Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will my computer play blackops?

HikaruuHikaruu Member CommonPosts: 103

AMD Athlon II x4 640 processor (3 ghz)

4gb of ran (will expand to 8)

NVIDIA GT220 1gb video card (will most likely replace with a geforce 9500GT)

Comments

• dirtyjoe78dirtyjoe78 Member Posts: 400

Short answer: yes

Why do you need 8 gigs of RAM?  Do you do video or audio editing, edit raw image files?  Having more than 4 gigs of RAM is really not advantageous unless you are running programs that eat a ton of RAM if you get 8 gigs what is the advantage if it sits there unused by your PC.  8 and 16 gigs of ram that i see in peoples PC specs make me giggle my database servers have 16 gigs of RAM and serve 800 devices and they dont use that much RAM.  What is your budget for a graphics card?  You can get a hold of a GTX 460 for under $200 these days the question is can your power supply handle it?  And consider adding an above board sound card it will take the sound processing load off your processor and help with FPS.

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

You should be able to run it, however a 6XXX series ATI card or GTX 460 Nvidia card will take you farther than buying four more gigabytes of system memory. If blackopts is DirectX11, you will want to be using Windows 7, otherwise default to DirectX9c in Windows XP. You are fine on 4GB of RAM. 

@dirtyjoe

The sweet smell of inexperience! ^_^ 

There are many ways I can use excess memory to increase efficiency and cut down time and even increase mean-throughput....specially with the magnitude of your setup. ^_^ There are special reasons why every optimal gaming platform I run has 8GB of RAM, but then again I am not a normal user either. 

• SANDLES247SANDLES247 Member Posts: 18

your systems specs are overkill for blackops most people are still relying on old duelcores for there games to run correctly

• Benj4minBenj4min Member Posts: 23

Yes you can play Black ops. With 4 Gig ram you can run 2 black ops games at the same time. Why do you need 8 lol?

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Originally posted by Shinami

There are many ways I can use excess memory to increase efficiency and cut down time and even increase mean-throughput....specially with the magnitude of your setup. ^_^ There are special reasons why every optimal gaming platform I run has 8GB of RAM, but then again I am not a normal user either. 

Lol bunch of hot air. No, 8 GB RAM is overkill for any game today. Sure, if you want to run shit load of applications in the background, all hogging lots of memory, then it's useful, but for all regular gamers your money is better spend somewhere else.

Of course you could always refute me with a technical description of how exactly you increase mean-throughput(As in read/write or access speed to the memory increased - that is how I understand that sentence).

• dirtyjoe78dirtyjoe78 Member Posts: 400

Originally posted by Shinami

You should be able to run it, however a 6XXX series ATI card or GTX 460 Nvidia card will take you farther than buying four more gigabytes of system memory. If blackopts is DirectX11, you will want to be using Windows 7, otherwise default to DirectX9c in Windows XP. You are fine on 4GB of RAM. 

@dirtyjoe

The sweet smell of inexperience! ^_^ 

You come here talk a bunch of crap and explain nothing.  Having 8 gigs of ram does nothing for your system specially when it comes to gaming.  I have run 9 instances of Lineag 2 at the same time on 4 gigs so explain how the extra 4 gigs does anything for system performance.  Your system will not perform better with ram sitting there not being used you sir are full of shit.

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825

How about a simple riddle :) I wrote a song about this...and if you can answer this precisely, I will help you with game performance. It will be my treat ^_^ 

"I exist, yet I don't exist. 

I am everywhere, yet nowhere at the same time. 

Without me, one can't exist, yet with me everything ends.

I am alive when you wish it of me, and dead when you let go.

I've shown you the best, and taken you through the worse

I'm the reason why you laugh and cry

and why you can never let go.

what am I?"

Since it was two (jackcolt and dirtyjoe) who insulted me, I thought it would be fitting to make a riddle with a dual-answer. Your job is to figure out both answers and connect them together. It was either this, or write a nice long insulting post. I rather have fun than to break your hearts in a useless flame.

To admins and moderators :) Feel free if you wish to participate and/or break this post into its own separate thread. ^_^ 

~Shinami

• LotusBunnyLotusBunny Member UncommonPosts: 20

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

The question is not Can i play blackops?

The question is Do you Want to play blackops

It's one of the crappiest most overhyped shooters out there. ( Seriously.. It's so normal, old, dull.. )

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Originally posted by LotusBunny

I don't use this word ever but... Epic!

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Originally posted by Hikaruu

For future refferences, use this site http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/

It scans your hardware and determines if you are able to play any game on their list. You'll be prompted to download something the first time, it is safe.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by Hikaruu

you just need a new video card... i had that GT220 and upgraded to ATI Radeon HD 6950 and its kicking azz.

4GB RAM is more than enough. With gt220 i think you can play BOps on low settings and still have lag