Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Post - This game sounds neat

I think I'm really going to be followng this game, it sounds very interesting, and if pulled off the way I think they will, it will be likely one of the top MMORPGS to date

Comments

• godmonkeygodmonkey Member Posts: 27

I have to agree with you. Some pretty interesting aspects already. Can't wait to hear somemore about it.

• UproarUproar Member UncommonPosts: 521

Just downloaded the cyclops video.  Between that and the dev chat I think I am getting excited.  The classes sound interesting.  Wonder if there will be any magic classes or whether they will be mainly melee, and such.   What is the roman mythos surrounding casters?

In any case I look forward to learning more.

• AtomicusAtomicus Member Posts: 202
    magic classes would be interesting but difficult as they would have to approach it from a mythicological stand point. For example, having been endowed with some of the powers of the gods giving to ability to project lightning.

----------------------------------------------+
    | Microsoft Windows XP Pro x64
    | ABIT AN8 x32 Nforce4 SLI x16
    | AMD Athlon FX-60 Dual-Core 2.6GHz
    | Corsair 3.1 GB DDR 400 Dual-Channel
    | (2x) BFG GeForce 8800 GTS 320mb
    | Creative X-FI Xtreme Gamer
    | Western Digital 250Gb SATA

• godmonkeygodmonkey Member Posts: 27
    Considering the game is about mythological..stuff in Roman times I doubt that they would fit in magic like a Mage or Enchanter class but maybe the Priest has a form of magic at its disposal so that would be the closest thing.
  • AtomicusAtomicus Member Posts: 202

Sure priest but you could also use soothsayer, witch, sorcerer, and bard. So there can be possibly four classes.

priest = healer primaryly with buffing

soothsayer = illusionists with enchanting

witch = reflects necromancers with poison, disease, undead or demon summoning

sorcerer = like the wizard with the nuking as well as summoning

bard = be the jack of all trades master of none with numeroues instruments various emitting auras of power

----------------------------------------------+
    | Microsoft Windows XP Pro x64
    | ABIT AN8 x32 Nforce4 SLI x16
    | AMD Athlon FX-60 Dual-Core 2.6GHz
    | Corsair 3.1 GB DDR 400 Dual-Channel
    | (2x) BFG GeForce 8800 GTS 320mb
    | Creative X-FI Xtreme Gamer
    | Western Digital 250Gb SATA

• maharbamaharba Member Posts: 44

Is anyone in the beta? I applied but haven't heard anything.

• KevinHKevinH Member Posts: 1
    Where is the BETA Sign up?
  • arvainisarvainis Member Posts: 548

Originally posted by maharba

You may be thinking of another game.  They haven't even announced Beta yet and I don't believe they have a sign up yet or I would have signed up also :)

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

• carebearcarebear Member Posts: 188
    Maybe they'll announce beta at E3!!! :) Wouldn't that be great? :)

Carebear
    *WoW = Level 60 Priest*
    *EQ2 = Level 25 Druid*

Originally posted by carebear
    Maybe they'll announce beta at E3!!! :) Wouldn't that be great? :)

Actually from what they've been hinting at you may be dead on!

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

• Orkozi5Orkozi5 Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by arvainis

Originally posted by maharba

You may be thinking of another game.  They haven't even announced Beta yet and I don't believe they have a sign up yet or I would have signed up also :)

Probably thinking of Roma Victor - that is in testing and has been in development for years already.
  • KelbinarKelbinar Member Posts: 7

i cant wait to see this game in beta or otherwise, the melding of the rts and mmo environs seems unique and very interesting, i love it when game designers actually think of a more unique basis rather then jumping into the neverending tedium of most games these days, i just hope they dont screw up cause squad combat looks beyond cool

I hope they can deliver what they promise.  If they can I'll never leave my computer again.  Well. Except maybe to go to the bathroom, and that's only if there's not an empty bottle nearby.  image

• KelbinarKelbinar Member Posts: 7

beware those evil number 2's....they make you move....=P

Already on it.....adult diapers!  image

• gschenk3gschenk3 Member Posts: 93

It does look very nice. How odd it is that their really hasn't been any decent Roman era games since the old Caeser franchise by Sierra, and now we have two Roman MMOs coming out within a month of each other. The other being Roma Victor which looks like it is shaping up to be a pretty darn snazzy game itself.

Not odd that two come out at the same time.  When PE got wind of a Roman themed game they probably thought it was a good idea to do.  They took a totally different approach from Roma Victor.  Roma Victor looked promising until I saw you could buy gold, items, adn whatever from the Developer, in fact it was encouraged to pay for the server upkeep.  Totally lame imo.