Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I Quit FFXIV

Hi, I'm going to be strightforward and simple.

1- NO Auction House: I'm full all the time, and hey please buy this off me?

2- NO Mailing System: wait for me, I need to teleport to you...then walk all the way to you, ok now take this.

3- Crafting: ok need to make a vest...Ok need weaver 10, ok need leatherworker 15, ok need alchemist 10...oh not enough mats, need to go log some logs and mine some mines and fish some fish. lvl 15 botanist miner and fisher...ok now vest done., you need to become everything, just to make one thing.

4- user interface: click, sell this, max number, yes sell, wait 10 seconds to UI to refresh...ok click, sell this, yes, max number, yes...wait 10 seconds for UI to refresh...ok click, sell this, yes, max number, yes...wait 10 seconds for UI to refresh...ok click, sell this, yes, max number, yes...wait 10 seconds for UI to refresh...ok click, sell this, yes, max number, yes...wait 10 seconds for UI to refresh...5 minutes to sell 10 items...

4.1- Equipping an item takes forever.

4.2- Durablity loss is rediculously fast.

5- Combat: miss miss evade, hit, miss, hit, miss, evade, evade, evade, miss, hit, dead, and yes I am a lancer.

6- Community: full of japanese people, all groups are made by japanese people, all your questions are answered by one person who whispers you back after 5 minutes of asking.

7- Quests: unrewarding.

So yeah, I quit, the game is very and extremely slow, no groups to be found that easily.

the only good thing about this game, just to be fair, combat class system and graphics, anything else sucks beyond suckness.

Comments

• micaelmoraismicaelmorais Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by ob1sr

2- NO Mailing System: wait for me, I need to teleport to you...then walk all the way to you, ok now take this.

3- Crafting: ok need to make a vest...Ok need weaver 10, ok need leatherworker 15, ok need alchemist 10...oh not enough mats, need to go log some logs and mine some mines and fish some fish. lvl 15 botanist miner and fisher...ok now vest done., you need to become everything, just to make one thing.

4- user interface: click, sell this, max number, yes sell, wait 10 seconds to UI to refresh...ok click, sell this, yes, max number, yes...wait 10 seconds for UI to refresh...ok click, sell this, yes, max number, yes...wait 10 seconds for UI to refresh...ok click, sell this, yes, max number, yes...wait 10 seconds for UI to refresh...ok click, sell this, yes, max number, yes...wait 10 seconds for UI to refresh...5 minutes to sell 10 items...

5- Combat: miss miss evade, hit, miss, hit, miss, evade, evade, evade, miss, hit, dead, and yes I am a lancer.

6- Community: full of japanese people, all groups are made by japanese people, all your questions are answered by one person who whispers you back after 5 minutes of asking.

So yeah, I quit, the game is very and extremely slow, no groups to be found that easily.

the only good thing about this game, just to be fair, combat class system and graphics, anything else sucks beyond suckness.

THE GAME IS A MOUNT OF CRAP THE WORSE I EVER SAW, THEY SREWED ME SO BADLY.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Bummer guys, you aren't alone. 

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

The irony is that it was meant to be that way in order to make you deal with other players for materials, therefore forming an infrastructure around it, but they made the methods of actually getting around to it so hard that people felt better off doing it all themselves. Honestly though, most people would aim for this self-sufficiency regardless of the circumstances, but rooting through tons of vendors prolly didn't help... Though it used to be that way, and we had to walk 10 miles in the snow to do it. We loved it, couldn't get enough of it.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• ScribZScribZ Member Posts: 424

OMG yes on the AH and mail system! The crafting I dont mind much, me and couple friends are splitting them up 2-3 each and we work together. That inventory thing though, yeah thats the one thats gonna make us quit at the end of the free there. Takes like 2 hours to transfer 20 items from me to one of my mules. 2 hours!!! It should take 2 minutes in a mailbox and go back to having fun, NOT 2 hours!

The other thing thats gonna make us quit is the opposite of yours though, I have several friends who absolutely HATE forced grouping. We like to play amongst ourselves, 2-4 to a team , and its looking more and more like if your solo, duo, or a trio that you can just forget about leveling up in FFXIV. Its gonna  be the bigger the team the better, which means we will be left behind like crazy or stuck being crafters for life. NOT!

FFIXV has lots going for it, just not enough excitement factor to make the bugs worth putting up with right now, and looks like the higher level you get that gets worse for my circle of friends.

• SilaquiSilaqui Member Posts: 9

An AH and a mailing system would be a godsend right now. But my biggest  issue has become boredom. You have to do the same thing over and over and over again, everyday ; well every other day since leves reset every 36 hours. The complete lack of story line makes this so annoyingly boring. I hate having grind endlessy for a short glimpse of storyline every 10 levels!  There really isn't anything interesting enough to keep people playing even without the bugs.  But since the gameplay is crap to go along with lack of storyline I can already see that people will be dropping out of this game like flies once the free trial is over. SE has really gone off the deep end this time.

• A.SerenityA.Serenity Member Posts: 8

The game has improved in a lot of aspects mentioned now.  It is worth another look. :)

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by A.Serenity

The game has improved in a lot of aspects mentioned now.  It is worth another look. :)

Almost.  Another few months of updates and then I would say yes.  Right now, no.  It still bores me to tears when I log in.  Part of it is the slow quality of the UI and movement, part of it is how unattached I am to my class choice.  This will definitely change, as it is part of that giant list of upcoming changes, so I'm not saying it will never happen, just that I'm waiting for it to happen at all before I head back into FFXIV.  The job system idea alone is enough to bring this puppy back from the brink.

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

My latest headache is the market ward. Not only does it take forever to browse up to whatever item you want, but then there's no way of comparing it to whatever you're wearing atm. So moving from the gear I want to buy to my currently equipped gear to check which one is better (and then back again to actually buy it) takes somewhere around 14 clicks (WTF?).

