Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA and all the other MMORPGs...

IzItMeOrUAllIzItMeOrUAll Member Posts: 45

Lately everyones been waiting for all kinds of mmorpgs but I don't think anyone has noticed that all of them are failing because of this damn hype up bullcrap. Everyone here is posting all sorts of info on TERA and arguing left and right "It shoudld be free to play!" "It should be pay to play" "It should be buy to play" I've been reading these same things for all these mmorpgs lately on different sites. When will everyone STFU and just wait for the game. All you guys do is f.uck up the community with this "The game is going to be good BS" "The game is going to have differnt GamePlay, and differnt content" "I've been waiting for an mmorpg and I think this may be it" All you people do is set it up to fail. Its a damn mmorpg its not going to be differnt than any of the others. They all have the same setup. Making sound like the ol AION days when people were praising it all over town talking about how beautiful the wings were going to be imagining flying all over the world  and traveling the lands, or the APB Failure of everyone was talking about  how the game was going to be one of the best games ever and they were so excited.. people releasing pictures and news and all kinds of bullcrap for the same result. What is the point of hyping yourselves up for failure? If you just don't think about it and wait for the game to come out and play the damn thing maybe it wonte fail like all the others, maybe you wonte have that feeling of "This is going to be a good game even though I don't know jack Sh!T about it". We all know its going to fail, why pump it up any further? This pretty much goes for all the new games coming out. None of you are ever satisfied. Look in the damn mirror.... ok i guess you're all back..... Not satisfied huh?

Don't bother flaming, I was just skimming all over the site as usual but got sick of the hype for all these games that are coming out that you are all setting up to fail and am only posting one thread, one post, and will not be reading what you guys type lol. GRR, its so annoying lol.

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Lutz....:p

What do you suggest we should do here at mmorpg ?  hold hands and sing coom ba ya.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• IzItMeOrUAllIzItMeOrUAll Member Posts: 45

Ugh, i'm breaking my 1 post rule for this comment.... No I think on mmorpg you should comment about the games flaws or epicness AFTER the game is out and we have played it. That gives the game an acutal chance instead of hyping it to  some supernatural level that will change the future.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

I have to agree with this.

People seem to be more interested in whining about a game during development than playing it at release.

You can discuss the games you are playing or have played but please leave developing to the company responsible for the title. Just because you play WoW 24/7 in your basement doesnt mean youre a developer or know about game developing.

Edit: Guess I went a little off topic but meh. I agree with the OP + whatever I wrote :P

Originally posted by IzItMeOrUAll

Ugh, i'm breaking my 1 post rule for this comment.... No I think on mmorpg you should comment about the games flaws or epicness AFTER the game is out and we have played it. That gives the game an acutal chance instead of hyping it to  some supernatural level that will change the future.

Mmm and here I thought people could post what ever they felt like as long as it stayed within the rules of the forum site.

Freedom of speach is a way to express one's opinions and the freedom to disagree...

I respect your opinion but that does not mean I agree with it.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Originally posted by oddzor

[Mod Edit]

I'm looking forward to the game but it will never be able to do that.  What happend to WoW was a unique event in gaming history that will probably never happen again.

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

I don't really have all that high hopes for TERA but blameing fan gosip for the recent game failures is just silly. Lately getting into the whole F2P vs P2P vs B2P forum arguments has been more fun than playing the actual games. Maybe if they made games that could hold my attention for more than a few days there would be a lot less time for forum hijinks.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Why not let people do what they want.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

Ya sorry half done buggy craptastic games have a lot more to do with failure of game than hype

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Exterminos

Ya sorry half done buggy craptastic games have a lot more to do with failure of game than hype

I think the hype stops us from excepting that games will have problems when they come out.  Hype has a place but the way companies feed gamers bread crumbs all thru the process of making the game (some even years before the game actually has started developement) that you expect way more than what you will get.  For once I would like a game to be 2-3 monthes until release before they start the hype.

so we are all sheep that are incapable of evaluating a game honestly and clearly because of outside factors , namely hype ?

sorry not buying it, consumers are tired of forking over their money and getting ripped off which is exactly what happens when you are being asked to play a game that is a trainwreck that never should have been released in that condition. I don't think our expections are the problem. There is a difference between some bugs here and there of course every game has them, and a game that neaded 6 more months of testing or that has a faction that was basically half done at release. When major parts of the game that are promised are either entirely absent or totally broken, this is a issue, this is becoming the norm rather than the exception.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

What...what? You don't think people should be able to talk about games until they play them? How are you supposed to know what the game is about then? How will you know if it's something you want to spend your money on? How will you know if it's something that interests you? How do you know anything about anything if you know nothing about it?

