Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Online: Survivor Guy: Mortal Online Edition

Comments

• playerpianoplayerpiano Member Posts: 1

i'm sorry, i've never posted here before, but i feel that i must say something in regards to mortal online. as someone who has been involved with this game since early beta, i have to be completely honest here: this game is an absolute abortion. the fact that anyone would give this game a positive review smacks of payoff. everything about this game is broken or just plain awful, especially the combat (which is at the heart of this game). unless you enjoy pvp'ing ad nauseum and hacking at trees for hours on end, there is absolutely nothing in this game to do, period. there is zero pve, and there is no real point to the pvp in the game anyway as there is no territory to control or trade to monopolize. the only people who defend this game are the few rabid fanboys who hold on to a false belief that this game will get better. believe me, it won't. there is no one playing this game whatsoever, the population is abysmal and is steadily declining. if starvault is still in business in 6 more months i'd be shocked. it still feels like an early beta, it still has all the bugs of an early beta, and yet this sham of a company continues to charge to play this game. i wouldn't play this game right now if it was f2p. i know you have no reason to, but just trust me on this, stay away from this game.

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

I do not know, I am coming up on my month re-sub and seriously considering doing another month. Recent patch fixed some sounds, my tame and smoothed out some lag issues. Without a good clan I would have left a long time ago and as a normal solo player, I would say get into a clan. The community is much better than...another similar game I came from where the Euro's speak in dark ages sentences, very neat. I have experienced server crash X3 perday as I play and the combat is not as smooth as...other games but the babes are much more...spiritual in behavior and the cap on levels is a plus for us noobed.

• ozman1213ozman1213 Member UncommonPosts: 15

Originally posted by playerpiano

this game is an absolute abortion. the fact that anyone would give this game a positive review smacks of payoff. 

I really don't agree with most of your points but i just wanted to say, do you really think Starvault has the money to do things like this? Also i would like to ask if some of you could just stop it, you've been here way too long to just dislike the game, some of you seem to actually hate it. If you don't like the games, by all means don't play it but can you please stop posting on everything related to the game about how bad it is and stop with your crusade to see the game fail.

• shakermaker0shakermaker0 Member UncommonPosts: 194

Given the rumours of Star Vaults current financial situation, I would question exactly what they would pay a 20 year old idiot like me? Candy? Sexual favours? Hugs? 

• KraossKraoss Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by shakermaker0

Given the rumours of Star Vaults current financial situation, I would question exactly what they would pay a 20 year old idiot like me? Candy? Sexual favours? Hugs? 

Was a fun read, and appreciate the time you took writing it.

PS, Is the check in the mail?

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

A very fun read.  Had me smiling several times. 

• Mr.AwwsomeMr.Awwsome Member Posts: 48

AHAHAHAHA! ROFL!...whew....hehe..I almost died reading this. Spot on with the description of the game.

Talking bout the issues..and keepin it funky.

• KuvajokeriKuvajokeri Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by playerpiano

i'm sorry, i've never posted here before, but i feel that i must say something in regards to mortal online. as someone who has been involved with this game since early beta, i have to be completely honest here: this game is an absolute abortion. the fact that anyone would give this game a positive review smacks of payoff. everything about this game is broken or just plain awful, especially the combat (which is at the heart of this game). unless you enjoy pvp'ing ad nauseum and hacking at trees for hours on end, there is absolutely nothing in this game to do, period. there is zero pve, and there is no real point to the pvp in the game anyway as there is no territory to control or trade to monopolize. the only people who defend this game are the few rabid fanboys who hold on to a false belief that this game will get better. believe me, it won't. there is no one playing this game whatsoever, the population is abysmal and is steadily declining. if starvault is still in business in 6 more months i'd be shocked. it still feels like an early beta, it still has all the bugs of an early beta, and yet this sham of a company continues to charge to play this game. i wouldn't play this game right now if it was f2p. i know you have no reason to, but just trust me on this, stay away from this game.

