Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fastest way to get sustainable subscription Via plex?

2»

Comments

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

Originally posted by cheyane

I find it very difficult to steal in a game from real players. One of the reasons I cannot play EvE. I am not being a goody two shoes it is just that I have had things stolen from me in real life and I hate that feeling. May be if it is someone I hate in real life it would be easier. I know I got screwed up morals.

No need to feel bad at all its a game, noone would avoid scoring a goal in football because you would be destroying a teams championship hopes after they worked for months to get high in the league and noone would feel bad about taking a chess piece.

Yes there is a certain amount of empathy most eve players will turn around and talk about how something that happened to someone sucks even if they laugh about scams or hilarious ganks but most people also recognise the fact that the person chose to play a game with those rules and goals.

People cant always adjust and take the whole thing to seriously and get mad and do stupid things like make death threats because they lack the mental cognition and emotional maturity and go crazy when something happens to their pixels due to a lack of healthy detachment but that's purely their own fault and they really shouldn't be playing any kind of social game at all so there is no real need to feel any kind of in game sympathy for them.

Saying that you could always feel a certain amount of RL pity for people like that.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Garkan

Originally posted by comerb

Train up for something like an Arbitrator and learn probing skills, then hang around mission hub stations and use a passive scanner and look for expensive fits.

It doesn't necessarily need to be faction high meta items can be far more valuable than T2, once you have your target try to find him and then probe his mission and invade it and start messing with his wrecks and try to annoy them with smack talk, this is the most difficult part and takes some social engineering but its possible.

Once the mission runner aggros you kill him and take his loot, even with non faction loot and T2 etc you can easily make 5-10m per drop and if you get a nice faction drop you can make 100s of millions but you can average 100m per hour easily.

Good luck sporting enough of a gank to break a mission runners tank(especially beyond a T2 fit) when your character is only a few weeks old.

Ever heard of one of these? 

Rumour has it that they turn a ships tank off and that the rats actually help you because they are shooting the guy who's tank has been turned off.

that does work on active tanking.. armour etc. but not on passive shield tanks, aka, drakes/broadswords etc.. the real weakness of a mission ship is specific resistance maxing.. just hit them with stuff their not fitted against....

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

I find it very difficult to steal in a game from real players. One of the reasons I cannot play EvE. I am not being a goody two shoes it is just that I have had things stolen from me in real life and I hate that feeling. May be if it is someone I hate in real life it would be easier. I know I got screwed up morals.

No need to feel bad at all its a game, noone would avoid scoring a goal in football because you would be destroying a teams championship hopes after they worked for months to get high in the league and noone would feel bad about taking a chess piece.

Yes there is a certain amount of empathy most eve players will turn around and talk about how something that happened to someone sucks even if they laugh about scams or hilarious ganks but most people also recognise the fact that the person chose to play a game with those rules and goals.

People cant always adjust and take the whole thing to seriously and get mad and do stupid things like make death threats because they lack the mental cognition and emotional maturity and go crazy when something happens to their pixels due to a lack of healthy detachment but that's purely their own fault and they really shouldn't be playing any kind of social game at all so there is no real need to feel any kind of in game sympathy for them.

Saying that you could always feel a certain amount of RL pity for people like that.

I disagree with your thinking here. Just because it's a game doesn't mean you should turn off empathy or a sense of morality. And yeah, I do feel bad for that other team in football. I still want to play to win, but a little empathy is good for the soul. That said there's really no reason to steal from people in Eve. It's not a football game where you have to work against another person to win.

People in high security space stay there because it's relatively safe and they want to avoid the more competitive nature of low security space. It's also the only place to fly solo with a reasonable expectation of safety.  I prefer to respect that choice.

How you choose to play morally speaking is part of the game, true, but I believe whatever you choose also says something about you as a person.

I'm sure you'd probably like to debate the issue, but I'd prefer not to take the thread any further off topic than I already have. Just wanted to give my two cents on the subject since it came up. Besides, having said my piece I don't really have anything more to add anyway. It might prove an interesting debate for others tho, if you'd want to start a new thread on the subject.

• vajravvajrav Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 146

There is no breach of morality when you play within the game's rules.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Hey guys listen I did not mean to derail the thread.  Just ignore what I wrote it is just my own hang ups and yes you are absolutely right it is totally within the rules of the game.

Chamber of Chains
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Originally posted by Phry

Train up for something like an Arbitrator and learn probing skills, then hang around mission hub stations and use a passive scanner and look for expensive fits.

It doesn't necessarily need to be faction high meta items can be far more valuable than T2, once you have your target try to find him and then probe his mission and invade it and start messing with his wrecks and try to annoy them with smack talk, this is the most difficult part and takes some social engineering but its possible.

Once the mission runner aggros you kill him and take his loot, even with non faction loot and T2 etc you can easily make 5-10m per drop and if you get a nice faction drop you can make 100s of millions but you can average 100m per hour easily.

Good luck sporting enough of a gank to break a mission runners tank(especially beyond a T2 fit) when your character is only a few weeks old.

Rumour has it that they turn a ships tank off and that the rats actually help you because they are shooting the guy who's tank has been turned off.

that does work on active tanking.. armour etc. but not on passive shield tanks, aka, drakes/broadswords etc.. the real weakness of a mission ship is specific resistance maxing.. just hit them with stuff their not fitted against....

