content based on an idea, and determine how long it will take to roll it out.  The best content occurs with the latter philosophy.

    Now, after an MMO releases, you'll sometimes see a new patch every month that includes content.  It's often because it was content(written over the past 4-5 years) intended to go into the game at launch that wasn't ready on time.  Once you've released all that leftover content, content comes at a slower pace.  You don't need to be a lead programmer to figure that out.

    But it looks like you've backpedaled on your stance a bit.  At first you were talking about monthly, now you're talking "regular basis".  Guess what?  LotRO DOES release content on a REGULAR BASIS.  Quarterly, at least.

    As somebody who didn't like the game at launch but love it now, I can tell you, all these "little things" you talk about; the tweaking of old instances, the revamp of the starter areas, bounty quests, Lone Lands redone... the new(er) Old Forest quest hub... ALL these things make a difference, as they brought me to the game, and likely many others.

    Heck, I remember the quest flow of my 2nd alt being alot better than my original toon due to changes they've made.  THOSE THINGS MATTER.

    So, you dismissing that stuff... and the greatly improved inventory interfaces, Horses 2.0, the legendary item revamp, making dozens of old instances scalable... it's at best naive, and at worst dishonest to then compare what's left and say, "old games gave you more".

    LotRO only has 1 peer when it comes to development output, and that's WoW.   Look what's coming up for AoC.  CoX.  Heck, even Eve, which has an expansion coming!  Though I gotta give Eve a pass, since they never charge for expansions and the best content you can have in the framework of their game is player driven.  But still, LotRO is MORE than competitive in content output in the MMO market.

  • wildtalentwildtalent Huntsville, ALPosts: 380Member

    Originally posted by Rockgod99

    The November update is one and it is new content... Task system (what's this? OMG content?). Isenguard in Q1 2011 that's two and it was already announced. Dev post hinting at a monster play revamp after the next expansion that's three, also considering new quest & smirks are the only way to guarentee people will keep using the cash shop and if DDO is any indication you could expect more soon. Also wait for today's announcement it will clarify everything or Atleast be very close to that. So please relax... The f2p model will bring u new shit to do lol.

    this guy is absolutely right.  i've been with turbine's other game since the beginning and  so far, more content has been released for it since its free to play movement in the form of updates, than before the game went f2p.  Judging by the number of updates since Lotro's F2P movement, I'm going to say that over time you will get more content regularly throughout the year than you would get with just one storebought expac that you would have to wait 1-2 years for. 

    image
  • EricDanieEricDanie Rio de JaneiroPosts: 2,238Member

    Originally posted by trancejeremy

    Seriously, this must be a joke.

    Yes, I know they switched over to F2P, but somehow Sony managed to do that with EQ2 and still worked on another full XP due out in Feb 2011.

    I have to admit, I was completely wrong about the F2P switch. I really thought Turbine would be pushing out stuff in the cash shop to buy, be it boosters or a new mount or outfit every months.

    But instead, their strategy (besides selling the stat tomes) is to sell re-cycled content available in the game to the new people for insanely high prices.

    I mean, look at SoA + Moria. It was a little more than a year (like what, 16 months? Maybe a year and a half). It was a full expansion pack and in between we got what 3 areas? (Evendim, Forochel, and Eregion)

    They still have a lot of baiting to do with their weekly discounts before the real masses get out of stuff to do.

    If you're a veteran, then go play something else, they don't seem like they will be doing anything for end game until Isengard. It's pretty much like a P2P in this regard, except that if they take too long to release new content in a P2P game, subscriptions start falling and each one represents a fixed amount of income. They can get their income from the item sales fine, so not as much pressure. You're the one that is going to feel the pressure, especially since stopping your subscription means you don't get the free TP every month, so it's great for them either way, when you get back there will be new stuff for you to spend TP with and you won't be at that average curve they're giving the incentives to bait into spending real money for old content.

    And yeah, I dislike this model they are using too.

  • TyrrhonTyrrhon PrahaPosts: 412Member

    That is what you get when there is no gear in cash shop. It lacks easy way to get lot of money off the few hardcores as new dungeon or even worse new zone is small one time purchase that costs a lot to develop. It is much easier to keep selling the same stuff over and over to newbies (see: tomes are now even lower level to use, when they actually have large impact).

    Actually, if you look at it closely, the offers that are aiming at veterans are borderline selling power (tomes, potions and recently very rare powerful mount) and in creativity and fun they cannot hold candle to how true F2Ps sell power.

    LOTRO F2P lets play veterans for free (and only veterans and total newbies). But it did not bring enough incentives to release content faster. You now have good option to stop paying and still keep in touch.

