Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Account Entitlements Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Warhammer Online team and Bioware Mythic have announced a series of 'premium' items that account holders can purchase. Included in the account entitlements are starter mounts, server transfers and a specialized training pack that allows characters to advance a full level when used. Entitlements run from $4.99-19.99 USD and can be purchased from the EA Store.

• Starter Mount Pack – $8.99 USD, all characters on an account will receive a deed to obtain a mount usable at level 2 giving players a 25% speed boost and have a 100% chance to dismount upon damage.

• Trusty Mount Pack – $9.99 USD, all characters on an account will receive a deed to obtain your choice of a new mount usable at level 20 giving players mounts of up to 60% speed boost and have a 55% chance to dismount upon damage

• Trinkets of the World Pack – $4.99 USD, all characters on an account will receive two tokens to spend at the new Trophy Vendor in the capital cities. Each token can be used to purchase one of 14 different trophies.

Read the full list of entitlements and be sure to check out the entitlements FAQ.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

This sounds like it's on the verge of going Free-to-play with a cash shop.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

A move which would be a good idea I think.  The game is very casual and is great for quick sessions of pvp.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Anyone want to bet this is a testing ground for RMT to be used in SWTOR?

Originally posted by Ceridith

I personally could care less if RMT becomes standard. As long as other options are still available, much like Turbine has done with LOTRO. As long as I can sub to the game to get all the content then I'll be happy. What someone else buys with their own money isn't any of my business.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Originally posted by elocke

I personally could care less if RMT becomes standard. As long as other options are still available, much like Turbine has done with LOTRO. As long as I can sub to the game to get all the content then I'll be happy. What someone else buys with their own money isn't any of my business.

I totally agree! It's all good if there are options that make everyone (or most people anyway) happy. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• jawalijawali Member UncommonPosts: 195

maybe just change it to f2p with cs?

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

How can anyone trust this game with your credit card details you might find multiple charges of this cash shop on your next credit card bill.

Chamber of Chains

Therin lies the problem. You're paying your sub and not getting all of the content.

Vanity items or not, item mall exclusive items means that they are excludeding content from their subscribers.

If there was a F2P option where you could pick and choose to purchase vanity items, but subscribers automatically had any and all of the same vanity items already unlocked for them it would be a different story, and honestly it would truly be the most 'choice' for all players. But that's not how things are, because developers would rather be greedy and double-dip their customers.

• ThalariusThalarius Member Posts: 125

They must be getting desperate with the recent losses of subscribers majority of them casual PVE and PVP and leaving the hard core pvp players there playing.

My guild that was playing with on WAR voted to remove thier entire membership of 500 players many of them hard core pvp players from WAR due to lot of pvp players being caught using exploits and cheats to get ahead in the game during RVR battles.  (both Order and Destro)

Am glad I quit WAR months ago. 

This cash shop idea is a desperate plea by Mythic to keep the servers open. Seems devs refuses to learn from thier mistakes, or see that pvp players have a tendency of cheating and using exploits to get ahead.

The cheating and exploits that pvp players uses give a very bad reputation and gives the impression that everyone that pvp's is a cheater and exploiter.  (which may explain why Bioware (SWTOR) has been leaning at least from reading the forums more to PVE Storyline and making RVR optional to totally seperate from the main storyline). 

• AlanthusAlanthus Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by Paragus1

This sounds like it's on the verge of going Free-to-play with a cash shop.

Maybe, right now the idea is to wring out as much cash from the last remaining subscribers as possible before they close down or do something like free to play.

• RamblebrainRamblebrain Member Posts: 52

Originally posted by Thalarius

They must be getting desperate with the recent losses of subscribers majority of them casual PVE and PVP and leaving the hard core pvp players there playing.

My guild that was playing with on WAR voted to remove thier entire membership of 500 players many of them hard core pvp players from WAR due to lot of pvp players being caught using exploits and cheats to get ahead in the game during RVR battles.  (both Order and Destro)

Am glad I quit WAR months ago. 

This cash shop idea is a desperate plea by Mythic to keep the servers open. Seems devs refuses to learn from thier mistakes, or see that pvp players have a tendency of cheating and using exploits to get ahead.

The cheating and exploits that pvp players uses give a very bad reputation and gives the impression that everyone that pvp's is a cheater and exploiter.  (which may explain why Bioware (SWTOR) has been leaning at least from reading the forums more to PVE Storyline and making RVR optional to totally seperate from the main storyline). 

Source of "recent losses of subscribers"? Source claming what kind of player?

What guild? Got a public statement supporting your claim? With a guild of 500 people and they all decide to cancel their membership, im sure you can find something written about it (not by yourself of course)

What cheats? Got any source on this?

I have yet to see anything looking like a cheat or hack. Though im sure you can find some sort of information, not written by yourself, describing this cheat or these cheats. Where is this official report on people getting caught? We all know only a fool would go by anything but the official sources on these matters.

What you heard or what you figured out is not a source.

Im sure Bioware has more reasons than people cheating in pvp to make it optional in their game.

I spoke to some guildies about this in the game last night. They're so naive going on about "im gonna get the advanced mount and then maybe some more when i get more cash!" ......

