Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most Populated F2P Korean MMORPG?

AdvancedTechAdvancedTech Member UncommonPosts: 165

Title says it all :)

Thanks.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Does it matter? Play what you like.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AdvancedTechAdvancedTech Member UncommonPosts: 165

Yes, it does matter. I like to play games with big communities. Thanks for the useless post though, no wonder you have 4k+ posts.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I was gonna answer you... but seeing how unnecessarily snarky you were just now, I'm not.

Guess it makes sense why I have 3k+ posts, eh?

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

Originally posted by GTwander

I was gonna answer you... but seeing how unnecessarily snarky you were just now, I'm not.

Guess it makes sense why I have 3k+ posts, eh?

His post was unnecessary too, but I guess since he's probably known around these forums it does not matter what he says.

Welcome to how cliques work.

Some forums we have here.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

but you're not well known so maybe it does matter what you say and trolling your own thread doesn't help anyone's opinion of you.

anyway. perfect world perhaps?

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

Originally posted by grunty

Does it matter? Play what you like.

Of course it matters to him otherwise he wouldn't be asking.

• ThrasherbillThrasherbill Member Posts: 26

Perfect world, Aika, Runes of magic, cabal, karos online, S.U.N. lol cant remember the rest right now but these have fairly decent communities......................................

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

my god pull the stick out people, he only asked a simple question.

as for the question, im not sure what one has the highest population. but i know Silk Road is very very populated, many servers but it also has many bots. but of course so do most of the korean F2P games.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Okay. If you want free, popular and korean then that would be Maplestory. Have fun.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Originally posted by DrunkWolf

my god pull the stick out people, he only asked a simple question.

Not gonna happen, it needs to be surgically removed at this point.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Someone said Perfect world but that is not a Korean game, it is from China.

I think it is "Runes of magic" that is most popular but Maple story is a good second guess.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by Loke666

I think it is "Runes of magic" that is most popular but Maple story is a good second guess.

Runes of Magic is a Taiwanese MMO :)

As for the most popular Korean MMO, wouldnt that be C9 or Vindictus

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

MapleStory has published some crazy high membership levels.  As for activity, that might be another story.

I don't think Runes of Magic is all that high in population.  They had a lot of western (USA Europe) players who were looking for a free WoW.  DDO and LOTRO F2P would have sliced into those numbers.

If you find something high population, post back.  I'm curious too now that you mentioned it.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Most Populated F2P Korean MMORPG?

There is no way to answer that question, as they all lie and mislead when it comes to their actual numbers, even moreso than their western counterparts ( who mostly avoid posting anything numbers related ). Read the advertisement for any F2P Korean/Chinese/name-your-asian-ethnicity here mmo, and you will see every one of them saying they are the "#1 F2P game" with "over __ millions of registered players".

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

I don't know how it compares population wise but another really fun f2p  mmo i played was Requiem ..PvP wise it wasn't so great because of the pay to win factor many complained about but it has some fun pve and the graphics for a f2p was great. Nothing like hitting a mob with a two hander and watching body parts fly all over.

I hope my opinion matters! i don't have 4k post and i'm not part of some forum gang or "clique" but Requiem being free is worth checking out and it always seemed to have a healthy population(when i played). I often asked why more gamers tired of the same pay to play sub based games didn't have this game as a back up to play when other games are less appealing.Guess the whole free 2 play thing keeps many away from it when it was really a fun game.The nightmare zones were also really nice in it.At night time elite monsters spawned in zones and could make leveling hell but also added some challenge and fun to the questing/exploring.

Hope this is helpful to you or anyone looking for a nice gory mature free 2 play mmo....

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

rule of thumb:if it is a global game(perfect world,silkroad online)odds are it will be populated.the older the game the more specific day player will be on.for wow its often wensday.but you got to ask wich day is populated cause not all game and server are on same schedule unless the game specify it!

• IcegotenIcegoten Member UncommonPosts: 138

Any of the games on Nexon are highly populated in korea.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Originally posted by Loke666

Runes of Magic is a Taiwanese MMO :)

As for the most popular Korean MMO, wouldnt that be C9 or Vindictus

are we able to play C9 yet? been waiting for that game a long time now

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

MapleStory has reported having over 100 millions users across the globe. I think it's data from 2009, so numbers might be higher now.