  • I've been upset since the announcement of FTP - because at that point I knew we weren't getting any major new content for at least another 1-1.5 years.  I do like the fact that they've decided to split new book content out on its own and am eagerly looking forward to however they are planning to resolve the radiance/legendary system (supposed to come early next year).

     

    As long as Isengard is a full expansion it should be worth the wait - MOM was.  Mirkwood was a major disappointment.   It's not just Mirkwood though all of the efforts in the last few years appear very disjointed, like there is no clear direction at Turbine when it comes to LOTRO.  Just look at all the new systems - session play, skirmishes, tasks, reworking of crafting (we're up to like version 3), mount system changes, area revamps (most have been good, but then they stop like halfway), and how many times have legendary items been reworked?  It's not that I mind any of these individual improvements, it's that I don't consider them replacements for book content, and that's what we are missing - we are supposed to be on a journey.

  • RocketeerRocketeer NachrodtPosts: 1,304Member

    We got plenty stuff the last year to now, its just not the stuff you would have wanted. But thats your problem. In all honesty the old way of releasing increasingly more and more powerful raid instances between major expansions(and levelraises) was plain stupid, the epitome of that was reached in WoW pre BC where like only 5% or so managed to set foot in naxxramas. If you release content that only 5% of your players are going to enjoy you better not have wasted more than 5% of your budget doing it ...

    Skirmishes, starter zone revamps, scaling instances etc however reach a big group of your playerbase. It was the smart thing to do, and it does pay off with every newbie that starts the game and likes it so much that he decides to sub and buy the expansions. Sure it sucks for those old folks hanging around at maxlevel since 5 days after mirkwood released, then again Turbine is trying to do it right:

     

    1. Polish the game(Zone revamps, Skirmish system, Shared storage). 

    2. Release a F2P version to breath new life into the game.

    3. Polish it some more(Vault, Wardrobe, Starting zones revamp, scaling instances).

    4. Fix the LI and Radiance crap the raiders have whined about since its inception.

    5. Release new endgame content and a much more fleshed out PvMP system.

     

    That looks like a pretty damn solid plan to me, obviously the execution of that plan takes time and work, but i don't see what Turbine can do about that in the short term. Its not like they make artificial pauses somewhere inbetween, it just takes as long as it takes.

  • zahir123zahir123 Mexico CityPosts: 21Member

    Should try to understand that Turbine doesn't deliver half-content or at least is a company that keeps improving enedwaith is an example, moria, mirkwood, etc. and they have repeatedly said they were going to finish with Mordor and even then they might still improve on overall expansions to make it even better, Isengard for one has mounted combat.

  • EthianEthian Montreal, QCPosts: 1,216Member

    LOTRO for me was a huge fail. The pvp and character models are terrible. I won't play another Turbine MMO because of it...lol. My dream of an epic Middle Earth MMO was crushed. I played for about 1 year, mostly due to leading a great kinship. Packing my bags was the best thing I ever did. Since leaving I tried 3-4 other MMOs and finally found the one I've been hoping for.

     

    Good ridance Turbine :-)

    "I play Tera for the gameplay"

  • RocketeerRocketeer NachrodtPosts: 1,304Member

    Originally posted by Ethian

    LOTRO for me was a huge fail. The pvp and character models are terrible. I won't play another Turbine MMO because of it...lol. My dream of an epic Middle Earth MMO was crushed. I played for about 1 year, mostly due to leading a great kinship. Packing my bags was the best thing I ever did. Since leaving I tried 3-4 other MMOs and finally found the one I've been hoping for.

     

    Good ridance Turbine :-)

    Considering your post i find your signature hilarious :D.

  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,462Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by zahir123

    Should try to understand that Turbine doesn't deliver half-content or at least is a company that keeps improving enedwaith is an example, moria, mirkwood, etc. and they have repeatedly said they were going to finish with Mordor and even then they might still improve on overall expansions to make it even better, Isengard for one has mounted combat.

    I think if one is to look at game companies, Turbine still comes out on top.

    That is not to say that they can be all things to all people. I have yet to see any game company get across the boards "thumbs up".

    For as many people who think CCP is amazing or Blizzard there are also many detractors.

    In the end the game companies can't really please everyone.

    As far as Turbine goes, people have very short memories.

    Turbine received quite a bit of content from the previous developer. If one looks at some of the videos of middle earth online you can see some of the things that were put in the game. I imagine that they had a great amount of content to draw from in order to give players very large updates.

    Of course creating more content that is the same size is going to be difficult going forth. Add to this that the U.S. has been hit by hard economic times and I can only imagine how this had affected them prior to the WB buyout.