We already pay a subscription that you would think would give you the mount. It's a little bit faster and in the big picture, it IS pay to win. Some people cant see or comprehend this, just like some cant run fast or talk smooth. A servertransfer, IF they dont have an easy system for it, maybe having to do several things and doublecheck so everything went right, THAT i can understand if they charge for. A mount, changing 2 numbers in a spreadsheet, when you already pay for a subscription, THAT is NOT right. They said it was a part of the expansion, you could pick your parts. What a mighty expansion, and how much will the other stuff cost? If you want it all, which would be a sensible thing, being a subscriber, how much will you have to pay? A year worth of subscription, two years?

How much does usually an expansion cost?

If P2P is like your doctor giving you painkillers, F2P is like the dealer on the corner.

As always, MMO's (and the forums) are a great way to study sociology. I've been following this forum for some time, but only joined today. It's like a soap opera. You have the corrupt writer, the member with the not-so-hidden agenda. The intellectually challenged, the bully, the troll and the ugly.

opps, when i wrote "they said it was a part of the expansion", i ment it was guildies saying this.

Also - canceled today. My money is where my mouth is. Shame though, i really liked that game.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

and i just subbed on monday....now the community is going to be even smaller.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

This hasn't made me question my resub and I could really care less.  Just my opinion though.

Steam: Neph

• HersaintHersaint Member UncommonPosts: 366

Yeah, this news turned me off as well. I was interested in coming back for the rat race and new RvR changes. Hope they succeed in making a game plenty of poeple enjoy.  Its simple not for me with the double dip into my funds and no improvement of RvR.

Oh well, waiting for GW2 now and playing the beta for Perpetuum.

• RymosRymos Member CommonPosts: 58

Really.... I love warhammer online but this is just bs. I was annoyed at how griffon mounts affected pvp and now we have mounts available at any level for the few who have money to waste! The tracts and the trinkets were the only good thing here, but I had when a game like Champions Online or Warhammer that requires a SUB, makes a cash shop.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Why does it matter if someone pays $10 for a mount or $10 to gain a level...I don't see much of an issue with this.

It does look like they will be moving to F2P though.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• FactFact Member UncommonPosts: 82

So levelling in WAR is really that tedious that they expect that people will pay $10 per level.

Way to say that your game is fun to play!

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

Originally posted by SBFord

I totally agree! It's all good if there are options that make everyone (or most people anyway) happy. :)

The issue I have with F2P is it changes game design on a basic level. A company is in business to make money, if it's a P2P game they have to retain subscribers. All the P2P games I play seem to focus on content and providing more, not just in the form of paid ex-pacs. All the F2P games I've played seem to focus on finding things we want badly and charging for them or providing things we need badly and charging for them. When you control the game you can control the demand for "needed" items. Sure the F2P games have content and it's "free" and smart devs release it regularly but the quality seems to lack. Heck, everyone excuses content, design and polish because it's a F2P game. I still can't fathom why people want this so badly. It costs more in the end and it shifts the design from content to store. (Yes you can argue content in the store is content.)

I have no problem charging for server moves or things of that nature.

Originally posted by Irishoak

The issue I have with F2P is it changes game design on a basic level. A company is in business to make money, if it's a P2P game they have to retain subscribers. All the P2P games I play seem to focus on content and providing more, not just in the form of paid ex-pacs. All the F2P games I've played seem to focus on finding things we want badly and charging for them or providing things we need badly and charging for them. When you control the game you can control the demand for "needed" items. Sure the F2P games have content and it's "free" and smart devs release it regularly but the quality seems to lack. Heck, everyone excuses content, design and polish because it's a F2P game. I still can't fathom why people want this so badly. It costs more in the end and it shifts the design from content to store. (Yes you can argue content in the store is content.)

I think you are still missing the point I tried to make. Without the option of a monthly sub, then yes, you have a point. But my thing is, do it like Turbine and keep all options on the table. The customer is who wins in that type of setup.

I think you are still missing the point I tried to make. Without the option of a monthly sub, then yes, you have a point. But my thing is, do it like Turbine and keep all options on the table. The customer is who wins in that type of setup.

Except, again, they don't.

Turbine for example, sells item mall exclusive items and bonuses, which are still 'restricted' to subscribers.

Yes, I'm aware subscribers get a stipend of item mall points each month to use, however it is still finite compared to the amount of items and bonuses sold in the item mall.

For example, Turbine still has incentive to make deeds extremely grindy to complete, because it's all the more reason for players to spend turbine cash on buying them rather than going through the ridiculous process of grinding them all out.

Turbine may be closer to the 'ideal' hybrid model than the majority of the competition, but they're still well within the position of being able to rig the game in their favor to milk customers beyond the subscription, which is why I will continue to avoid LOTRO like it's got the plague.

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

I was not aware I was addressing a point you made.

Also, it is way too early to assume a game that is F2P, with options tacked on, will continue down it's P2P path.  A bit presumptuous, even for speculation. There are distinct quality differences between F2P and P2P, the F2P is a better option that closed down. If Blizzard's next MMO is F2P you may be on to something...

• DreggerDregger Member Posts: 8

F2P warning. If they would give a part to charity I'd be more inclined to buy than just filling EA's coffer...

One item is the snotling heralds that give 3% movement increase. Even though they're more for vanity it's still disrespectful to the long-time subscribers not letting them have access to the full game anymore.

Oh well. When 40K releases I fear war will die so maybe they want to milk the cow so to speak...

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Originally posted by cheyane

How can anyone trust this game with your credit card details you might find multiple charges of this cash shop on your next credit card bill.

lol, too true.  If no one gets this, I think it is a reference to the event in which they decided/accidently charged peoples' credit cards multiple times for subscriptions.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.