Fail post is fail. That's like saying consumers should blindly buy everything and then have an opinion about it afterward. Companies WISH you would do that, especially since thanks to the typical return policy on opened games, you're not going to get all of your money back just cuz 'you didn't like it that much.'

The point to gaming forums is for people to talk about games, those that exist, those that did exist, those that will exist. If that bothers you, why are you here again?

Why people get hyped up over something they are in complete control of, like what they do and do not read, is beyond me. But by all means keep at it. Your childish rage amuses the panda.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

What...what? You don't think people should be able to talk about games until they play them? How are you supposed to know what the game is about then? How will you know if it's something you want to spend your money on? How will you know if it's something that interests you? How do you know anything about anything if you know nothing about it?

Fail post is fail. That's like saying consumers should blindly buy everything and then have an opinion about it afterward. Companies WISH you would do that, especially since thanks to the typical return policy on opened games, you're not going to get all of your money back just cuz 'you didn't like it that much.'

The point to gaming forums is for people to talk about games, those that exist, those that did exist, those that will exist. If that bothers you, why are you here again?

Why people get hyped up over something they are in complete control of, like what they do and do not read, is beyond me. But by all means keep at it. Your childish rage amuses the panda.

Well said , pre-release forums is speculation forums, its either that or this is a ghost town

ugh....it is better as a ghost town.. if you want to put it that way....first off you see them as asking you to buy the game....all their doing is showing what they have and you decide from there their not asking you sh!t. "Please buy the game" I've never seen that before lol. Their not forcing you to buy the game people are buying the game and then b1tching about it because of their speculation. None of the people talking about this game or any of the other games that aren't out yet do not know SH!T because it is not out yet. The speculation and hype is only ruining the community. There is nothing being said that is constructive its all imaginary. How can I tell you about how good tommorow is going to be if tommorow has yet to come? How can i even tell you how good the next minute will be if the next minute has yet to come. All games have bugs in it and we all know that but it seems lately that the speculation and the hype is covering everyones eyes and making most fantasize a game without bugs and flaws which in return makes threads turn into the QQ threads when they begin to talk about "This isn't how they said the game would be!" "Theres bugs in it, its unbearable", "They need to fix the quests". And this crap about the game should be fully polished before its released is getting old... since most of the games that have come out have not been what you call "polished" before it was released what makes you think this one will? Why talk as if this game is going to be different than all the other games and be polished to you're liking? The fact is no one will accept a damn flawed game, as if perfection could ever be created or as if flaws cannot be tolerated lol. The flaws are never even that big.. ugh the b1tching and crying lol......

ok login off.....

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

Bad thread is bad. Why did you even bother posting this there? TERA is some of the least hyped up MMOs so I really don't know wtf you are talking about. And since when is giving info for a game considered bad? Go figure...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

Originally posted by Timukas

you guys are just mad cos this game's gonna kill WoW

Personally I don't care how WoW is doing but one I can tell - no Korean game will be more successful than WoW at least in Western world. Most probably it will be yet another hyped up Asian game with fluffy teddy bears as "player races" and cash shop (if not at release then soon after that).

• XakotXakot Member Posts: 17

Im looking foward to terra honestly, it seems like it will be an interesting divergance off the normal mmo path with its ccombat system. And as for a WoW killer, time will eventually produce one but for the moment blizzrd has the equation right to keep building their legend. Now for the rant that started this whole thin, people are entitled to their opinion and some may hype a game but thats their opinion and not stated fact. A true opinion of the game can only be established after it has been released and played.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Exterminos

so we are all sheep that are incapable of evaluating a game honestly and clearly because of outside factors , namely hype ?

sorry not buying it, consumers are tired of forking over their money and getting ripped off which is exactly what happens when you are being asked to play a game that is a trainwreck that never should have been released in that condition. I don't think our expections are the problem. There is a difference between some bugs here and there of course every game has them, and a game that neaded 6 more months of testing or that has a faction that was basically half done at release. When major parts of the game that are promised are either entirely absent or totally broken, this is a issue, this is becoming the norm rather than the exception.

When has it been normal since the MMO crazy that a game came out without problems and missing features that were promised?  Even this was the care you should definitly beta the game before buying or at least look on the internet and read some unbiased re There are not many successful games that have been release lately but most of successful ones had issues during their begining. However, what I'm talking about is people expecting one game to be soo much better than another or that it will kill WOW for example. The tourist and poeple who like to jump on the banwagon.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by Rynne

Bad thread is bad. Why did you even bother posting this there? TERA is some of the least hyped up MMOs so I really don't know wtf you are talking about. And since when is giving info for a game considered bad? Go figure...

My thoughts exactly. Out of all the major upcoming MMOs of 2011 (Rift, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: TOR, etc.), Tera is by far the least hyped. So IzItMeOrUAll, you're in the wrong place to be bitchin' about unwanted hype for an upcoming game. because you won't find much of it here.

