Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Playing as Skaven

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Warhammer Online Herald has been updated with a new 'In Development' article. The article is entitled "Play as Skaven" and features the lore behind the Skaven and outlines the various playable classes of Skaven: Warlock Engineer, Gutter Runner, Rat Ogre, and the Packmaster.

Packmaster

The Packmaster supports a Rat Ogre as best he can. By just being nearby, the Packmaster’s influence increases the effectiveness of his Rat Ogre. The Packmater’s attacks can be used on both enemy and ally, having different effects on both. Being skilled and powerful leaders and organizers, the Packmaster is able to exert his influence to nearby allies for a short time, helping to increase their effectiveness as well. It’s that same power of pack manipulation that also allows the Packmaster to summon forth rat minions for short bursts of combat.

Read the very comprehensive look at The Skaven here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

FINALLY!!!!

Sadly they lost my sub with such an abysmal launch

• dnarrisdnarris Member Posts: 267

Originally posted by Obidom

FINALLY!!!!

You pretty much summed up my feelings about Warhammer. I do like Skaven, but the game was so buggy and unrefined in release, I pretty much had no desire to keep playing. I'm sure it's more refined now.

Unfortuantely, I don't think I'm willing to give them another shot. I have, over time, decided that I'm not into EA related games.

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162

[quote]The Packmater’s[/quote]

heh

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Game is dead, i tried it a few months ago, of course sector 1 has peoples but only because it's free.  Rest of the game is barren.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Alright Bioware/Mythic, listen up make us two more ugly races with four classes each and make a god damn third faction with them and the skaven. Do it now... If you did I wouldn't play another game... What are you waiting for? Get to work!!!!

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Played it again couple of weeks ago, it was actually really smooth and all. But then I thought; well, next year so many cool games come out, why should I play this? And then I heard about the HoM in GW1, and.. well that's it.

My point, it isn't a bad game, but it is just not good enough.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

They should shut it down for some time and relaunch in the future with a 3rd faction and more races aswell fixing all their codes problems, this is the only way I see to them have a second chance...

But then you remember that its under control of EA and Bioware, which of course dont want any challenge against SW:TOR...

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269

I've always thought WAR was an incredibly smooth and polished game that was just missing a little something to keep people (myself) interested.  Maybe a 3rd faction is it.... provided this is their plan, to add a 3rd faction.

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193

its been said long ago that Games Workshop woun't allow a third faction.

• HathiHathi Member Posts: 236

Originally posted by Ingvar

its been said long ago that Games Workshop woun't allow a third faction.

You know I think Games Workshop better review their stance on this MMO. Their reputation is not exactly scott free if this games goes in the dust bin. They allowed the creation of zealots for this game. It is about time they consider the neutral beings like Ogres, Skaven, or the Vampire Counts to get involved in this game if they want to breathe life into it.  Will they consider it?

Finally - Best site for Chuck Norris
    http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

• hardy83hardy83 Member Posts: 47

Horrible launch? Have some of you seen what WoWs launch was like? You would considering it the most epic failure known to mankind if you think WARs launch was a failure.

Heck, WoW still has bugs all over it, I really think MMO players have no idea what they expect of the games they play anymore.

• DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135

They really need to make this game F2P.

• KryptykFyshKryptykFysh Member Posts: 2

Actually tried renewing my subscription to WAR a while ago. With the Euro accounts getting rolled in to the US admin system, they could take my money, but not reactivate my account. Got fed up trying to get my money back and wrote it off as a loss.

Vowed never to give EA any more money after such a fail. May not hold out, but they've lost me as a WAR, or a SWtOR subscriber.

Pity though, as I really enjoyed the game.

• MixcoatlMixcoatl Member Posts: 18

I hate rats. In VG i got a whole 10 levels just by killing rats. I just couldn't stop myself from killing em. And these guys go and put em in both factions? That sucks sry. I wanna kill ALL rats not just the "enemy" ones.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Originally posted by Obidom

FINALLY!!!!

