Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hot News: From now on you can play World of Warcraft on your I-pad

Quote:

"Ahhhh ... An evening curled up on the couch in front of a roaring fire, a glass of wine in one hand and World of Warcraft on the iPad at your fingertips"

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/11/24/15-minutes-of-fame-players-bring-touchscreen-wow-to-the-ipad/#continued

Players made the application.

Not bad from those 4 year olds ...

Comments

• SpasticolonSpasticolon Member Posts: 178

Just what WoW needs, iProduct people begging for it to be made even easier.

• ArnstrongArnstrong Member Posts: 281

Just to avoid confusion, your I-pad has to have a wireless connection to your computer.

It's a remote screen controller.

Could it run over G3 -WAN though ?

Edit: perhaps it is better to buy a $500 portable...

• WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

Ipad = Gameboy?

• JhughesyJhughesy Member Posts: 419

Originally posted by Arnstrong

Quote:

"Ahhhh ... An evening curled up on the couch in front of a roaring fire, a glass of wine in one hand and World of Warcraft on the iPad at your fingertips"

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/11/24/15-minutes-of-fame-players-bring-touchscreen-wow-to-the-ipad/#continued

Glass of wine in one hand while using an iPad? hehe. You obviously never tried using one...

Touch is pretty awful for games.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Awww.. the most overhyped MMO now on the most overhyped electronics device.  I suppose it's a match made in a marketing department's idea of heaven.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

its way to early for a april fools joke. but i find it funny

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Just to clairfy, he's playing it on his iPad but it's not actually *running* on his iPad.  He's using a remote desktop application to access his PC from his iPad.  It's still running on his PC.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by Arnstrong

Quote:

Players made the application.

Not bad from those 4 year olds ...

Yay I remember some day someone said: WoW works even on a calculator... nice it's almost true now. :)

• MertzaSkertzMertzaSkertz Member UncommonPosts: 161

Wow people are retarded. This is not impressive at all. If you all don't understand what remote is then let me explain. The iPad is sharing the screen of your computer, but all the processing is on the computer. I ran WoW on my iphone this way when it just came out. You cannot just take this anywhere. If have to be connected to the same wifi device as your computer. If you have to be so close to your computer, might as well use your computer...

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

I wouldn't say it's not impressive, to my mind it's one of the better applications for an ipad. I'm getting one as a portable terminal for this reason.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

how does that work then? One hand moving, one hand on the wine, what casts the abilities? Do you play finger twister or something? :D

Anyway this is probably good news if no decent mmo is yet on the ipad.

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by Spasticolon

Just what WoW needs, iProduct people begging for it to be made even easier.

WoW has been the easiest MMO on the market since it released. Making it easier shouldn't even matter... anyone playing WoW for its difficulty should rethink things.