Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow

Im sorry, I know its game breaking and all, But why would you play a mmorpg on your cell phone when you cna just play one on your computer, Or, Dust off the game boy, and play that.  I mean seriously, your phone bills gonna SKYROCKET.  I know its all groundbreaking and all, But wtf?

How can you even play a mmorpg on a cell phone?  YAY!  My 3 pixel sword went to 4 pixels!  Uh wait, Is that a sword?  Looks like a stick to me.

-------------------------

Comments

• WeareweareWeareweare Member UncommonPosts: 195
    haha i completely agree. basically its not worth the phone bill charge. Cool idea though

• therock3000therock3000 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    well this might come in handy for a person thats rich and a geek... someone like Bill Gates!    but i really think most rich geeks would play it. but then again a teenager at high school would be using their cell phone a lot.. not much boys bring their psp because of stealing.. so i guess havin a cell phone around at school is quite the only entertainment item. any more ideas?
  • StereotaxicStereotaxic Member Posts: 18
    Alot of you are saying things about "phone bills" etc. That would be true, if your phone did not have say, bluetooth, or if you did not have unlimited internet access with your service provider.

I have a cell phone, which I use to go on the internet, to check email, browse the net, etc. I also have a plan that includes unlimited internet browsing. $5 a month, and I can go on the internet as often as I need. If my phone were blutooth, I could even use it with a PC that is configured with bluetooth, to browse the internet on that as well, but thats not really practical. But then again, if you did have bluetooth on your cellphone, and your computer, or maybe even network capability with your cell, you could have unlimited access.

I don't know anything about this game, but you are saying that you would get a huge phone bill. I just thought I'd point that out for you, that alot of people actually have the ability to have unlimited access to the internet, using their cellphone.
  • DelfolioDelfolio Member Posts: 21

yay!! you......................

Ask your mom to get this for you.

• broundingbrounding Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by Stereotaxic

Alot of you are saying things about "phone bills" etc. That would be true, if your phone did not have say, bluetooth, or if you did not have unlimited internet access with your service provider.

I have a cell phone, which I use to go on the internet, to check email, browse the net, etc. I also have a plan that includes unlimited internet browsing. $5 a month, and I can go on the internet as often as I need. If my phone were blutooth, I could even use it with a PC that is configured with bluetooth, to browse the internet on that as well, but thats not really practical. But then again, if you did have bluetooth on your cellphone, and your computer, or maybe even network capability with your cell, you could have unlimited access.

I don't know anything about this game, but you are saying that you would get a huge phone bill. I just thought I'd point that out for you, that alot of people actually have the ability to have unlimited access to the internet, using their cellphone.
    If you have a nearby PC that you can connect to with bluetooth and browse the internet on your cell, why dont you just browse with the PC?

I tend to favor technology advancements but I saw this and I thought... wtf?  Seriously. This is great for people who can not afford a computer to play games but have a cell phone, but for anyone else who has a computer, play the games on that.  I'm just not a big fan of cramming too many functions onto or into a device.  Let the cell phone be a cell phone.  I don't want my cell phone to be my gaming device and my digital camera and my <insert more functions that other device do better>.  Thats just me though.

• foulu625foulu625 Member Posts: 177
    Originally posted by Stereotaxic

Bluetooth doesn't mean you can connect to the internet for free. Also, the internet you speak of is programmed differently than the internet you see on your computer. I'm drawing a blank on the exact term, but it basically means it's watered down. I have a motorola Q and it costs 40 dollars a month to access the internet unlimited, the internet you see on your computer as the Q is a "smart"phone and even has windows. Personally I think it's a piece of crap and I can't wait to get rid of it, but that's a whole different story.

Back to the bluetooth, all that means is that you can connect to a computer or other bluetooth devices. You cannot use either to give the other the internet either. I was fed that line by the person that sold me the phone at Best Buy, when I asked him to demonstrate he just kind of looked around as if he was going to explode if he didn't see something green in the next 5 minutes. While the idea for this is interesting, until phone technology improves and WiFi becomes hugely popular this is just a futile attempt.
  • deplorabledeplorable Member Posts: 418

wo0o i just got a new weapon, instead of a 2 brown pixels i get a green pixel.. i'm awesome i pawn

oh wait that's the grass, my bad  

• stv182stv182 Member Posts: 46
    I don't know where you people are from but in the US all the phone carriers have unlimited internet plans where you pay a lump sum a month like $20 for unlimited internet access so a game like this would actually be free. I would never pay this fee just to play this game but I consider it one of the perks of unlimited internet access.

As far as a response to the original post. When you get older and have a job and responsibilities, you normally have to travel to your job so you cant sit at home and choose to play mmorpg's all day. This is when it is nice to have a mobile mmorpg to take with you on the bus on a long commute home from work.

And before you make fun of graphics try to realize it's not always about graphics. It's about gameplay. Just because it is 3d does not make it good. Look at the old Final Fantasy 2 and its poor sprite graphics. This game was far superior to many of todays high polygon flashy crap 3d games.
  • PandraxPandrax Member UncommonPosts: 341
    I could see myself playing a game on my cellphone, but I doubt i'd have the time or willpower to stare at a 1x1 inch screen while attempting to play an mmo. I just don't see a lot of people going through the trouble, though I could be wrong.