Free trials are around for a reason. You may be missing out on the best game you've ever played if you never give it a 2nd chance. Never hurts to try again, especially for free.

Originally posted by hardy83

Horrible launch? Have some of you seen what WoWs launch was like? You would considering it the most epic failure known to mankind if you think WARs launch was a failure.

Heck, WoW still has bugs all over it, I really think MMO players have no idea what they expect of the games they play anymore.

Yes, I've seen WoW's launch and I don't agree with you. Matter of fact, I don't agree with any of your statement.

Since I said it. It's right too.

• MaibsMaibs Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by Aguitha

Game is dead, i tried it a few months ago, of course sector 1 has peoples but only because it's free.  Rest of the game is barren.

Disagree, i returned for the 14 day return to war promo, and played both sector 1 and sector 2 to death and both jam packed nearly 24 hours aday, as soon as i logged in i could usually find a 23/24 warband to join, and earn a steady stream of RP.

The games not dead and i would say it probably in a better condition now then a year or two ago.

Trying to decide wheva to sub or not, with FFXIV's failure i probably will as im currently in limbo waiting for the next AAA failure.

Originally posted by Maibs

Disagree, i returned for the 14 day return to war promo, and played both sector 1 and sector 2 to death and both jam packed nearly 24 hours aday, as soon as i logged in i could usually find a 23/24 warband to join, and earn a steady stream of RP.

The games not dead and i would say it probably in a better condition now then a year or two ago.

Trying to decide wheva to sub or not, with FFXIV's failure i probably will as im currently in limbo waiting for the next AAA failure.

Just in case you haven't considered it, but you are basing your view on a period where a 14 day free-trial was in place.

I doubt the game is dead as well, but I would imagine your perspective of how the game is doing is off by basing it on a free-trial period.

I have no doubt the game is better than before, but currently better than before doesn't necessarily make it competitive now. 

• MaibsMaibs Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by dnarris

Originally posted by Maibs

Just in case you haven't considered it, but you are basing your view on a period where a 14 day free-trial was in place.

I doubt the game is dead as well, but I would imagine your perspective of how the game is doing is off by basing it on a free-trial period.

I have no doubt the game is better than before, but currently better than before doesn't necessarily make it competitive now. 

As far as i was aware, the Return to War promo started in september, you activate your old account and get 14 free days, so it isnt like there would be a massive influx of players during the time i activate my free days, i may be wrong about that tho.

Either way i enjoyed my time back, it may be a re-sub filler till something else comes along.

• HersaintHersaint Member UncommonPosts: 366

WAR always seemed to me to be almost good. It needs a crowded server at every tier along with class viability/usefulness to be a good game. I'm crossing my fingers, throwing salt over my shoulder, rubbing Buddha's belly, sacrficing a chicken and praying that this Skaven idea makes it a good game.

PS No chickens were hurt in the making of this post.

• RymosRymos Member CommonPosts: 58

lol dead!? I've played it for the last 3 months and it's anything but dead! RvR action almost constantly. City sieges pretty often, keep raids take up hours of a day! This game is far from dead if not more alive then ever!

• KorithianKorithian Member Posts: 243

Sadly this is too little. Skaven aren't playable as a race they are just monster play. So all you really get to do is take a character that you aren't familiar with into RvR to get owned by someone with better gear and more experience with thier class. If Skaven were fully playable like the other 6 races this might be enough to get me to come back but as it is sorry.

If the game isn't dead and given they just had more lay offs I find it hard to believe its doing well I don't think this will be the breath of new life a proper skaven expansion could/would have been. An opportunity to bring the dark and grim world of warhammer to players and instead Skaven are a bit part.

• ishistishist Member UncommonPosts: 213

They made a goof. It's Skaven Warplock Engineer, not warlock

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

• mukinmukin Member UncommonPosts: 80

Warhammer may have its issues but Skaven do sound cool.  This isn't a third faction, is it?  Seems like the story tells us that the Skaven are going to fight for both sides...

• AlexisfireAlexisfire Member Posts: 52

Lol, nothing more to say, nice joke, really! :D