Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Full loot PVP?

tachgbtachgb SheffieldPosts: 791Member Uncommon

Heya,

I enjoyed EVE/Darkfall, especially the full loot PVP, but I simply don't have the will to play either games these days. Also, could anyone fill me in what corp vs corp play entails? What are you fighting over, is the PVP there for a purpose? I see some of the game features mentions an economy, manufactoring and harvesting materials, are these well developed features that fuel corp wars?

Cheers !

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member Common

Corporations can build terminals and control areas on the Beta islands. I do not know if the areas are protected once you control them or if other corps can just walk in and harass you. For all I know, you may just have a single terminal and not really control the land around it.

Terraforming is coming in the future. It's not available yet. It's built into the game engine but not enabled.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• angus858angus858 Mechanicsburg, PAPosts: 367Member Uncommon

The pvp is much like EVE.  The best resources are found on the "beta islands" which are open pvp.  Corps will form alliances and fight to control those islands.  Right now nobody is very organized and it is a bit like the Wild West out there but I'm sure the alliances will form soon.

When you are killed you lose your robot and all of its equipment.  Some (I've heard half but can't confirm that) of your equipment is left behind in a can which can be looted by the person who killed you.

The answer to your last question is "yes".

• BigCountryBigCountry Charlotte, NCPosts: 478Member

Outside of "high sec" you can pvp anywhere. no rules. no flags. when you die you lose everything and most of it is lootable (stays on your corpse until open and retrieved). Similar to EvE minus all the crim flag/status stipulations.

Inside "high sec":

in these 3 zones (starting areas), you set a personal "pvp flag" to "on". at this point anyone can attack you, but you can only attack somone who attacks you (PotBC model). it's a crim flag model here etc. Whats cool though, is anyone in your group can attack that person also...so you can bring a full group of 10 "pvp flagged" robots into "high sec", sit there and wait for someone to attack any member of the group. this usually starts WWIII.......lol

EvE does not have "high sec" PvP, at least not like this. You have to suicide/exploit it.

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• GdemamiGdemami Posts: 9,900Member Rare

Originally posted by lizardbones
    Corporations can build terminals

Corporations cannot build terminals nor any structures at all.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member Common

Originally posted by Gdemami
    Originally posted by lizardbones
    Corporations can build terminals

Corporations cannot build terminals nor any structures at all.

My bad. They take outposts, not make outposts.
    http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Help:Territorial_warfare

Landscaping is a future feature, yet to come.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• GdemamiGdemami Posts: 9,900Member Rare

Originally posted by BigCountry
    when you die you lose everything and most of it is lootable

Player loot has 50% drop chance.

• tachgbtachgb SheffieldPosts: 791Member Uncommon

Hmm, so PVP is very basic so far. And this Territorial warfare sounds a little dull too, you can't assault structures and outposts, your corp has to win their right to use them, a tad disapointing when you have to 'register' for territory warfare. I was hoping for a more dynamic PVP experience, maybe that's planned for the future?

• neorandomneorandom bev hills, CAPosts: 1,681Member

Originally posted by tachgb

Heya,
    I enjoyed EVE/Darkfall, especially the full loot PVP, but I simply don't have the will to play either games these days. Also, could anyone fill me in what corp vs corp play entails? What are you fighting over, is the PVP there for a purpose? I see some of the game features mentions an economy, manufactoring and harvesting materials, are these well developed features that fuel corp wars?

Cheers !

eve was full loss pvp, only partial loot

darkfall was full loot

PO is full loss partial loot like eve

when you kill someone in eve/po most of their stuff blows up, you only get a tiny fraction as loot.

• endersadvocendersadvoc lakeland, FLPosts: 31Member

Originally posted by tachgb

Hmm, so PVP is very basic so far. And this Territorial warfare sounds a little dull too, you can[object Window]t assault structures and outposts, your corp has to win their right to use them, a tad disapointing when you have to [object Window]register[object Window] for territory warfare. I was hoping for a more dynamic PVP experience, maybe that[object Window]s planned for the future?

[object Window]

The outpost system that is in place right now is very similar to how castle sieges work in L2 if that gives you any help in understanding it.

• BoosthungryBoosthungry red bank, NJPosts: 137Member

Corp based PvP is very entertaining.  Specially if you like to get into the diplomatic aspect of it.  For example an unamed outpost was recently taken and another unnamed corp had shown up to the event just to make sure another unnamed corp wasn't going to show up and take the unnamed outpost even tho this unnamed corp doesn't get along with the unnamed corp taking the unnamed outpost in the first place.

Diplomacy and Corp based PvP will be just as big as Alliance Warfare in Eve's 0.0.  Currently the corps can only fight over NPC Outposts and then control them.  I don't know why people are so definently saying you can't build structures because everything I've heard says that you will most definently be able to build "elaborate structures" in the future. 

And you asked about the market and industrial side of the game, which is huge.  Very little is actually seeded on the market.  And even the sell orders labled "infinite amount" are very expensive so you can still make money undercutting the npc seeds of items.  And on top of that most the bots you can buy are not seeded at all anywhere so they are depending on the community to collectivly seed the entire market both on the Beta and Alpha Islands.  Medium weapons aren't even on the market yet.  The actual system they have setup sounds very immersive and entertaining but I myself am a PvPer and havn't invested any skills into it so I don't know from person experience.