Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A warning on accounts.....sort of.

B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

This is just a general heads up concerning account life expectancy for those that don't know.

I used to play this game alot a while ago and due to lack of updates/improvements I wandered away and started playing other games.  With the recent Fencer update I thought I would revive my old character and carry on.  Other games let you do this and in some cases such as Regnum, I have come back a year plus later and carried on with my original pc.

Not so FEZ.  I had stopped playing about 6 months previous and tried to log on only to find my account suspended.  I didnt consider this a problem as I don't have an issue with contacting support and requesting that it be unlocked. 

I was impressed that I got my acc back on the same day.

What I was not impressed by was the fact that it was empty.  Characters, items, everything was gone.

So be warned, if you take a break you have to log in and wander around once every so many weeks or they will lock your acc and delete everything in it.

Comments

• theartisttheartist Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by B1mble

This is just a general heads up concerning account life expectancy for those that don't know.

I used to play this game alot a while ago and due to lack of updates/improvements I wandered away and started playing other games.  With the recent Fencer update I thought I would revive my old character and carry on.  Other games let you do this and in some cases such as Regnum, I have come back a year plus later and carried on with my original pc.

Not so FEZ.  I had stopped playing about 6 months previous and tried to log on only to find my account suspended.  I didnt consider this a problem as I don't have an issue with contacting support and requesting that it be unlocked. 

What I was not impressed by was the fact that it was empty.  Characters, items, everything was gone.

So be warned, if you take a break you have to log in and wander around once every so many weeks or they will lock your acc and delete everything in it.

This is true, but I have also always recieved email warnings that it was about to happen a couple weeks prior.

So you may want to make sure the emails get to you.

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

Originally posted by theartist

This is true, but I have also always recieved email warnings that it was about to happen a couple weeks prior.

So you may want to make sure the emails get to you.

Good advice on checking your e-mail address.

I recieved one e-mail about account usage before an event and promo gift and that was long before I wandered off looking for something different. 

Also, if I remember correctly everyone got the same mail as they were doing an inactive account check and were removing any that hadn't been used within so many weeks.  Other than that, all I ever got was adds.

This is not to say I didn't get one what with spam filters 'n' all, its more to say that you have to be more attentive with this game else you will lose everything you have built up.

A bit mean if you ask me but if thats how they roll then you have to abide by it :S

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

What a silly thing to do with your customers accounts... delete them, why? so he can't come back? so he will feel so bad needing to start again that he will probably not come back? awesome.

• I had no idea they did this. I mean I knew they wiped inactive level 16s and under, but I didn't think they deleted inactive characters regardless of levels.

Yup they do.  I lost a lev 36 Bow Scout and a lev 24 Warrior.  Was saving the 3rd slot for any new classes that were supposed to be coming out.

Its a good game, its just that I cant be bothered going through it all again especially when the updates are so meh :S and it looks like the game is dead but just wont fall down.

Personally I would consider starting again if there were new maps to battle on rather than new classes and they did something about the lag,

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Funny, this used to be common practise for me until last year, would leave them installed to login atleast once a month, until I got rediculed for asking how long before account/character info gets wiped before I decided to quit a game (Dragonica), seems it isn't done by most companies anymore.

But, it's good to hear of another game that does do this, that heads-up will make me question this before temporarily leaving games once again.

• SimpleCrossSimpleCross Member UncommonPosts: 17

Thats wierd I stopped playing after one month after release and it did just fine.

Did you leave after beta? coz they wipe that after

Na.  I left long after the official release.  In fact I left a while after the Colosseum update.  Even went so far as to get the Rose for what it was worth lol.  It was about the time the phase of fighting naked started that boredom set in and the community started to decrease.