I don't really think it sounds like a payoff at all, for his experience sounded very much like my own when I tried the game in it's beta stage. Notice that he is a new player and the chances are he actually didn't run into any great bugs yet, I hadn't ran into any either at the same stage.

Anyway, the article was a fine read and as I said, I feel your starting experience was very similar to mine, except I think I checked the movement unlocking key from the keymapping menu and didn't need to look for it over the internet. I, however, didn't buy the game when it came out because my friends invited me to play an another game, so I don't have any experience of the game past the normal starting activities. I've been reading a lot about the game, especially the stuff the bashers write about it, but I doubt all they say is true for I've seen such a number of game's I've considered to be good to get bashed down on these forums.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Originally posted by xBludx

Originally posted by mCalvert

If only playing MO were as fun as reading about it.

True from my experience. This is a good read. I guess we don't talk about technical issues here?

Said at the beginning this guy only talks about game breaking issues that interrupt his game experience. So one can deduce he experienced none.

• Micro_angelMicro_angel Member UncommonPosts: 87

good read, very funny

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

While the article was entertaining it makes one wonder... 

- Why did you decide to submit this now? The games been out for months and it just happens to be published on the same day as SVs less than stellar 3Q report.   I love the concept of MO, but the timing and total disregard for issues is frankly suspect.  Theres mention of a coming "review" yet current issues are overlooked/ pending.  I feel reviewers should be advocates for players.  With SVs stated plans for expanded viral marketing, well.... As a "noob" you didn't take those screenshots.

I win!!! LOL@U

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Great story, shitty game. You shoul become a writer instead.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • shortguy59shortguy59 Member UncommonPosts: 6

for a Survivor Guy your not doing to well at the surviving part :P Good Read btw keep up the good work

• shakermaker0shakermaker0 Member UncommonPosts: 194

Originally posted by HanoverZ

- Why did you decide to submit this now? The games been out for months and it just happens to be published on the same day as SVs less than stellar 3Q report.   I love the concept of MO, but the timing and total disregard for issues is frankly suspect.  Theres mention of a coming "review" yet current issues are overlooked/ pending.  I feel reviewers should be advocates for players.  With SVs stated plans for expanded viral marketing, well.... As a "noob" you didn't take those screenshots.

Why have I finally submitted this article? Simply because I have just got around to playing the game. I have recently got a new PC and finally have a machine that can run the game. The conspiracy that this is some sort of viral marketing for MO is nonsense. You have just pointed out that their Q3 report isn't looking good - why then would they throw money at someone like me? To be honest I'm flattered that you think I'm worthy of dev's using me as some sort of wordsmith but it isn't true.

As I have stated time and time again, when a bug interferes with my play it will be reported. Understanding that the game is a little rough I can take a couple of bugs and glitches - the moment I can't play because of something then it will be reported. Also there is a review coming and trust me I am a gamer first and it will be an honest and fair appraisal. 

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

ROFLMAO. It´s quite insane how some peeps here, can pull  a rabbit out of any hat to throw poo at MO every chance they get. Then even to think this guy is paid to write for SV so, well, stupid, that I can´t find words. You guys that come here like a monkey with your own doodoo in your hands, need to gets yourself a life. Maybe it´s YOU guys that are paid to backtalk MO whenever you get a chance... That´s more likely seen to how dedicated some are to put SV in a bad spot. I´m just your average Joe and I enjoy MO with bugs and PK-clans like Myrm all over the place.  I take these bugs etc everyday before a lame ass dungeon in WoW etc. And when SV gets MO to a point when they are happy with it, MO WILL move mountains in the MMO world. Mark my words.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

I win!!! LOL@U

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

i dont think SV are to concerned with new subs at the moment, granted the company is reaching an all time low interms of active members. But they know the game is not ready for a media push. Thats why there has been silence since the failure but unfortunatly had to happen early launch. These time when the media push happens the game will be ready for it.

