Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: The Shaman

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds and the Rift development team have teamed up with us this week to reveal four of the classes upcoming when Rift goes live. Our final installment features the Shaman, an elemental force who can wreath companions in powerful shields and provide healing as well. We have lore, screenshots and a basic overview of the Shaman. Check it out and tell us what you think by commenting below.

Overview

The Shaman binds the power of the icy north to his very being, wreathing himself in pure elemental force. This power augments a Shaman’s attacks, making him a powerful melee combatant, and provides shields and reactive healing.

Read more about the Rift Shaman.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• dirtyjoe78dirtyjoe78 Member Posts: 400

Like the sound of this class and i also like that they are getting the rest of the class information out as this game approaches closed beta at the beginning of Dec.  I love all the stories that go along with the iconic class heroes it hints at the power of the class while giving an entertaining lore story.  I like they way they have handled getting information out about this game.

• DanubiDanubi Member UncommonPosts: 11

sounds interesting.. Cant figure out what i wanna play though :

'The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make some other sorry bastard die for his'

• Psym0nPsym0n Member UncommonPosts: 283

Originally posted by Danubi

That's why you can change all your callings classes anytime.

And on the subject, I love melee healing champions, this will be a hard choice for me as well!

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

The sound of the game, content, breadth and depth of pvevp game-play seems pretty rich. It'll continue to be one to follow.

But Trion Worlds isn't going to realize true appreciation until they step-up their pre-market mainstream marketing; I dont think they've capitalized on that.

• SwobyJSwobyJ Member Posts: 80

Originally posted by Danubi

If you want to play Shaman at any time, pick the Cleric calling from the start. Pick your starting soul (I don't think Shaman is one). Get to around Level 6 and do a quest. Pick the Shaman soul to be your second. Now you'll have it for whenever you customize your 'roles' for the rest of the game :)

That's how it works so far. No confirmation on the release build, and I couldn't tell you anyway :)

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

The sound of the game, content, breadth and depth of pvevp game-play seems pretty rich. It'll continue to be one to follow.

But Trion Worlds isn't going to realize true appreciation until they step-up their pre-market mainstream marketing; I dont think they've capitalized on that.

Totally agreed. However, this is starting to change this month, and should be going up a LOT in December. 

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608

Damn,all the Cleric callings sound good and I still don't know what I gonna choose.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• radwan666radwan666 Member Posts: 31

Interesting class. Has the shaman some healing skills?

Sounds like a realease date is approaching :)

Carpe Diem

• HekketHekket Member Posts: 905

I like the class system they have in this game. It's too bad the character animations seem dull..  image

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Chain mail dress? Yanno...sorta like it :O First class that seemed interesting enough that it makes me want to play. Sorta.

Still not sold, but I'm looking forward to some gameplay videos. Not the trailers, where all the best parts of the game are stuck together to make you believe the game is THAT epic 24/7. Just the regular gamer videos of a typical day in game. That's when I'll know if it's worth the money or not.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• elf-hitenelf-hiten Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Chain mail dress? Yanno...sorta like it :O First class that seemed interesting enough that it makes me want to play. Sorta.

Still not sold, but I'm looking forward to some gameplay videos. Not the trailers, where all the best parts of the game are stuck together to make you believe the game is THAT epic 24/7. Just the regular gamer videos of a typical day in game. That's when I'll know if it's worth the money or not.

better try it ^^

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

this game just keeps getting better and better

Im already on my 4th alt now

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

so shaman cant heal?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

Originally posted by MMOExposed

so shaman cant heal?

[object Window]and provide healing as well[object Window]

did you even read the post?

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750

Where is my druid!!!!!

I am really looking forward to this game but I see they have not talked about druid as a calling. Why is druid not a clear and important part of things.

Druids have been a fun part of things since Everquest. Wow did great things with them. I just think this game is not going to be complete unless it has it's druids.

A druid by common gaming standards can be a jack of many trades when needed. They could deal out mass damage, and crowd control, and heal, and even turn into or have animal pets in many games. If the shaman is in then the druid should get some love to. I will sub either way if the game turns out to be as good as it seems....but the game clearly cries out for druids.....

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

it has druids, every class in game is listed at telarapedia.com

Druids, Necros, and many others, they are just only releasing soul info 1 at a time

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Originally posted by Karble

Where is my druid!!!!!

I am really looking forward to this game but I see they have not talked about druid as a calling. Why is druid not a clear and important part of things.

Druids have been a fun part of things since Everquest. Wow did great things with them. I just think this game is not going to be complete unless it has it's druids.

A druid by common gaming standards can be a jack of many trades when needed. They could deal out mass damage, and crowd control, and heal, and even turn into or have animal pets in many games. If the shaman is in then the druid should get some love to. I will sub either way if the game turns out to be as good as it seems....but the game clearly cries out for druids.....

Some reason the main site doesnt update the information. maybe because its still beta. but the wiki has the classes. also some of the tree skills.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

If it's anything like WoW shaman, which it does kinda sound similar, they can gtfo right now.

Originally posted by Karble

Where is my druid!!!!!

Calm down. Holy MMORPG.com...

The Cleric calling has the Druid class. We don't know many details about it yet, but I do know some things:

1)It's more of a high fantasy/Celtic druic, not the Warcraft druid of Night Elfdom.

2)As such, no shapeshifting.

3)There will be heals.

4)There will be a fairy pet. As far as I know. Or a fairy of some sort.

I suggest visiting the forums (be polite, since every bit of info is there if you're just respectful lol), or going on Telarapaedia :) Cheers.

Originally posted by jusomdude

If it's anything like WoW shaman, which it does kinda sound similar, they can gtfo right now.

A little bit. From the info here, we know some things:

1)It doesn't have totems. So right there, its not like the WoW shaman.

2)It's less about heals. Rift Shaman seems to have a focus more in flash heals when needed, not a dedicated healing soul.

3)While we know there is a usage of the ice elemental attacks, we don't know if there are others. Possibly lightning. 

• thorppesthorppes Member Posts: 452

A character wearing chain mail, with a hammer, who has small heals, lightning attacks and spells to boost meele. Too close to a WoW shaman for me to play, they could of 're-invented the wheel' a bit more with this class it seems to offer nothing new.

• XandryaXandrya Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by thorppes

A character wearing chain mail, with a hammer, who has small heals, lightning attacks and spells to boost meele. Too close to a WoW shaman for me to play, they could of 're-invented the wheel' a bit more with this class it seems to offer nothing new.

What is new is that if you choose to go with this souls you can combine its abilities with two of 8 others souls in any combination.  That's what is special about it.  I really get tired of people seeing this game and saying...WoW has that, when in fact WoW really does not have that at all.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ARaphaARapha Member Posts: 1

Awesome

• WaizerWaizer Member Posts: 125

sounds another interesting class :)

Can't wait for beta, just hope I'm in