Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Sith Not-So Pureblood

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In his latest Star Wars: The Old Republic column, MMORPG.com Community Manager Michael Bitton takes a look at the Sith Pureblood playable race. Mike delves into Sith history to determine why it is that the race despises the Jedi so much and whether or not a 'pureblood' is precisely that. Check it out and then join the discussion below.

Last week’s Friday Update consisted of a simple update to the official Star Wars: The Old Republic website’s Inhabitants section. The update was understandably slim given the Thanksgiving holiday and subsequent madness of Black Friday, however, one of the new entries to the Inhabitants section got me thinking a little bit: the Sith Pureblood.

Read more SWTOR: Sith Not-So Pureblood.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• vickter420vickter420 Member UncommonPosts: 37

Most of us know that the Sith hate the Jedi, and if it wasn’t clear then Darth Maul’s “At last we will have revenge” lines from Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace and subsequent cold-blooded murder of Qui-Gon Jinn would make it pretty crystal clear.

IMO (this is my star wars nerd in me) I didnt feel Darth Maul was killing in cold blood they were fighting light side vs dark side a war that has gone on for ages and he lost I dont feel at all it was cold blooded murder maybe if he'd of killed him in his sleep.

Anways back to the point: Nevermind what class you want to play for gameplay reasons, what class do you feel presents the most potential for a great storyline? Share your thoughts in the comments below! Chiss race for sure with the sith "pureblood" in second as we have always wondered what these species were like since they have always been obscure and not a lot of information released on them.

• vickter420vickter420 Member UncommonPosts: 37

Oh yah and to add to the darth maul fight it was 2v1! lol

• MinasMinas Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by vickter420

Oh yah and to add to the darth maul fight it was 2v1! lol

Well technically it was 2 vs 2 lightsabers, albeit Darth Maul just combined his with cellar tape.

• qubattlequbattle Member Posts: 6

From the screen shots it looks like anyone can be a pureblood race in any sith class but I would think from what it said in the storyline of the SWTOR website that sith pureblood should be some sort of rare race or premium race. I think it would go aganist the storyline of the race to have thousands of players being sith pureblood when it is a rare case. Unless there is a sith pureblood only quest to explain why you see many sithpureblood.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789

And the Jedi Master lost but his padiwan won the fight which was started by the Sith.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• ishistishist Member UncommonPosts: 213

I'm still a bit upset that apparently the Sith Pureblood will not be able to be an Inquisitor.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Originally posted by qubattle

From the screen shots it looks like anyone can be a pureblood race in any sith class but I would think from what it said in the storyline of the SWTOR website that sith pureblood should be some sort of rare race or premium race. I think it would go aganist the storyline of the race to have thousands of players being sith pureblood when it is a rare case. Unless there is a sith pureblood only quest to explain why you see many sithpureblood.

[object Window]

Thousands of player Sith Purebloods, but untold millions fighting in the war. When viewed from that perspective, a couple thousand is not much at all.

This IS Star Wars. The scale is huge. I do get what you[object Window]re saying, though.

• MKOtoriMKOtori Member Posts: 2

i don't care what anyone says Darth Maul didn't start anything he was just sitting there meditating and looking awsome when the jedi and naboo security barged in and the jedi decided to attack him. you can tell by the sweet look in his eye  that he is a total pacifist.

• KyBoKyBo Member UncommonPosts: 140

LMAO.   Hey, it seems like I've seen something similar to this sith pureblood before...

Where was it?   Where wa... OH YEAH!  I REMEMBER....

I wonder, when this sith kills someone in combat, if he screams, "OOH, WHHHAT A RUSH!!!TeeHee.  Anyway, good article.

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by Comnitus

Originally posted by qubattle

[object Window]

Thousands of player Sith Purebloods, but untold millions fighting in the war. When viewed from that perspective, a couple thousand is not much at all.

This IS Star Wars. The scale is huge. I do get what you[object Window]re saying, though.

I agree. WIth that scale until the game has 10 million users, it'll probably seem rare in comparison.

• mbygonsmbygons Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by KyBo

LMAO.   Hey, it seems like I've seen something similar to this sith pureblood before...

I wonder, when this sith kills someone in combat, if he screams, "OOH, WHHHAT A RUSH!!!TeeHee.  Anyway, good article.

This made me laugh....... a lot!

• JamionJamion Member UncommonPosts: 59

I don't understand why they didn't skip Sith Trueblood as playable, instead just add Zeltrons as a race.  This seems to me it would have been easier, more versatile, and honestly a lot more fun.  I know some people want to play "Sith" as Sith-ly as they can be.  But common! Zeltrons are freaking awesome, and now if they get added everyone is going to be calling them Sith...

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495

I'll have to agree with Vickter -- I don't see the killing of Qui-Gon as cold-blooded. If anything, it would have been hot-blooded... because that's the dark side of the Force way!  It's the light side that would be killing cold-blooded.  So in essence, Obi-Wan's killing of Darth Maul is actually the cold-blooded killing.  Am I insane in thinking that? (not saying that there's anything wrong with Obi-Wan's actions just that it would be dispassionate... IMO)

• MKOtoriMKOtori Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Samhael

I'll have to agree with Vickter -- I don't see the killing of Qui-Gon as cold-blooded. If anything, it would have been hot-blooded... because that's the dark side of the Force way!  It's the light side that would be killing cold-blooded.  So in essence, Obi-Wan's killing of Darth Maul is actually the cold-blooded killing.  Am I insane in thinking that? (not saying that there's anything wrong with Obi-Wan's actions just that it would be dispassionate... IMO)

the only reason i would disagree with that is because i feel that seeing the death of his long time friend and master allowed Obi-wan to summon the strength to defeat Maul. as soon as Qui-Gon was defeated i think it became all to personal for Obi-Wan.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495

Originally posted by MKOtori

Originally posted by Samhael

the only reason i would disagree with that is because i feel that seeing the death of his long time friend and master allowed Obi-wan to summon the strength to defeat Maul. as soon as Qui-Gon was defeated i think it became all to personal for Obi-Wan.

So you're saying Obi-Wan temporarily gave in to the dark side.  I knew he always had it in him!  ;)

• UrpoUrpo Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by KyBo

ROLF. They look a alot alike!