Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMORPG company you wished you worked for (could take over)?

Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Name one mmo developer that you would love to work for. And if you did have a chance to take over what would you do? Who would you fire. Or would you just want a corner office to live out your geek dreams in. Time to make a choice and if possible give a reason for it.

Personally I'd love a small office with Blizzard. There is just something about that place that's callin my name. Check it out.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Comments

• RivalenRivalen Member Posts: 503

Only company i would pick over Blizzard is Google, and even then i would be very torn.

Even though i really dislike the trend they're taking with their last games...but i blame that mostly on Activision and what they brought to the table.

Close but just because i really like their ethics and vision would be Arena.net.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

This was actually a hard choice for me.. But I had to go with Sony. Why? Because my love for EQ.. the first installment and Vanguard, which I think had more potential than any game going.

I would have to say. If I could take over. I would stop working on EQ2. Move all my development team to my recently revieled project of Everquest Next... Which would use a  highly optimized  Vanguard type world design but with Norrath *prime* world.  I would  have to bring in an entirely NEW art team. Because EQ2 and Vanguard were both dull and uninspiring. *granted Vanguards world graphics could be nice some of the time*

I would not reviel anything about the game untill I knew for a fact it would make it in....

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

In before SOE and Brining back PRE-CPU SWG.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

I'd take a blowtorch to SOE.  Smed fired, NGE SWG gone, Pre-CU SWG back, and a free year for returning vets who canceled around November 15, 2005.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• RivalenRivalen Member Posts: 503

Originally posted by SgtFrog

In before SOE and Brining back PRE-CPU SWG.

You called it.

Wierd how roughly half the posts on this forum talk about SWG PRE-NGE.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Hard choice between Arenanet and blizzard, but in the end i would want a company that is willing to take risks aswell as taking the genre to new heights so arenanet it was.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

In before Blizzard to make WoW Sandbox MMORPG

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

I'd take over Blizzard simply for the opportunity to

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

Fine mods I'll rephrase what I said since you so kindly got rid of my ORIGINAL posting sheesh

*ahem*

I may or may not have worked in a semi non permanent permanent contract non contract temp non temp position or had no position at all at NCSoft when a certain game of no mention that had a specific theme to it was running.

I may or may not have wished to have the reigns or no reigns at all to make a better decision or not regarding a certain game of no mention that had a specific theme that may or may not have been running.

And with that I bid you all adieu ;)

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

Valve.

INB4 you say, "they're not an MMO company!"

They would be when I got done with them. Half-life Online FTMFW!

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

I've always wanted to do some design work for a video game company of just about any sort.

Really tho' I'd go right for Blizzard. Just because their graphic design department is probably one of the best out of any industry. Hate it or love it whatever. Technically they always go for gold.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Tough call between Blizzard, ANet and Turbine.

Blizzard because everything they touch becomes gold. Three highly successful franchises between WarCraft, StarCraft and Diablo.

ANet because they seem to have the innovative spirit behind their company. Willing to take chances to create something unique. GuildWars was unique for its time, and GW2 seems to be building on that.

Turbine to force them to quit screwing around with DDO and LotRO and get cracking on a new Asheron's Call game. Go back to the sandbox roots of Asheron's Call and blend in some of the unique things they had in Asheron's Call 2 (like Tumeroks who cast with drums or fling bees as weapons).

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Originally posted by Inktomi

Valve.

INB4 you say, "they're not an MMO company!"

They would be when I got done with them. Half-life Online FTMFW!

That's one world I would love to see grown into a mmo of some sort. Toss in some Portal style puzzles too.

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

ArenaNet

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

I would obviously pick the most profitable MMORPG company, so Blizzard it is.

NCsoft isn't bad.  But as far as I know, they pay crap for their korean developers.  Western game company typically pay their employ more.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

CCP is my choice. 

I'd make Eve Online damn near perfect. 

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

I have to say Funcom...

I love AoC...mainly because I love the lore, but I do love the game as well......but the subscribers know it could be so much better.  I'd take over Funcom just to make AoC what it should be.  Do A LOT of justice to Hyboria.

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Aside from the obvious "Blizzard so I could run it into the ground or use their funds to make a real MMO"

I'd pick Mythic.

Mythic is a shell of its former self, and I think I've got enough DAoC knowledge from when it was good to assemble a team to make DAoC 2 and put Mythic back on track. Get the backing of EA and so long as I'm the boss man, the programmers will actually be listening to a gamer who understands balance and what made DAoC Pre ToA a great experience. 

Or Turbine so I could overhaul Lord of the Rings Online and turn it back into Middle Earth Online, a sandbox game, and bring all my old MEO friends back to me. 

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

NCsoft simply put rehire the excellent  european staff they fired (idiots)

And instead of making new MMO´s rework City of heroes to be the best in the world !!

By retuning it into a themepark ride , with endgame . some more mature content .

Since sex sells and redo the damn boring grind missions .

(sorry am not a favor of under 18 mmo player , you need to earn money first before you get hooked)

edit = sorry forgot to mention , also remake Aion to none korean style of forced pvp .

First thing you do when you import a game from east to west , scrap the living on the edge and make a seperate pve server.

but maintain a PVP for those hardcore freaks and people who finally got there advangetage in exploring .

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772

I don't "believe" in any of them so no.

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Originally posted by Sabradin

I don't "believe" in any of them so no.

But it's a two-part question. Oh well you're probably the type of customer I would stay far, far away from.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• Benj4minBenj4min Member Posts: 23

I'd take over Jagex and give runescape some half decent graphics, similar to that of WOW

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

SoE and I'd make SWG2: an Old Game XP Hope and Vanguard2 Saga of Server Stability.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• GugisGugis Member Posts: 5

NCsoft. And i would make Lineage II greatest mmorpg ever using my brilliant ideas

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

I'd take over Blizzard so that I had the most money to invest in a good game.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA