Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 Hours in CBT.....

DismantledDismantled Member UncommonPosts: 121
Well I'm 2 hours into the close beta and all i can say is that if you liked the other games you'll like this. It's pretty much what you'd expect from a Dynasty Warriors MMO, which isn't a bad thing necessarily. I'm having fun at least.

Comments

• qweasd170qweasd170 Member Posts: 31

Really? I thought it might have been one of the worst MMOs I've played, but considering it's Dynasty Warriors, that's not saying much. I though Aeria would care a bit more about the games they publish, but oh well.

• Justley3Justley3 Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by qweasd170

Really? I thought it might have been one of the worst MMOs I've played, but considering it's Dynasty Warriors, that's not saying much. I though Aeria would care a bit more about the games they publish, but oh well.

Nice 1 troll. Can't you get more original?

I agree OP, Game is fun so far for being in "Closed Beta" That the douche troll, like the thousands of others, dont know what beta is and think its a final product or just bash because they dislike the title period as he made them both clear.

Gamer-4-Life

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Yeah, got CB invite. It's basically Dynasty Warriors you either love or hate, it's not gonna convert anyone.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • DismantledDismantled Member UncommonPosts: 121

I dont know about anyone else but I get major server lag and is making the game basically unplayable.

• SailorCallieSailorCallie Member UncommonPosts: 54

Originally posted by Methos12

Yeah, got CB invite. It's basically Dynasty Warriors you either love or hate, it's not gonna convert anyone.

So did I, downloaded said game, and begun playing. And you know what: Being a big-time Dynasty Warriors fan, I immediatly fell in love with DWO despite the occasional bugs, but that's closed beta.

Hopefully, when the time comes for the game to become open beta, both Tecmo Koei and Aeria Games will have their solutions implented into the OB and later the gold version of DWO.

• KriosisKriosis Member Posts: 345

Been a DW fan for many many years. It's incredibly fun, only problem I've ran into was while doing a mission I would lose connection and it would send me back to the login menu. It's only happened once while doing a quest, but I have to constantly log back in because I'm dc'd once the quest is finished. Other then that, It's what I expected from a DW game, fun mindless action.

• syndreamersyndreamer Member UncommonPosts: 43

Game is fun for about an hour, then you take a break and play a more in-depth MMO, then come back to DWO again to play. It's just like the PS2 versions of Dynasty Warriors and thats the nostalgia is there, hence why I play it as a diversion. Fun, mindless action and smacking players around. Game runs smoothly, even though the graphics are dated. Servers on the other hand, well anything run by Aeria is a fail since they're technology isn't quite up to par with other game companies. Expect a lot of disconnections and unscheduled maintenances. Also be prepared for the advent of bots in the Plaza area.

• SleepnirSleepnir Member Posts: 3

Hmm.  Game looks like a much uglier, slower, but open-world version of Vindictus.  With that same DW "everything must be as Chinese as possible in body, costume, and animation" thing goin on.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Game is a lot like the console games and fun, but the actual player base makes you realize why the game will probably be impossible to stick with..

Have to do the "guild only" or "elitist" routes to have any chance since random people is an AWFUL experience in each match/battle.    Once you realize there's almost zero variety in the game you realize that the only "goal" in the game is the rankings.

It's early, but stuff like more weapons, body guards, crafting, more cash shop stuff, etc., etc.,  isn't going to change the basics..

I guess if you like the idea of only playing for ratings, all the power to you, but that really is it when all is said and done.  Kind of sad really, have to lie to yourself and think "Well, I guess I could get a slightly better piece of gear or weapon..?" whenever you start the next battle almost.