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• jay8378jay8378 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Got 3 letters fer ya PDA. I have sprints unlimited data plan with the audiovox ppc6700. its the real web NOT watered down and its 356kbps EVDO for only 15.99 a month . Its the real deal, I can ssh into my home pc watch cable tv thru orb (when i used windows.) I even play 3d games. AND I AM FROM KENTUCKY!!!!!!! you guys must be in some BFE, or u just dont know your facts. learn a little bit b4 you make arrogant posts like this.

P.s. Tibia has done this same thing.  http://www.tibiame.com/home/

i think it rocks. now i can be a mmo addict everywhere

Originally posted by jay8378

Got 3 letters fer ya PDA. I have sprints unlimited data plan with the audiovox ppc6700. its the real web NOT watered down and its 356kbps EVDO for only 15.99 a month . Its the real deal, I can ssh into my home pc watch cable tv thru orb (when i used windows.) I even play 3d games. AND I AM FROM KENTUCKY!!!!!!! you guys must be in some BFE, or u just dont know your facts. learn a little bit b4 you make arrogant posts like this.

Hmm, How is it  arrogant of us to state our opinion on the usage of cellphones, yet you're doing the same thing. There is one thing you should really think about before you go around telling everyone their wrong. Cellphones like the ones you described are easily available and usually very cheap. PDA's on the other hand are rather expensive with higher charging rates.

You wont see very many teenagers or adults for that matter with a PDA or even a cellphone capable of playing online games such as this. Most people don't even look at PDA's unless they have a reason to, such as work. The only people I know who actually use them are my friends who often travel long distances for their company and are not able to be at work to do certain jobs.

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• jay8378jay8378 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Originally posted by pandrax

Originally posted by jay8378

Hmm, How is it  arrogant of us to state our opinion on the usage of cellphones, yet you're doing the same thing. There is one thing you should really think about before you go around telling everyone their wrong. Cellphones like the ones you described are easily available and usually very cheap. PDA's on the other hand are rather expensive with higher charging rates.

You wont see very many teenagers or adults for that matter with a PDA or even a cellphone capable of playing online games such as this. Most people don't even look at PDA's unless they have a reason to, such as work. The only people I know who actually use them are my friends who often travel long distances for their company and are not able to be at work to do certain jobs.

Ok maybe i used the wrong word. Not about stating an opinion, but about assuming how the monthly bill will skyrocket. When many service providers have unlimited data for a low monthly fee.

My PDA cost me the same billing rate as my old cell phone, so you are wrong there. This game can run on ANY phone that is enabled for java. Which is just about every color phone i've had.

Yes the actual device did cost me more than my regular cell phone's, but ic all kinds of kids with sidekicks and such. All it takes is 40hrs at a low pay job to get one like mine. Its not that bad really. if you are like most kids you have no bills, you are free to make a purchase like this.

off topic but

i just found this mmorpg for a pda. it  looks bad ass! its called Shadow of ledgend www.shadowoflegend.com/web/screenshot.aspx

I cant wait to try this at work

yeah I can understand how some pda's can be of pretty decent price, but most people won't buy them unless they have a real use for them, that is just from my experiences though. I guess it all comes down to who  has the capability and knowledge of the games at question to really utilize this new way of gaming and hopefully bring it to a more mainstream way of thinking.

I know I wouldn't mind having an online game such as this one to keep me company while I travel, or just not able to get on my computer. It is a very good idea and I think once this game is more recognized, there might be more demand for ones such as this and tibia to be made for this style of new age gaming.

Either way, I look forward to seeing how companies take this technology and push it to new levels and get it into as many hands as possible.

~ ~

• dark2nightdark2night Member Posts: 6
    As a pc tech who has repaired both PDA's and mobile phones, I'm just wondering on the power consumption levels of using your PDA as a games machine. Is it higher than before you used it as one?

Boys and Girls,
    Come out to play,
    On a busy motor way.

• corpse26corpse26 Member Posts: 1

<p>Nyahahaha! Am one of RHYNN players here in Philippines, we dnt pay stupid bills on playing like this one. We luv to hack network =)</p>
    <p>-pinoi rulez-</p>

-unknown_corpse-

• preston326preston326 Member UncommonPosts: 115

I used to play Rhynn on my phone. First of all I very often use mobile internet when Im away from PC. I browse net thro my mobile when im on a bus, in bed, during boring lectures and so on. 1GB cost only 1$ per month so my bills defenetely dont go skyrocket. For mobile internet 1gb is A LOT. And again its fun little game to play when you wait for someone or you just plain bored. And its not as crappy as you tjink it is. Its not that I dont have good PC its more like... why do people play farmville? Not because they are geeks or dont have good PCs, its just fun little game to play.

• en_rageen_rage Member Posts: 1

at first glance i thought this was a java verison of shade  (cgshade.com a wap 1.1 based mmorg for nextel, boost, verizon, at&t, t-moble back in the day...errr its hay day 2004ish) it had a extreamly crapy graphic, slow responds time, no real management except back when grimm and chaos owned it before they sold it to capcom/crapcom. odd though, dispite all that games flaws it was moble, had a easy to read/access/use chat system,and above all  it was a serious challenge with pve and pvp. not to mention the "server demon" slayed many great hunters in that game which just added to the fear/excitment. the secerts in that game were well thought out, and well... how can i put this, amazing,addicting,epic... it was a eye opener and was missed by so many when they just gave up on it. to bad, for a moment... i actually had my hopes up.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Please do not necro post in old threads. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.