Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PayPal ONLY means the company is financially unstable.

UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

Nothing says it better than a PayPal only game. In all due respect to the Indie Devs for this game....

If you want me to take your game seriously and risk money trying it, then accept credit and debit cards!

Otherwise, since this game was unheard of until recently, with no reviews or previews by PC Gamer, GameSpot, etc, my fear is that it will be like 95% of the other games on this website...that being trash.

Comments

• DromedarrDromedarr Member Posts: 76

what's bad about paypal? I'd love to pay via paypal rather then fill my credit card info everywhere.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Jeez dude, relax.  PayPal ONLY doesn't mean the company is financially unstable. It just means you are pissed off that you can't/won't buy game time with PayPal.  Besides, I read somewhere that they are in the process of setting up payments via credit cards. They are an Eastern European indie dev team. Have some patience.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• xSagaixSagai Member CommonPosts: 94

Originally posted by Dromedarr

what's bad about paypal? I'd love to pay via paypal rather then fill my credit card info everywhere.

QFT

And yes, they recently announced there are other options incoming soon.

• Paypal is the best form of payment. They don't have to pay fee's for each credit card used

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Paypal allows smaller companies to accept credit and debit cards without the hassle of dealing with 4568879243233459 different card companies. Sure Paypal takes a cut, but in the long run, it's likely cheaper for the company.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882

So the company is so financially unstable, that you can't take the risk and give them 10 dollar fee and buy 1 month subscription?

I'd say the company must be financially quite stable considering they aren't trying to get quick cash by selling clients/boxes.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Paypal allows smaller companies to accept credit and debit cards without the hassle of dealing with 4568879243233459 different card companies. Sure Paypal takes a cut, but in the long run, it's likely cheaper for the company.

I was going to say something similiar.

Credit Card companies charge a cerrtain amount for each transaction. For a company that is relying on that revenue, that could be more than a cut than they would like.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Originally posted by NetBlaise

Paypal is the best form of payment. They don't have to pay fee's for each credit card used

This!  I love to use Paypal! 

Codemasters does it too with LOTRO here in Europe. And I like it.

It means I can keep my creditcard info on one place alone. Which is PayPal.

The OP has absolutely no clue whatsoever what kind of responsibility and costs there is involved into setting up direct Credit Card payments.

PayPal is cheap and easy for them. And most important. It's secure. PayPal handles everything! They don't have to worry about all the responsibilities about securing user credit card info in their own database and protecting it against hackers and criminals. And all the other headaches that comes with it.

There is no difference into creating a PayPal account and putting your creditcard info there. Or having to fill in all the creditcard info in their account system. With all the risks that comes with it.

So I really do not see the problem.

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Honestly it does suck that they are not letting you use ATM/Debit but i'am sure that they are working on it..

I really love experienceing MMO's at launch tho and feel like i'am missing out now because i can't use paypal to register.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Boy, are YOU gonna not like shopping in 20 years.

• SkillzerooSkillzeroo Member Posts: 96

You do realize that paypal accepts credit / debit cards without making an account, right?

There is literally no argument against Paypal. You also realize that blizzard themselves accepts paypal. As does EVE. As does MANY other sucessful MMOs. You're an idiot for saying that paypal means an unsuccessful developer.

Honestly EVERYTHING online I pay with I prefer to pay with my Paypal. Its just easy.. My tf2 server I pay with, my donations for the server go to my paypal. My MMO payments come from paypal. When I sell computer parts? That money goes to paypal! It offers superior buyer protection compared to credit / debit, it offers an easily visible balance, it offers great buyer protection, and it offers the multiple forms of payment (Donations, goods, gifts, etc)

In fact I'd even go as far as to say that games that do not support paypal and only accept credit / debit can be seen as unsuccessful.... AOC Doesn't accept paypal for example.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by NetBlaise

Paypal is the best form of payment. They don't have to pay fee's for each credit card used

No, but they do have to pay a fee per every transaction. For smaller companies it is cheaper to use paypal, but for larger companies CC is cheaper to accept when the volume gets large enough.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

I would much rather use paypal (and often do if it is an option) rather then giving an indie developer my cc info. 

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Is it possible this is a temporary option until they can get stabalized? I mean the game is rather new..

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Originally posted by Miles-Prower

Is it possible this is a temporary option until they can get stabalized? I mean the game is rather new..

Its surely possible but (as I said above) there are quite a large number of companies that have relatively sucessful games that accept paypal. WoW, EVE, Global Agenda for example.

And, once again as I said above, paypal=/=unsuccessful dev

• DKKOberonDKKOberon Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

Honestly it does suck that they are not letting you use ATM/Debit but i'am sure that they are working on it..

I really love experienceing MMO's at launch tho and feel like i'am missing out now because i can't use paypal to register.

And why not? You can still use paypal even if you don't have a paypal account. You just have to use your CC with paypal instead of the game company.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Originally posted by Skillzeroo

Its surely possible but (as I said above) there are quite a large number of companies that have relatively sucessful games that accept paypal. WoW, EVE, Global Agenda for example.

I never said Paypal was unsuccessful. In fact, I agree with you. I'm just saying that perhaps people who are claiming it isn't successful because of Paypal haven't thought that it's new.

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Originally posted by Skillzeroo

I never said Paypal was unsuccessful. In fact, I agree with you. I'm just saying that perhaps people who are claiming it isn't successful because of Paypal haven't thought that it's new.

I understand that, and I was trying to say that just because they're using paypal doesn't mean its because they are new.. They could be using it because its a stable form of payment that has worked for other major MMOs.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

They are developers, currently looking for a publisher. The publisher would take care of the billing aspects, while Avatar Creations took care of the development aspects. It would be easier to turn over a PayPal backed payment solution than spending the time building a more "standard" solution which they'd have to scrap once a publisher started taking over the billing services.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

i only use paypal when i buy stuff online.....

• BoyCBoyC Member UncommonPosts: 89

Originally posted by UnleadedRev

Nothing says it better than a PayPal only game. In all due respect to the Indie Devs for this game....

If you want me to take your game seriously and risk money trying it, then accept credit and debit cards!

Otherwise, since this game was unheard of until recently, with no reviews or previews by PC Gamer, GameSpot, etc, my fear is that it will be like 95% of the other games on this website...that being trash.

We're working on it but it takes more time to get all the paperwork through than you might think, whereas paypal took all of an afternoon to set up. More payment options will be added as we get through these processes.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Glad to hear that more payment options are on the way, Paypal only was one reason why I haven't signed up yet and its removal will pave they way to me giving it a go.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

I don't understand why people have an issue with paypal.  I've been using it for years and never had an issue.  It has saved me money from time to time though. 

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• BoyCBoyC Member UncommonPosts: 89

Originally posted by Kyleran

Glad to hear that more payment options are on the way, Paypal only was one reason why I haven't signed up yet and its removal will pave they way to me giving it a go.

Removing a payment option would be just silly. We're working on adding as many payment options as possible, paypal included.

• InkpuppetInkpuppet Member Posts: 38

Sounds to me the company is actually being smart with the PayPal decision.  Just because you call a cat a dog doesn't mean it will woof ya know.