But that leads to another issue IzItMeOrUAll... why the hell are you here in the 1st place, or any of those who are so adament about pre-release hype? This site is merely a platform, allowing users to gather information and discuss whatever game happens to be on the site's database. No one's forcing anyone to hype up a pre-release game on this site, just like no one forced you to go to this site to be traumatized by all the negative/positive comments on Tera.

So pretty much the OP and all those who agree with him/her are at fault here, because by that kind of logic a game like FF XIV would have been a huge launch day success in Japan, if people weren't allowed to post their client beta impressions. As for me, I think it is great that I can come on this site, discuss the games I am anticipating (Guild Wars 2) and in the process, find out something I may have overlooked.

Forgive me Master.... For I posted on the TERA Sections instead of the other games you listed because I happened to be on the TERA Thread at the time..After I had already typed I did think "why not on one of the more hyped games" and so I then changed the title so its not just specificly TERA online.. i'm sure you read the title of the thread.... I know that you enjoy coming on here typing and such but um... Plain and simply from the hype it just f.ucks up the community of the game I must admit. The truth of the matter is Mr.Master that I don't much care for the hypers or you're kind for that matter...When the game is hyped its not just the spouting of opinions but those spouters of opinions end up being the game community in which some of the readers of their opinions are swayed to not believe in their own opinions of the game but that of those that post on here. Their so called "opinions" Now have made a game fail because it has turned those away from trying the game because of the hypers who turn around to spit upon the game after it has been released (only because they believed what they read and saw instead of what they expierenced and so believed in their own hype or imagination of perfection.) Now I have read about all these games that people have hyped and then spit on in the end and after turning away from a few games because of such bad reviews, I went ahead and gave one of these games that people spit upon a try but ya know what, the games that people keep b1tching about and filling up with negatives had the potential to be fun as hell its just now that the community of these games that have been spit on have had their community or potential community have been poisoned they have died off leaving the game less desireable because the game's population is some what of a ghost town or full of people in game talking of going to a new game. The hype does f.uck up the games, for some reason those who voice their opinions negative or positive believe that no one reads them and it does not leave an impression on others minds(unless it is that all the threads on these games that are full of positivity or negativity are there simply to ruin the game before it is even out then i say "bravo"). I have been looking forward to this game and I do not wish it to be one of those games that will become over hyped because just because its not hyped right now does not mean that it wonte next week, that it wonte end up on par with all those games hyped to the point of destruction in which I will return sometime next year to read "This game could of been but wasn't" threads. Full of "This game is flawed, this game is bugged, this game's pve isn't good as it should be", or the famous "Asian Grinder Threads". I would rather people not hype the games up with positives or negatives but instead hyped it up with neutrality. It seems that the majority does not like to balance anything in their threads but instead enjoy tiping the scale at all times. I will leave you with this quote "Those that walk among the sheep will be eaten by the wolves just the same as the sheep" -ANONYMOUS

So IzItMeOrUAll

Let me see if I understand.....You are in a bad mood and your pissed that people are hyped about future games,  So you made a thread about it.  Then you get all bent out of shape because a few poeple disagree with your view point

All I can say is:  Smoke some weed and get laid.

Um.. Stayontarget....I am having Fun lol I don't know where you got that "bent out of shape" from. Unlike the majority I do not take offense to comments over the internet they are hilarious such as reading jokes out of a joke book. I knew that people would disagree as people often disagree than agree when such a thread is made. I would hope none of the people that made comments were upset in any way by what I have typed or bothered at all. Hopefully Stayontarget you weren't upset or bothered, to go out of you're way to type to me something must of ticked you off or maybe you are just having fun typing to the likes of me. Ask yourself "Why did I type to this maniac"? I mean what did you think you're comment would do? Why did you waste you're time or is it you have nothing better to do? Maybe you are like me and type just for the hell of it from a single thought in time that you decided to express. May I get us an order of  2 Large fries, 2 cokes, and 2 Big Macs or whatever you suggest so that we may sit down and type nonsense to one another?

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

Originally posted by Rynne

Originally posted by Timukas

you guys are just mad cos this game's gonna kill WoW

Personally I don't care how WoW is doing but one I can tell - no Korean game will be more successful than WoW at least in Western world. Most probably it will be yet another hyped up Asian game with fluffy teddy bears as "player races" and cash shop (if not at release then soon after that).

Haha, hilarious! That picture made this thread pure WIN.

You certainly made my day, Rynne. I thank you for that. :)

• SeffrenSeffren Member Posts: 743

I hear you op and have send an urgent request to Stradden to close this site down asap!

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

You know... sometimes "hyping" a game is more fun than playing that game... so i wont blame them.