UI grows on you. When I started it felt totally ridiculous, now I'm more used to it and it only bothers me occasionally.

Also if you pick Limsa Lominsa for starter instead of Ul'dah you'll spend forever running to different quests. The town is pretty much a double deck maze. But that was only the first week or so, now I dont bother and just do leves.

I still enjoy it tho for some reason. Every other day or so when I check my current MMOs, I feel like FFXIV is the least crappy ;) but still I realize any game I play now is just a placeholder for SWtor.

• FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249

Hmmmm sounds like someone working for Square Enix....

Remember when FFXIV came out, SE paid cartoonist and bloggers who never played the game for the hype.

One was busted when the account info had shown she never went beyond her home city after 2 days of play, yet she chronicled "weeks of gameplay" on her cartoon and blog....

That reason among many is why I religiously speak out about SE.

That wasn't a flame, don't ban me for speaking the truth again...

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

Originally posted by FleshMask

Remember when FFXIV came out, SE paid cartoonist and bloggers who never played the game for the hype.

One was busted when the account info had shown she never went beyond her home city after 2 days of play, yet she chronicled "weeks of gameplay" on her cartoon and blog....

Well if she picked Limsa Lominsa for starter city she could actually be following the main quests for weeks and never leave town because its just a huge maze and takes forever to run everywhere haha ;)

Joking aside, coming into every thread to bash SE and FFXIV is like kicking someone already down. By now, nobody will buy the game unawares so there's no need for your crusade.

I didnt play at launch, I heard it was bad. However I did get it maybe 3 weeks ago and its not really that bad. UI is still the biggest issue. There's a lack of quests if that's what you fancy. There are major quest lines to follow, but no fillers. Stuff like market ward and maps can also be frustrating.

All in all the game isnt awesome, its kind of average. Still, I feel like loggin on every other day or so.

• FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249

Originally posted by ormstunga

Originally posted by FleshMask

Well if she picked Limsa Lominsa for starter city she could actually be following the main quests for weeks and never leave town because its just a huge maze and takes forever to run everywhere haha ;)

Joking aside, coming into every thread to bash SE and FFXIV is like kicking someone already down. By now, nobody will buy the game unawares so there's no need for your crusade.

I didnt play at launch, I heard it was bad. However I did get it maybe 3 weeks ago and its not really that bad. UI is still the biggest issue. There's a lack of quests if that's what you fancy. There are major quest lines to follow, but no fillers. Stuff like market ward and maps can also be frustrating.

All in all the game isnt awesome, its kind of average. Still, I feel like loggin on every other day or so.

Not on a crusade...

just a man with a six pack, trying to drink them all to make molotovs...

SE isn't a victim, because in the end they took everyone's money and put this out.

So in the end I'm not a war, just educating the masses in their tactics, for getting your money..

• kidRiotkidRiot Member Posts: 209

So you guys are disappointed FFXIV isnt WoW, and holding your hand?  The OP's arguements are mainly that he doesnt want to put in the effort or time, and find it too difficult to enjoy.  You obviously never play EQ classic have you?

• RaveiceRaveice Member Posts: 22

Ithink most of the topic should be deleted beacuse they have nothing todo with current game at all.

so basic this one is outdated..

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624
    your post just bumped a dead thread...
    (game is relaunching and currently in closed testing, guy above me effectively had reverse effect of what he wants)

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397
    Originally posted by Raveice

Ithink most of the topic should be deleted beacuse they have nothing todo with current game at all.

this thread is 2 years old. ofc its outdated information. its you thats just revived it.

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by GTwander

The irony is that it was meant to be that way in order to make you deal with other players for materials, therefore forming an infrastructure around it, but they made the methods of actually getting around to it so hard that people felt better off doing it all themselves. Honestly though, most people would aim for this self-sufficiency regardless of the circumstances, but rooting through tons of vendors prolly didn't help... Though it used to be that way, and we had to walk 10 miles in the snow to do it. We loved it, couldn't get enough of it.

i like self sufficiency, but i understand that it is actually better in MMORPG to be a t least partially dependant on others.

My problem with FF14 crafting was a bit different - the recipes were put together really strangely, there were things like to create lev 10 crafting tool you needed lev 20 crafted material from that profession and i think i some cases even lev 30 from another one.

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435

Wow! i wasnt interested in this game until i read ur post. This might be good and will be on my radar now, Thanks bra.

Edit: LOL this post is from 2010, well i guess its dumbed down now to appeal the retarded kids.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by TsaboHavoc

Wow! i wasnt interested in this game until i read ur post. This might be good and will be on my radar now, Thanks bra.

Really? Because his description made it sound horrible to me.

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397
    guys this thread is 2 yrs old. its not about ff: realm reborn

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Way to revive a thread about a game that no longer exists.
  • RaveiceRaveice Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by plescure

this thread is 2 years old. ofc its outdated information. its you thats just revived it.

well even so.. i said they should delete old topics! this can missleading people don't bother ifs an old topic right?

even if its old why people respoding to it then?

• TreabhairTreabhair Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by plescure

well even so.. i said they should delete old topics! this can missleading people don't bother ifs an old topic right?

even if its old why people respoding to it then?

People are responding to it because you bumped the thread by posting in it.

When you reply to something, it takes the thread from where ever it is in the massive heap of posts, and places it directly on top. That's how forums work. That's how they've worked for a long time. At best, the thread will probably just be locked so that it can't be brought to the top again.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Seems this thread was necro'd, so I deleted what I posted.  :P
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

"I want to play an online game with other people"

"This game makes me interact with other people!?!"

"Oh I quit, I have to play a social game with other people!"

That's today's playerbase...