Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FREE TIME! 1 week only!

TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Just posted:

Welcome Back!

• Those of you back for free for the long holiday weekend, welcome! We hope you're having fun reconnecting with old friends and checking out all of the great new content including the Witches of Dathomir Prologue, Galactic Civil War Leaderboards, Fishing Leaderboards, the new rare loot system and much more. If you've been gone a while be sure and check out the Galactic Civil War invasions and scoring system, and the new loot for the Heroics. Also, browse the commodities market to purchase some cool loot and collections given out during The Empire Strikes Back 30th Anniversary and the Star Wars Galaxies 7th Anniversary celebrations!

• Be sure and use the new rewards - the decorative Fedora and Whip - to decorate your in-game house. If you convert your account to paying and join us after November 30th you'll be able to WEAR these mysterious archaeological items.

• Enjoy your time adventuring in the galaxy! We're glad to see you back.

I think they will start to go active later today but the event officially starts tomorrow after the restart and will run for 1 week only.

Link.

edit:

Stay past 30 days (sub) and you get to wear THIS iconic outfit!!!

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by TUX426

Just posted:

Welcome Back!

• Those of you back for free for the long holiday weekend, welcome! We hope you're having fun reconnecting with old friends and checking out all of the great new content including the Witches of Dathomir Prologue, Galactic Civil War Leaderboards, Fishing Leaderboards, the new rare loot system and much more. If you've been gone a while be sure and check out the Galactic Civil War invasions and scoring system, and the new loot for the Heroics. Also, browse the commodities market to purchase some cool loot and collections given out during The Empire Strikes Back 30th Anniversary and the Star Wars Galaxies 7th Anniversary celebrations!

• Be sure and use the new rewards - the decorative Fedora and Whip - to decorate your in-game house. If you convert your account to paying and join us after November 30th you'll be able to WEAR these mysterious archaeological items.

• Enjoy your time adventuring in the galaxy! We're glad to see you back.

I think they will start to go active later today but the event officially starts tomorrow after the restart and will run for 1 week only.

Link.

You know I like Indy movies and all but wtf is this crap?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Malickie

I updated the info for you ;)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Yeah I see that, lol WTH are they thinking?

Edit: Whats next a quest to find the Holy Grail in a Star Wars game?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• tman5tman5 Member Posts: 604

Yeah I see that, lol WTH are they thinking?

Edit: Whats next a quest to find the Holy Grail in a Star Wars game?

The Rabbit of Caerbannog would make a cool pet.   The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch should be a BH weapon.

. . .

Yeah.  They've pretty much stop trying, haven't they?

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Is it that time already? Let the biannual trolling of the offical forums begin..

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

Well at least Indiana Jones has a small connection to Star Wars (Lucas).  Maybe next year they will give out Howard the Duck costumes?

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

The one and ony time I took them up on this offer I made the mistake of subbing again for a month, I think I'll pass and avoid any temptation that could arise from a weekend there.  Besides at the time I wasn't really enjoying any other games out there and right now I can think of quite a few games I'd rather play than this.

But to those who take them up on their offer enjoy!

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

Pretty sure I've been gone to long to get this.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Originally posted by Mazin

Well at least Indiana Jones has a small connection to Star Wars (Lucas).  Maybe next year they will give out Howard the Duck costumes?

Indiana Jones has NO connection to Star Wars. Harrison Ford was in both movies, that's where any connection ends. It's like Age of Conan introducing the Terminator or Kindergaten Cop. It simply makes NO sense.

Indiana Jones has NO connection to Star Wars. Harrison Ford was in both movies, that's where any connection ends. It's like Age of Conan introducing the Terminator or Kindergaten Cop. It simply makes NO sense.

Come on Tux, did you not get the joke?  Maybe I should have put (Lucasfilm) instead of just (Lucas).

Indiana Jones production was done by Lucasfilm and was even written by George Lucas.

Come on Tux, did you not get the joke?  Maybe I should have put (Lucasfilm) instead of just (Lucas).

Indiana Jones production was done by Lucasfilm and was even written by George Lucas.

Sorry lol. I may be a bit punchy about that excuse >.< Seems to be the one people on the o-boards use, either that or the fact that they wanted more hats, as justification for it being added.

• ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176

Sorry lol. I may be a bit punchy about that excuse >.< Seems to be the one people on the o-boards use, either that or the fact that they wanted more hats, as justification for it being added.

Pretty much. If we are going to use that logic, then since Mark Hamill does the voice of the Joker in the Batman cartoons, I want the Batmobile and the cool utility belt added. And a new profession called the Dark Knight added.

Originally posted by ericlatrelle

Pretty much. If we are going to use that logic, then since Mark Hamill does the voice of the Joker in the Batman cartoons, I want the Batmobile and the cool utility belt added. And a new profession called the Dark Knight added.

Guys it was just a joke!!!  I understand where your coming from and agree, thats why in my second sentence I said what will they give out next year Howard the Duck costumes?  Which was produced by Lucasfilm as well.

EXACTLY!!! Where do you end with this extension? James Earl Jones was also in Coming to America...should we add King Jaffe Joffer because of that connection? Just...wow...

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

sweet jesus I might just might have took them up on this offer but that image tells me to stay well away from SWG that is officially worse than those fricking ewok wings.

Announcing the latest in the multiplayer ground transports

EXACTLY!!! Where do you end with this extension? James Earl Jones was also in Coming to America...should we add King Jaffe Joffer because of that connection? Just...wow...

/sigh

Originally posted by MazinGuys

it was just a joke!!!  I understand where your coming from and agree, thats why in my second sentence I said what will they give out next year Howard the Duck costumes?  Which was produced by Lucasfilm as well.

We know you were ;) That doesn't mean you were wrong though in joking that that was their 'reason' for adding it. ;) It had to be justified somehow...right?

Hey i could play this all night

Warwick Davis was also in Leprechaun lets dispense with credits as a monetary measure and start using pots of gold.

Originally posted by thamighty213

Hey i could play this all night

Warwick Davis was also in Leprechaun lets dispense with credits as a monetary measure and start using pots of gold.

Well played.

I suggest Neville Flynn, the main character from Snakes on a Plane, as portrayed by Samuel L Jackson, who was also Mace Windu.

hehe

I propose we replace the imperial march within SWG with C is for Cookie in recognition of Frank Oz

• ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176

Originally posted by thamighty213

hehe

I propose we replace the imperial march within SWG with C is for Cookie in recognition of Frank Oz

Lol. Wurd.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

I'm amazed.  Simply amazed.

Why?  After what happened to Indiana Jones on a certain, very recent episode of South Park (think of the movie "Deliverance"), I'm AMAZED his ass has recovered from the ordeal already.  Not to mention poor Indy's mind.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406

Well at least its a step up from this.... or this...

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

At the very least they should have found a better area to take that screenshot.  Ignoring the asinine 'gift', which should come as no surprise considering the dev team hasn't had anyone on it that was an actual Star Wars fan since sometime prior to release, the background of that screenshot looks worse than the meth addicted looking character.  Pixelated flora and single textured (okay, dual textured if we want to count "blurry" as a texture) mountians don't make for a nice picture.

Edited to add:

The carebear Ewok pickture has a much nicer background than the Indiana Jones one does, and that is still taking into account that you can see the texture seems on the ground of the Ewok picture.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

I am so amazed that this game isn't F2P with a coin-shop of sorts.  I love it, though the community is bones....it just keeps going and going.

I wouldnt pay for it at this stage, but more power to-em.