Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Areas (quest packs) to buy

If you had Moria expansion.

What would be best , most optimal areas to buy , to carry lvl 1 character all towards Moria ?

Comments

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

that question is answered - in a lot of detail - on this site.  just look up leveling guides and F2P guides.  really greate site, well laid out and easy to find info.

http://lotro.mmorsel.com/

It depends on how much you play and how many alts you plan to have and whether you want to experience a lot of the game or just "get to moria" and play the high level game.

Lone-Lands is a no-brainer.  It's cheap and it gets you to 32, if not 35.  

If you want to explore, get North Downs, if you just want to move along, it's not required given Lone-lands.

Evendim is a great zone for getting to 40, plus it has some level 50 instances, so it should be a good buy.

Again, if you want to explore, get both Evendim and Trollshaws, if you just want to "get there", just get Evendim and skip Trollshaws.

After you're 40, you should get Angmar, which'll take you to 50.  If you want to explore and do more, get the other zones (Misty Mountains, Forochel).

Personally, what I'd advise is subscribing for at least 1 month (although 3 is a better deal).  The way I would do it is:

1.  Get to 20.

2.  Buy Lone-Lands.

3.  Get to 25-30.

4.  Subscribe for a month and do:   North Downs, Evendim, Trollshaws, Misty Mountains, Forochel

5.  You'll be 42-48 at this point.

6.  Buy Angmar.  Get to 50.

7.  Welcome to Moria.

I'm doing something like this now (except instead of subbing, i bought moria box and got a free month).  I went from 28 through NOrth Downs, Evendim, Trollshaws and Misty in my free month.  I'm now 43 and about halfway through Misty.  

I'm enjoying all the zones and while I have enough points for Angmar, I don't want to miss out on some of the other stuff.  So I've now subbed for 3 months - this'll give me a chance to see Angmar and Forochel and rest of MIsty as well as give me another 1500 points, which will allow me to buy Mirkwood and any future content.

p.s. i think i may have left out one of the zones...

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Ok...

Considering you dont subscribe.

Lonelands 20-30 ,  Angmar 40-50

You need something between. Its not optimal.

On other hand. Evendim brings you from 27-40. Than Angmar from 40-50

Also my impression is that North Downs have arguably more quests than Lone Lands ?

There is also question of quest quality , even zone quality.

Evendim is boring, Misty mountains (except goblin town) are just bad, Angmar is horrible.

While Trollshaws and Forochel are excelent.

I am kind of split between Lone lands and Northdowns too. Kind of think that Northdowns are better looking area. Except Hilltop naturally.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Ok...

Considering you dont subscribe.

Lonelands 20-30 ,  Angmar 40-50

You need something between. Its not optimal.

On other hand. Evendim brings you from 27-40. Than Angmar from 40-50

Also my impression is that North Downs have arguably more quests than Lone Lands ?

Evendim is boring, Misty mountains (except goblin town) are just bad, Angmar is horrible.

I am kind of split between Lone lands and Northdowns too. Kind of think that Northdowns are better looking area. Except Hilltop naturally.

Isn't LL like 50 TP in the US now? Thats pretty much a no brainer ... Also Evendim has maybe 5 quests at level 28, then it makes a jump to level 33, then another to 36-38. I tried leveling in it with my new RK, and there really doesn't seem to be much below 30, certainly not enough for several levels.

I would probably do LL to 33-35(the whole agamaur instances and quests just start with 30), then buy Trollshaws and then angmar. If you want to save points omit trollshaws and do skirmishes and instances to 40. I would take angmar because it starts earlier and has more content than MM imho, not sure MM would take you to 50 on its own.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

It's a matter of taste really.   I disliked Trollshaws and loved Evendim.  

LL is indeed a non-brainer at 50TP, so it's not a matter of getting LL or ND, but of whether you want ND on top of LL.  

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by arieste

It's a matter of taste really.   I disliked Trollshaws and loved Evendim.  

LL is indeed a non-brainer at 50TP, so it's not a matter of getting LL or ND, but of whether you want ND on top of LL.  

Heh Trollshaws and Evendim are my 2 most hated zones in the game. I like MM and Angmar :)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd