Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battleground Europe: WWII Online: French Infantry Models

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In the latest Battleground Europe: WWII Online developer blog hosted here at MMORPG.com, Cornered Rat Software's Al "RAFTER" Corey talks about the new French Infantry Models. These will go live when the "third person infantry update" arrives. Be sure to swing by to take a look at the new models.

The French trooper is the last of three base infantry models needed to complete the set. We spent a lot of extra time on the coat to ensure it followed the historical standard but worked with the particular challenges of model/mesh deformation during various states and animations. We're really pleased with the results.

Read more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• I find it funny that they have a game called WWII Online. First, that they have an online game period about World War 2 and that they gave it such a generic name. (I know it was originally called Battlefield: Europe, but it's still kinda funny)

Buut nonsensical rants aside, the game is actually really fun, so I can't wait to for this new update.

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

When they add the Union that made an end to the war, then i'm going to play this.

• IkonicIkonic Member UncommonPosts: 310

They only coded 1 emote for the French soldier,  /surrender

• gonemad321gonemad321 Member Posts: 9

Ahahaha! Ikonic, you sir...made my day :D

• VidharrVidharr Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by misterbeefy

I find it funny that they have a game called WWII Online. First, that they have an online game period about World War 2 and that they gave it such a generic name. (I know it was originally called Battlefield: Europe, but it's still kinda funny)

Buut nonsensical rants aside, the game is actually really fun, so I can't wait to for this new update.

Actually the game is NOW called Battleground: Europe, but was originally World War II Online.  You're making fun of the name and time period, but *bar none* this is THE most intense pvp game EVER done.  The longest shot anybody makes in most shooters online is about 600 meters tops due to map size and visibility...but in WW2O (easier acronym) you have visibility on the ground of up to 6km or 6000 meters.  The map isn't 600-1000 meters total, but is 1:2 scale of WESTERN EUROPE.  Good snipers in the game will hit you at 800 meters, great ones will hit you at over 1000.  If you're unlucky enough to be seen by a great tank gunner you'll get taken out at 1500 meters or more, and don't even be caught in the open on the coast by an enemy destroyer.  This is the best combat game ever done, and someday, when the PC hardware catches up, it will also have the graphics that some people think are so important.

Regardless of the designation, as long as that aircraft is assigned to drop things in the dirt, it's a target, not a fighter. - Robert Shaw, "Fighter Combat: Tactics and Maneuvering"

• WrongwayWrongway Member Posts: 2

This game really is the only of its kind and after EIGHT years of playing, I stil love the ever-evolving game, the community, and the developers.  There are those that passionately complain about WWIIOL, but everyone who has played, past and present, find something to love.

WW

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

This game is awsome & Vidaharr you are correct, I have the "World War II online" big box still in my closet that I bought back in '99 from EB games

• WardropWardrop Member Posts: 462

I still cant get over the question of why they raised the sub price 2 bucks over the the normal going rate of any mmo out today to $17.99...

And yes i know you get a discount if sub for 3 months...

• Smithy021Smithy021 Member Posts: 41

Originally posted by Wardrop

I still cant get over the question of why they raised the sub price 2 bucks over the the normal going rate of any mmo out today to $17.99...

And yes i know you get a discount if sub for 3 months...

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

@Ikonic and they only coded 1 emote for the American soldier,  /torture