Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You heard it from me first

Comments

• RedluciferRedlucifer Member Posts: 112

cause they are mostly ppl who troll and dont know what they are talking about

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

We really need some new information as it seems to come down to these types of threads for forum entertainment.

Originally posted by Waldoe

Originally posted by Redlucifer

ok than just keep your eyes peeled for NC trucks driving down the streets by the dozen with game devs wearing bella clavas to know the release date according to you......

That makes no sense and is not what I said at all. I said they(retailers) do not know more than everyone at this point. When Anet/ncsoft decide to announce the release date which will be PLENTY before it actually comes out the retailers will take the appropriate steps to make sure their store gets supplied with as many copys of the game as they need when the release rolls around.

Is that really THAT difficult to understand? Sheesh it is not rocket science. Guess I should not expect too much intelligence out of internet scum.

Of course retailers know when stock is going to be added to their shelves for varrious reason i dont wish to get into with you but if you dont understand this common "practice" than i fail to see validity in your posts

also for that matter NC stated that the transition from gw1-gw2 will be smooth like butter.....prob so smooth you arent even going to know it hit you....hence my post with the only facts about a release date that was added to game supplier websites over the weekend..........back up what you are stating or just let it go and keep telling yourself im just some internet scum who doesnt know what he is talking about

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642

Originally posted by Waldoe

ok than just keep your eyes peeled for NC trucks driving down the streets by the dozen with game devs wearing bella clavas to know the release date according to you......

That makes no sense and is not what I said at all. I said they(retailers) do not know more than everyone at this point. When Anet/ncsoft decide to announce the release date which will be PLENTY before it actually comes out the retailers will take the appropriate steps to make sure their store gets supplied with as many copys of the game as they need when the release rolls around.

Is that really THAT difficult to understand? Sheesh it is not rocket science. Guess I should not expect too much intelligence out of internet scum.

Of course retailers know when stock is going to be added to their shelves for varrious reason i dont wish to get into with you but if you dont understand this common "practice" than i fail to see validity in your posts

LOL this is like arguing with a brick wall. The retailers DO NOT get any infromation prior to the public/'fansites and what not. You can think what you want, but you are wrong. Also, after there is an official release date annoucement it will not be difficult for retailers to arrange for the proper amount of games to get shipped to their stores/warehouses.

The points you make are just awful.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=253856

they obviously know more than you do

but you probably stop and star at a brick wall when you see it and question yourself if its there ^^

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75863

they obviously dont.

speaking of trolls lets look at the amount of posts you have done in less than a year compared to how many i have made in the course of 3 years....I am obviously, undeniably a troll.........for i only do research on things and try not to engage in forum fail with people who do no research on anything except their post count

But now back to my point i adapted from yours...You are just wrong...

No one posting in this thread seems to think you are right so I am not sure why you are wasting your time.

I love those people that are clearly wrong and have others that say they are wrong as well, but they stand strong and stubborn with their incorrect views.

please just provide proof of what you are stating or go  troll some other thread im tired of getting emails on my cell with updates to this thread and also while you are at it look up what a place-holder really is...yes the date can change but if they do with pre-orders they never change by much....educate yourself

LOL you basically just said I am right. The date can change and it is not an officially release date instead it is just a guess/place holder. Point proven. Thanks.

When you can provide proof that retailers have some insider knowledge then you may a viable argument  until then it is just you convincing yourself you are right.

oooooh my gawd..........shhh trolly and keep reading of course a placeholder date can chage.....ive never seen one change by more than a matter of a week or 2, I get it you dont agree with me stfu and move on already the only reason i am humouring this is because its bumping the thread so others will see it, while you are at it go check out a few podcasts and listen carefully as they state this game is due for an end of year / early 2011 release, it looks to me like they want some x-mas sales and to compete with Cataclysm being released in Dec as well.............this thread had the sole purpose of informing ppl who have done no research into the game whatsoever....

shouldnt you be outside trick or treating by now......

This game WILL NOT be out in 2010. You are insane if you think that. Also, my point is that gamestop is just guessing a date early in the year. They do not have any insider knowledge. None what so ever. Give me proof that they do. Your point is so awful haha stating that because they guess close that they have knowledge that we do not. Sound logic.

• ShamiusShamius Member Posts: 99

The date reads 1/12/10.  To Americans, this means that it came out on January 12th, 2010...which is the beginning of this year, which is incorrect. 

It has been stated that this game WILL have a closed beta test when the game is complete and mostly polished.  Until you hear about a closed beta date, don't humor yourself with early release dates. 

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597

Amazon doesn't have a date, they even say it is not announce yet:

Official pricing and release date have not been announced by the publisher. These are estimates only and subject to change.

http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-2-Pc/dp/B001TOQ8X4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288574555&sr=8-1

So, they should have the same info as Gamestop.

