Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage: Q & A with Yun Tae, Producer

MMORPG.com's Industry Relations Manager Garrett Fuller recently had the opportunity to ask Lineage Producer, Yun Tae, a few questions about the new Tikal and Antharas update. Give it a read and then let us know what you think in the forums!

The Tikal and Antharas update is actually two major updates rolled into one. We are advancing through updates at record pace so that we can get caught up with the global Lineage 1 product. Tikal is a new sister-dungeon to the Thebes dungeon which was added in our last update...

Read on, here.

Comments

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Isn't there a Lineage 2 that should have obsoleted Lineage 1?  I tried Lineage a long time ago, liked the concept, hated the controls and redundency.  But again...Lineage 2?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,013

Lineage 2 is actually a kind of prologue to Lineage. Lineage 2 takes place before the story of Lineage.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Yea...i see.  Really interesting how these older games keep on going :)  I guess my ADD gets the best of me to be an old-timer in any one game any more.

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

Lineage is father of Korean MMOs and has been around since 1998 predating Western games such as Everquest and is nearly as old as Ultima Online. It was the first MMO with over 1 million active subscriptions. It is funny how games like this are easily forgotton.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Why do all the articles never ask the tough questions?

Appropriate last question:

With lineage's failure to capture a western audience, what is being done to make it more attractive?

• warchidwarchid Member Posts: 37

why do u think they wanna capture the western market, do u think we are so manny mmo players in west ? u are mistaken they only have to capture their own teritorial market china included , if they do that they have over 10 mil subscribers ( even though china law's for playing kinda make it hard for it ).

Aaaa looot if free/payed mmos wich are doing verry bad in west are verry profitable in east becouse player's mentality is diffrent ( and the rezults are obvius if u check wich are the top gaming clans/players )

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by Novusod

Lineage is father of Korean MMOs and has been around since 1998 predating Western games such as Everquest and is nearly as old as Ultima Online. It was the first MMO with over 1 million active subscriptions. It is funny how games like this are easily forgotton.

Yes it was available in Korea then, but not in the US.  Wikipedia is wrong about the US date.

• RomseRomse Member Posts: 198

Lineage is a PoS game. It was a PoS when it came out and it always will be.

It came out in 1998 and had all the complexity and depht of Furcadia which came on it 1994.

9 months later 989 Studios was releasing EQ... a full 3D MMO with questing, crafting, leveling, actual character creation where you get to pick your race, gender and class, guilds, PvP etc...

Lineage was like Farmville... who knows why people do it, they just do.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by Romse

Lineage is a PoS game. It was a PoS when it came out and it always will be.

It came out in 1998 and had all the complexity and depht of Furcadia which came on it 1994.

9 months later 989 Studios was releasing EQ... a full 3D MMO with questing, crafting, leveling, actual character creation where you get to pick your race, gender and class, guilds, PvP etc...

Lineage was like Farmville... who knows why people do it, they just do.

That is not anywhere near close to the truth by any stretch of the imagination. Lineage had a very complex pvp political system that was completely absent from Everquest.