Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earthrise: Exclusive Screens #2

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Earthrise team has partnered with MMORPG.com to bring you a month's worth of exclusive screens. Welcome to week two! This week's screens feature five players facing off in a canyon, a player looking down a deserted road, and a trio of players hanging out at the base camp. Check them out in our Earthrise Exclusive Screens #2 feature.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

Is this silly game even in Beta yet??? Seems like it's been in development for years.

• StoogeMonkeyStoogeMonkey Member Posts: 185

silly?

They'll take as long as they damn well want!

• lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

I hope the maps in this game are not all laid out like AoC

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

• ArquitetoArquiteto Member Posts: 228

The game is not silly at all. If they pull off what they have promised then it will be amazing. However failing to provide the community with any sort of video to display how the game has progressed is not promising. There last video was 1.5 years ago and was a videotape of a dev in one area of the game moving the character around. Screenshots alone do not cut it anymore when your game is near release.

• vajravvajrav Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 146

Originally posted by StoogeMonkey

silly?

Agreed. Just give me a real release date.

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

Originally posted by vajrav

silly?

Noone owes you a real release date AFAIK.

Originally posted by Rynne

silly?

I am a potential customer, they don't owe me anything until I make a purchase, but they want to be on my good side if they want to make that sale.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

While I'd like to get a better idea as for a timeline and see some vids...these are the best screenshots yet...looks solid.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

silly?

I am a potential customer, they don't owe me anything until I make a purchase, but they want to be on my good side if they want to make that sale.

I think that's for them to decide.

silly?

Exactly. Which makes your little inflammatory comments unwanted and irrelevant.

I just hope the world is open and non linear. Which it does not look non linear.

It looks as if every zone is bottlenecked, which takes away from the immersion value. Well for me anyways.

Graphics look good, the concept sounds good, and they are trying to release the game ASAP obviously. Well unless their continuing push back of release is a mediocre attempt to create hype.

Time will tell.

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

Originally posted by lectrocuda

Well unless their continuing push back of release is a mediocre attempt to create hype.

My thoughts exactly.

• StoogeMonkeyStoogeMonkey Member Posts: 185

They are working with interplay on a Fallout mmo so I wouldn't be surprised if this is on the back burner, Earthrise seems like competition for "Fallout Online" so its all a bit curious.

Would be nice if they cleared it all up tbh :/

silly?

The only one unwanted here is you. They will continue pushing back the release date for as long as they want, until the game is ready to release and that can only do good. The game has recently undergone a major combat overhaul and it wouldn't surprise me if they kept pushing back for a while. Having a specific release date with no delays and releasing a half-finished game is just as bad, if not worse.

Like I said previously. I really want this game to succeed. It has feature I have wanted in an mmo, but look at these screenshots that were posted on 1-31-08 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/331/view/screens/house/4/display/12917

That was almost 3 years ago. Can you not see why screenshots just don't keep us fans happy anymore. Again I must repeat "I want the game to be a huge success". My comments are not to cause turmoil, but to show the developers that the current PR push is failing and needs to be addressed.

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93

jep pics dont do it anymore and i was on the same train with darkfall and i dont go again such a long road and at the end for nothing :O

They are working with interplay on a Fallout mmo so I wouldn't be surprised if this is on the back burner, Earthrise seems like competition for "Fallout Online" so its all a bit curious.

Would be nice if they cleared it all up tbh :/

I was under the impression that the fallout mmo was utilizing the earthrise engine. That does not necessarily mean they are working together. I believe if they are supplying the engine then their capacity would be as customer service for the engine.

Correct me if I am wrong because I am no mmo sage.

Originally posted by Arquiteto

Like I said previously. I really want this game to succeed. It has feature I have wanted in an mmo, but look at these screenshots that were posted on 1-31-08 

That was almost 3 years ago. Can you not see why screenshots just don't keep us fans happy anymore. Again I must repeat "I want the game to be a huge success". My comments are not to cause turmoil, but to show the developers that the current PR push is failing and needs to be addressed.

I don't see how hype and PR has anything to do with the game "succeeding" or not. Unless you are judging a game from how many people play it. The decision you make about the game should come out of how good it is for you not how much it is talked in a 3rd site.

I don't see how hype and PR has anything to do with the game "succeeding" or not. Unless you are judging a game from how many people play it. The decision you make about the game should come out of how good it is for you not how much it is talked in a 3rd site.

It is a pvp game based on territory control and one of its main features is a player controlled market. The amount of people in-game absolutely matters in a game of this type. Without a large population such a game can not succeed. So the more people they can get excited for the games release the more initial subs they will have. 

• bumfmanbumfman Member Posts: 276

silly?

The only one unwanted here is you. They will continue pushing back the release date for as long as they want, until the game is ready to release and that can only do good. The game has recently undergone a major combat overhaul and it wouldn't surprise me if they kept pushing back for a while. Having a specific release date with no delays and releasing a half-finished game is just as bad, if not worse.

In order to "push back" a deadline, you need to first have a deadline. I wouldnt mind if they set something for 2013 and brought it out in late 2012. That would even make it look like they finished ahead of time. I realy think they should give us something for a deadline just to shut us waiters the hell up :)

As for Hype, i couldn't care less but I want to know if this thing is gonna release before I get sent to an old folks home. I aint no spring chicken ya know.

Work hard Play Harder

It is a pvp game based on territory control and one of its main features is a player controlled market. The amount of people in-game absolutely matters in a game of this type. Without a large population such a game can not succeed. So the more people they can get excited for the games release the more initial subs they will have. 

It absolutely doesn't matter. Worst case scenario they have one server total. The population will still be big enough for the "required" criteria of a player controlled game.

Originally posted by bumfman

silly?

In order to "push back" a deadline, you need to first have a deadline. I wouldnt mind if they set something for 2013 and brought it out in late 2012. That would even make it look like they finished ahead of time. I realy think they should give us something for a deadline just to shut us waiters the hell up :)

As for Hype, i couldn't care less but I want to know if this thing is gonna release before I get sent to an old folks home. I aint no spring chicken ya know.

What's the point of releasing a deadline they will be unable to meet? Just to "ease" the mind of the average follower with misinformation?

Amazing.

• TimacekTimacek Member UncommonPosts: 182

i realy looking forward this game, could be awesome

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Number of people subscribing does not  absolutely matter? What world are you living in? Ofcourse the number of people buying and subscriber to the game matters for them, probably it is what matters to them more than everything else.

They are not in this for their health you know. The amount of money they get, not only pay their salaries, but also gives them possibility to improve on the game even more.

It sounds to me that you have some inside information on the game that other people lack so please share. If not then shut your mouth, you are just making an ass of yourself.

Originally posted by Yamota

Number of people subscribing does not  absolutely matter? What world are you living in? Ofcourse the number of people buying and subscriber to the game matters for them, probably it is what matters to them more than everything else.

They are not in this for their health you know. The amount of money they get, not only pay their salaries, but also gives them possibility to improve on the game even more.

It sounds to me that you have some inside information on the game that other people lack so please share. If not then shut your mouth, you are just making an ass of yourself.

If you actually took the time to read the post I replied to and make yourself sound less ignorant, you would know it was the guy who was worried about the game succeeding while he liked the game's features that I originally answered. Never did I say the developers don't care about the amount of subscribers they have or going to have; I was saying that as long as the playerbase is enough for it to work with a player based world and economy, the amount of subscribers should not directly affect a player's opinion on the game. So again, I never mentioned anything about the developers regarding the subscriptions, you are only making youself sound stupid.