I'd have to question whether out of the box noobs are going to be taking down T2 fit passive Drake mission runners and the like, regardless of what damage resistance type the target is predominantly stacking.

1-2 month old characters are going to have more chance just running missions themselves or if they are desperate to go the pvp route, use a pirate toon and raid noob (preferably non T2) mission runners who have crossed into low sec and try ransoming them off.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

Hey guys listen I did not mean to derail the thread.  Just ignore what I wrote it is just my own hang ups and yes you are absolutely right it is totally within the rules of the game.

I didn't mean to suggest that you had derailed the thread, I don't have a problem with a post or two straying otherwise I wouldn't have posted at all. I just was letting you know I wouldn't continue to debate the issue, because then we WOULD be derailing the thread. image

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

Originally posted by bunnyhopper

Originally posted by Phry

I'd have to question whether out of the box noobs are going to be taking down T2 fit passive Drake mission runners and the like, regardless of what damage resistance type the target is predominantly stacking.

1-2 month old characters are going to have more chance just running missions themselves or if they are desperate to go the pvp route, use a pirate toon and raid noob (preferably non T2) mission runners who have crossed into low sec and try ransoming them off.

You wouldn't really want to mess with most passive tanks, it would depend if they have active hardeners or not whether you could kill them but the time frame makes it unrealistic as they may have the chance to get reinforcements due to passive shield tanks having high buffers as well shield regen so it presents two problems and heavy missiles are the perfect anti cruiser weapon and difficult to speed tank and something like an Ishtar can be extra nasty with a passive tank.

Any other ships are easy prey though, use an Arbitrator with two medium neuts, afterburner and some tracking disruptors and you can mitigate the damage from any turret or cruise missile setups. even with newbie skills an Arbitrator can spew 150+ dps from drones so when you factor in the damage from the rats even BS will crumble quickly, but be careful with cap boosted setups as you come back around to the time to kill issue and might face potential reinforcements.

Having an alt can be handy to so you can bring along some logistics, a months training can put a new char into even a T1 logistic boat and give cap transfer or armour and shield support allowing you to engage tougher targets.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944

Nobody is going to engage you when they have rats beating on them.  Especially if your flying an ship that is well known as an energy neut ship, unless they are passive tanked... then they'd probably kick your ass.  And I have a lot of doubts about surviving a faction fit missile boat long enough for your drones to kill them.  A gunboat sure, but a faction fit missile boat?  I dunno.

Im not saying its unreasonable, I'm saying its unreasonable for a <2 month old player. It would require a ton of work to actually find someone that would bite, you'd basically be pissing all over your reputation... and you'd inevitably be losing ships on occasion.

I also just generally have a hard time believing you'd get anyone to bite that is fitting anything of worthwhile value.  I know I sure as hell wouldn't openly engage anyone in my faction fit Tengu, regardless of the situation.  I might do so in a T1 ship w/ T2 gear, but thats not a particularly huge profit margin to be had.

• liberalguyliberalguy Member UncommonPosts: 118

I don't think anybody has a problem with your post...everybody has to find what they are comfortable with and what they aren't. I don't like suicide ganking people in expensive ships in high-sec but I have no problem with doing recruitment scams and taking isk from people that are trying to take shortcuts to getting in a big, well-known 0.0 alliance. Eve attracts all kinds and the universe is big enough for all of them.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by Mellkor

Hello,

Thinking about returning to eve but like the title says im trying to cut my subscription costs by buying plex with isk.

whats the best way to achieve this for a character with around 4mill sp? 

thanks in advance, mellkor.

Exploration. Radars, mags, complexes, losec,hisec, nullsec, wormhole space do'em all and you'll have enough to cover two months with 200mil left in your wallet.

This is not a game.

• MokweeMokwee Member Posts: 286

buy one of the numerous eve botting programs and just mine 23/7 in highsec or do courier missions....

ccp doesnt care about botters or macroers.....

there is your easiest way

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

Originally posted by Mokwee

buy one of the numerous eve botting programs and just mine 23/7 in highsec or do courier missions....

ccp doesnt care about botters or macroers.....

there is your easiest way

You couldn't be more wrong.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by lykken

If you are a Prolevel 4 mission runner you dont use smartboms, I dare to say that 99.99 % that do level 4 missions dont. And no they will not risk a ship worth 1b - 30 Bil Isk to kill one that salavge your loot.

Yes, they may threaten you etc, bait you to pick up their loot (Then they can kill you without the Police killing them).  "Pros" whould just let you do it, even if they hate you for it.

My point is that you can Plex (play free) after just 5 days of training. 

Why dont do mission yourself?

- The reason is that you can fit a Battlecruiser just for Salvaging and NOT fighting giving you 30X faster than if you do it in a combat ship.  

- And when you are a noob your combat skills are not that great.

And YES... You do it until you can do level 4 missions your self, or wanna do other things in EVE.  and Play for Free

I used to have two accounts and when running level 4 missions, I'd have a little glass cannon frigate nearby. I suicided many ninja salvers.

Was it worth it? isk wise helll no. But it was worth it for the trash talk.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga