Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ijji and Huxley Cancelled

xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

NHN USA has agreed to transfer future international publishing plans of Huxley: The Dystopia back to its developer, Webzen. Both NHN USA and Webzen are internal divisions of NHN Corporation, and Webzen is currently revamping their international publishing platform.

As part of this new global program, Webzen intends to self-publish Huxley. Our team at NHN USA fully support this decision after serious internal discussions between both divisions.

NHN USA will continue to work with Webzen on current and future publishing projects and expects great success for Huxley as a global product.

We are excited to move forward with other fun games in development and production for ijji.com, and believe our current and future titles will continue to prove ijji.com is a premier online destination for hardcore gamers.

NHN USA wants to assure its community that G Coin Cards branded with Huxley imaging will remain valid as long as they’re purchased through an authorized retailer.

NHN USA also appreciates the hard work and talent of the Webzen development teams. We will continue to work with Webzen on other titles. We also remain, like many gamers, appreciative of the high quality and fun games created with the Unreal Engine 3, as noted with our popular multiplayer online FPS, Alliance of Valiant Arms.

Source

Comments

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

lol this game never even came out but its on all of their cash cards.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

It's out in korea.

IjjI released some futuristic shooter, so they just said no to this.

Ah well!

• armanth13armanth13 Member UncommonPosts: 36

I was part of the beta for it, it ran funky but welcome to beta.  It's not cancelled, just delayed.

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

oh i just ment that ijji.com wouldnt be hosting it anymore , you can see from the post that it will come but , will be internal.

• RaganaRagana Member Posts: 458

It's a shame. I played it and absolutely loved it. An American company needs to pick this up.

Veni, Vidi, Vici

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

yeah it was actually pretty decent it had a Tabula Rasa vibe but a bit better on the action side of things

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

best cbt i was ever in...i want it back damnit!. been waiting forever for it!

• dlayerdlayer Member Posts: 8

So, now it's only another big wait for the global client.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

The technology is already there.. The mechanics are already there.. It's probably have been 80 - 90% localized if not 100%.. Wasn't this on the plate BEFORE genesis AD? Why was it put away in favor of that game? Does this also mean that Karma: Operation Barbossa is going to get removed as well? ijji is confusing me now.. If I were them, Huxely would have been my number 1, over Karma and Genesis AD.. But eh, what do I know.. Im just a stupid consumer..

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

Huxley should have been #1 with a bullet the game was pretty darn decent and the story was actually fairly decent as well

As I said before it was rather reminiscent of Tabula Rasa

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Come on Webzen Newegg still has faith in you dont make them delete their page =p

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832349001

• whoamanwtfwhoamanwtf Member Posts: 3

The CBT was awesone... since it ended I have tried a bunch of other mmos and just dissapointed, what the hell someone needs to pick  this up.  Genisis AD sucks and so does Karma.. they wasted their time, they should have finished huxley and had a great money maker.

• differentdifferent Member Posts: 180
This discussion has been closed.