    Now they have been purchased, have changed the product over to f2p and have laid out their plans for the next year or so. It might not be what people want but it is what it is.

  • KertKert Hinton, ABPosts: 69Member

    Originally posted by Robsolf

    Dude... NO GAME releases new content every month.  And NO game can keep pace for creating content with those that consume it.  Once upon a time they tried doing that, often with negative consequences.  Artificial time limits just get in the way of good content.

    I do remember the early days... the days of the so-called monthly updates.  They always came late, they always came bugged to oblivion, and they were always tiny.

    You can choose to either create content enslaved to the idea that it has to be out every month, or you can design content based on an idea, and determine how long it will take to roll it out.  The best content occurs with the latter philosophy.

    Now, after an MMO releases, you'll sometimes see a new patch every month that includes content.  It's often because it was content(written over the past 4-5 years) intended to go into the game at launch that wasn't ready on time.  Once you've released all that leftover content, content comes at a slower pace.  You don't need to be a lead programmer to figure that out.

    But it looks like you've backpedaled on your stance a bit.  At first you were talking about monthly, now you're talking "regular basis".  Guess what?  LotRO DOES release content on a REGULAR BASIS.  Quarterly, at least.

    As somebody who didn't like the game at launch but love it now, I can tell you, all these "little things" you talk about; the tweaking of old instances, the revamp of the starter areas, bounty quests, Lone Lands redone... the new(er) Old Forest quest hub... ALL these things make a difference, as they brought me to the game, and likely many others.

    Heck, I remember the quest flow of my 2nd alt being alot better than my original toon due to changes they've made.  THOSE THINGS MATTER.

    So, you dismissing that stuff... and the greatly improved inventory interfaces, Horses 2.0, the legendary item revamp, making dozens of old instances scalable... it's at best naive, and at worst dishonest to then compare what's left and say, "old games gave you more".

    LotRO only has 1 peer when it comes to development output, and that's WoW.   Look what's coming up for AoC.  CoX.  Heck, even Eve, which has an expansion coming!  Though I gotta give Eve a pass, since they never charge for expansions and the best content you can have in the framework of their game is player driven.  But still, LotRO is MORE than competitive in content output in the MMO market.

    I really have no beef with LotRO, my beef was as I stated, that the whole point of subscriptions in general, when the whole genre began was to create a virtual world that the developers would have a steady stream of revenue incoming to continually add more content. Now for LotRO, considering its F2P now, you don't really have to have a subscription to play. I also didn't back pedal anything, I said that subscriptions originally were supposed to be for adding monthly content or at least content on a regular basis. I can understand maybe not going monthly due to time constraints or other plans, but one major content addition in an entire calender year, and revamping, low and mid end content (again), hardly seems to justify $120-150/year for a subscription for some people.

    For those that do subscribe however, I don't find it unreasonable for them to expect that there would be a lot more content created for the customers that have been playing for a couple of years or longer. There are only so many times people are going to level a character from 0-65 through the same content before they get tired of it. Tweaking existing content is not "new" either, it was already pre-existing. The aim at the low end may bring back, or draw in new players but eventually those people end up in the same place, wondering where the high level new stuff is.

    The quarterly content you are trumpeting is the festivals, guess what? They've been doing those for years, it's not new. The only actual new anything is Enedwaith, a lvl 65 zone with a ridiculous rep grind. The Legendary Item revamp? They're still working on it, it's not done. How do you add that as new content? As the title suggests it's a revamp anyway.

    If you consider re-hashing existing content over and over again, new, then enjoy, because that's all you'll be getting this year.

    They're slowly coming out of this shell they went into, and we are looking at new content. Next Year.

    If LotRO was a magazine subscription, you wouldn't be getting a monthly publication, you'd be getting a bi-annual magazine where 80% of the articles are re-hashed from a previous volume, with some new photo's added. For some people thats ok, for others... it's not.

    I'm also going to reiterate... I enjoy playing LotRO, but it still doesn't change my opinion that their F2P focus, and their focus on revamping previously released content, has left the "new" content department pretty bare.

  • RocketeerRocketeer NachrodtPosts: 1,304Member

    Doh. So if your unhappy with what you have as a subscriber ... how about unsubscribing? If your a old player you still will have access to all of moria and mirkwood, so you can do all the raids etc without paying a subscription. Once they get new content you resubscribe, and presto you got good value for your money.

  • darkboazdarkboaz liverpool, NYPosts: 149Member

    Funniest thing I have seen in this thread was that they “fixed LI and radiance crap the raiders have whined about… Released new endgame content…” first part of the post was spot on but the last pure comic gold.