Joining the game now isnt gonig to be a user friendly experience. I would suggest people wait for the next media push before considering purchasing the game if they havent already played. For those who quit to return at a later date that would probably be the best time to return.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

Originally posted by username509

I suggest looking through the history of some these threads posters.  Just click on there username and read through there old posts.  Some people seem to have there own personal crusade against this game.

Yeah, I also suggest to check history of some of the posters here saying it's all roses and rainbows.

I thought the article was pretty funny, however I don't see it adding many new subs. It's one random guy's first impressions, sure, it's a news worthy topic to MMORPG.com, but that doesn't really mean anything in the long run.

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

I can't believe that no one mentioned that the reviewer got PVP killed  when he was at his computer, then went back for "payback" by killing AFK people who hadn't done anything to him.

Is it possible to have a PVP game without it being a PVP centric game, or are people just too juvenile?

• AlexisfireAlexisfire Member Posts: 52

Great article! Waiting the next :)

• maharetmaharet Member Posts: 115

"There is sweat on my brow and blood on my hands. Behind me are the unmistakable sounds of horse’s hooves and the angry patter of running-feet. An arrow whizzes past my left cheek and shatters into a tree trunk. I am not running quick enough; my stamina is running low and my combatants know this. My pace stalls, breathless and aching from pursuit I slowly but surely come to a fearful halt. Before you could say ‘retribution’ my head is parted from my neck and three fellows are digging into what remains of my corpse. Apparently in Mortal Online a posse of angry players will form if you spend the majority of your time murdering and stealing things. Who knew?"

Sir may I ask what game you are playing.  Because in MO you rarely hear horse hooves.  And you can not see or feel an arrow flying past your face, or :thud: into a tree.  I wish MO had those mechanics.

• zabTHzabTH Member UncommonPosts: 35

Originally posted by grimfall

I can't believe that no one mentioned that the reviewer got PVP killed  when he was at his computer, then went back for "payback" by killing AFK people who hadn't done anything to him.

Is it possible to have a PVP game without it being a PVP centric game, or are people just too juvenile?

That's called revenge.

Great review, but is Mortal Online really a title worth being listed on MMORPG? I remember at one time there was another game (think it was this one) that was pretty much blacklisted from the site thanks to the way it lied and deceived the playerbase.

Nice review nonetheless, thankfully I no longer have a 'gaming rig' so you can't cajole me into buying this one Mr. Tingle.. ha ha ha. Although, based on the content of this review....

I am tempted.

• alazyguyalazyguy Member UncommonPosts: 92

Originally posted by zabTH

Originally posted by grimfall

That's called revenge.

Great review, but is Mortal Online really a title worth being listed on MMORPG? I remember at one time there was another game (think it was this one) that was pretty much blacklisted from the site thanks to the way it lied and deceived the playerbase.

Nice review nonetheless, thankfully I no longer have a 'gaming rig' so you can't cajole me into buying this one Mr. Tingle.. ha ha ha. Although, based on the content of this review....

I am tempted.

It's not revenge when you're killing people who hasn't done anything to you.  :p

It's called a vicious cycle.  :)

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

Any word on the next installment of Mortal Online survivor guy?

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• dlunasdlunas Member UncommonPosts: 206

Originally posted by Lahuzer

ROFLMAO. It´s quite insane how some peeps here, can pull  a rabbit out of any hat to throw poo at MO every chance they get. Then even to think this guy is paid to write for SV so, well, stupid, that I can´t find words. You guys that come here like a monkey with your own doodoo in your hands, need to gets yourself a life. Maybe it´s YOU guys that are paid to backtalk MO whenever you get a chance... That´s more likely seen to how dedicated some are to put SV in a bad spot. I´m just your average Joe and I enjoy MO with bugs and PK-clans like Myrm all over the place.  I take these bugs etc everyday before a lame ass dungeon in WoW etc. And when SV gets MO to a point when they are happy with it, MO WILL move mountains in the MMO world. Mark my words.

Consider them marked.  However, it's possible that the biggest mark MO makes is letting indie devs like me with no cash learn from their mistakes.  In that I thank them.