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

also i will say it again for those of you that are reading IMPAIRED this was updated to the website over the course of the weekend and also shows on EB-Games site, I am truely sorry if amazon is behind....truely

LOL it means nothing. That is the funny part. You are kidding yourself and obviously dead wrong. No one is on your side and you have absolutely no proof aside from a website updating a place holder date for a game.

oooooh my gawd..........shhh trolly and keep reading of course a placeholder date can chage.....ive never seen one change by more than a matter of a week or 2,

You could pre-order Champions Online on Gamestop for June as their site said, but later it was push back for September launch, that is more than 2 weeks. This is one exemple I can think of right now.

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

• ShamiusShamius Member Posts: 99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832784011&Tpk=guild%20wars%202

BREAKING NEWS:

Newegg has even MORE updated information.  The game actually comes out this coming Wednesday!  We CAN believe every retail site we read...thanks for making us all understand this.  You are the best.  Now go away....

Regina Buenaobra is a Community Manager for ArenaNet and this is what she as to say about the release date, but you know, she's probably wrong since she only works for Anet and not Gamestop.

When is the release date for Guild Wars 2?

A: "When it's done." ;-) We haven't announced a release date yet, but when we do, it will be on the official website. If you don’t see it on the official website, then it is not an official release date. Many online retailers have started listing estimated release dates – these do not come from any official sources, and should not be taken as an indication of official information.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Regina_Buenaobra/FAQ

No need to say more.

• rasclatrasclat Member Posts: 10

I don't know if it has been talked about but this report from NCSoft gives an indication that Guild Wars 2 will be released in late 2011/2012.

Isn't it funny how a quick search for testicular cancer can turn into a wank.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by rasclat

I don't know if it has been talked about but this report from NCSoft gives an indication that Guild Wars 2 will be released in late 2011/2012.

That doesn't really mean anything... it's to try and make a warm-and-fuzzy for luring investors. NC Soft giving a guestimate on future profits does not affect ArenaNet and their making of the game.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• SaorlanSaorlan Member Posts: 289

i've preeched a release date like this one a few times but for some ungodly reason people keep giving out fictional release dates that they manufacture in their heads...........

nuff said but i will admit i thought it was going to be the end of november but in any event I wish to clear up all these obllivious peoples conceptions.

But the problem with whole thread is - people do not give a rats crap about Guild Wars 2. 

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by Saorlan

i've preeched a release date like this one a few times but for some ungodly reason people keep giving out fictional release dates that they manufacture in their heads...........

nuff said but i will admit i thought it was going to be the end of november but in any event I wish to clear up all these obllivious peoples conceptions.

But the problem with whole thread is - people do not give a rats crap about Guild Wars 2. 

Dammit people! Who left the door open on the troll cage! How many times do I have to tell you kids...

Oderint, dum metuant.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Reading the website as an American would read dates forces me to reply: Oh, so you must have had your copy since January of this year then.  For over 10 months now you've been playing....  The release date says 1/12/10.  Excellent reading skills on your part.  Clearly this is evidence that Gamestop has factual dates for every game to be released.

Steam: Neph

• 9GreenMen9GreenMen Member Posts: 62

Had to reply.

Haha.

That is all.

Currently playing: No MMOs
    Played properly: WoW
    Tried: AoC, WAR, Aion, Darkfall
    Looking forward to: FFXIV, Earthrise, The Secret World, Guild Wars 2 (very much), Project Copernicus (and Mercury for that matter), Everquest and Planetside Next (finally a meaningful mmofps again)
    Wants to play in 2 years time if it survives from the subscriptions of fanatics and turns into the game with all features stated on the website: Mortal Online

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

There has only been one hardcore date that could possibly be close to when GW2 will be released and that was by NCSoft's own profit report last year, it stated GW2 would be released around the last quarter of the year 2011 and even that was a estimation of it's completion.

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

all I'm going to ask for is instead of flamming on about it prove what you are stating ...FYI every pre-order i have done has come through on time and this game was pre-ordered for me a month ago...try to get that on any other upcomming game.....

instead of fan-boi flamming just prove it to me and dont be a tool about it

btw vet for 16 years and counting

also it is possibly that this will only entitle you to some sort of OB access but it has been stated in a few podcasts that the game will be releaseing around the time that is the "placeholder" date on supplier website.....

its easy to say things without proof so i stress it again prove me wrong please

Your argument is invalid, I don't care how convinced you are that this is correct (it could be, but I doubt it), games get pushed back ALL the time, and I see this as no exception. Also I don't see what being a vet has to do with anything, it is irrelevant. Just look forward to this date but don't put your cards on it and you will come out alright for whatever happens. 

• mmogawdmmogawd Member Posts: 732

Originally posted by DevilXaphan

There has only been one hardcore date that could possibly be close to when GW2 will be released and that was by NCSoft's own profit report last year, it stated GW2 would be released around the last quarter of the year 2011 and even that was a estimation of it's completion.

The latest profit report says 2011.  Nothing more specific.

At some point, the retailers WILL have accurate information.  While I would love nothing more than for  this date to be real, I don't believe for a moment that it is.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

I heard gw 2 is coming out summer 2011 now.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

This discussion has been closed.