     


    First, raiders had no issue with the radiance gating it was the casuals who fancied them selves’ raiders that had the issues. They did not want to have to grind previous content to be able to do current high-end content and there wish was granted. Now you can have some really good gear on par with top raid gear that is from cake walk 3 man instances where people have been known to cycle allts threw to pick up free marks that makes the old exploits on first ages from the turtle to look like they where earned.


     


    The only significant change to LI is that they drop more often and can now be purchased with marks in vary little way fixes the conundrum that is spinning the wheel on creating crappie items. Perhaps it that we can now grind away on marks to buy your way to better tears on that LI that could be seen as a fix. At best LI had a bandage tossed at them but are not fixed. That players will destroy hundreds of them and then out grow them means that the only thing legendary about them is the headache involved in playing needle in the hay stack to find a good one.


     


    New endgame content really, did I blink and miss it? Well killing the LT hard mode has become so passé that it is being done with a single group I guess that might count. We where given revamped old content that is scalable to higher levels but that’s not really new high-end or endgame content.


     


    Don’t get me wrong I am still playing the game but lets not pretend that the OP is wrong when they are correct. Lets also not over look that they have no vested interest in keeping people like me happy since they got my money along time ago and they make more from there micro transactions then they do from  substantially advancing the story.

  • RocketeerRocketeer NachrodtPosts: 1,304Member

    Originally posted by darkboaz


    Funniest thing I have seen in this thread was that they “fixed LI and radiance crap the raiders have whined about… Released new endgame content…” first part of the post was spot on but the last pure comic gold.


     


    First, raiders had no issue with the radiance gating it was the casuals who fancied them selves’ raiders that had the issues. They did not want to have to grind previous content to be able to do current high-end content and there wish was granted. Now you can have some really good gear on par with top raid gear that is from cake walk 3 man instances where people have been known to cycle allts threw to pick up free marks that makes the old exploits on first ages from the turtle to look like they where earned.


     


    The only significant change to LI is that they drop more often and can now be purchased with marks in vary little way fixes the conundrum that is spinning the wheel on creating crappie items. Perhaps it that we can now grind away on marks to buy your way to better tears on that LI that could be seen as a fix. At best LI had a bandage tossed at them but are not fixed. That players will destroy hundreds of them and then out grow them means that the only thing legendary about them is the headache involved in playing needle in the hay stack to find a good one.


     


    New endgame content really, did I blink and miss it? Well killing the LT hard mode has become so passé that it is being done with a single group I guess that might count. We where given revamped old content that is scalable to higher levels but that’s not really new high-end or endgame content.


     


    Don’t get me wrong I am still playing the game but lets not pretend that the OP is wrong when they are correct. Lets also not over look that they have no vested interest in keeping people like me happy since they got my money along time ago and they make more from there micro transactions then they do from  substantially advancing the story.

    I thought it was amply clear that what i was posting about was "the plan", and not the current status. In other words we are still in the middle of that plan as it spans a timeline of about 1-2 years and we just got the F2P part behind us.

     

    Edit: Strange enough that all that the news of Radiance going the way of the dodo was met with such a enthusiastic reaction considering the raiders where so happy with it. And before you mention them being all casuals, i saw several members of successful raiding kins just on the first 2 pages. And there wasn't a single "raider" speaking against it, only some concerned about having no gating at all which won't come to pass.

  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,462Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by Rocketeer

     

    Edit: Strange enough that all that the news of Radiance going the way of the dodo was met with such a enthusiastic reaction considering the raiders where so happy with it. And before you mention them being all casuals, i saw several members of successful raiding kins just on the first 2 pages. And there wasn't a single "raider" speaking against it, only some concerned about having no gating at all which won't come to pass.

    I just think having "special" gear in order to do anything in a game is silly.

    "oh wait, I can't pvp because I don't have a particular type of gear", "oh wait, I'd love to tank for your raid but i need one more piece of x gear".

    In other games it used to be fun to log in and expect a regular evening of play only to get a pm asking "hey, can you join us for a raid?"

    As opposed to having to make sure I meet some height requirement just to go.

  • RyukanRyukan Mason, MIPosts: 706Member Uncommon

    When I heard that it was another year until Isengard and the fact that the lvl cap was only going up by 5, I was disappointed to say the least. I have been playing this game since the beta, but I just don't have the love for it anymore. Lately it just feels mechanical and devoid of adventure anymore, I'll be moving to Rift...the only reason I won't uninstall LotRO for good is because it is f2p.

2
Sign In or Register to comment.