Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Imbalance!

PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Well.. after downloading the patch (5.4gb) and the update (900mb) ... i was kind of eager to see what had occurred..  okay so hunters now can have 5 pets on 'immediate call' always handy to have spares i guess... but.. room for another 20 in the stable - well.. time to go tame the wilds of azeroth then..   but.. what happened to Mages, i have a level 80 arcane mage, with dual talent, with second talent spec being fire..  and i have to say.. i breezed through a level 80 heroic (halls of lightning) like a hot knife through butter... which.. given the spamming of the now instant cast and zero cool down of the flame strike..  a n AOE spell that does instant and dot damage.. and yes.. you can spam them to hell. and that seems to be the tactic because..  mana seems to recharge faster than you can use it.. and all those instants..  where the hell is the tactics of this now.. is there even a point to being an arcane mage? or a frost one? if this is just an example of whats to come.. then its time to walk away.. something i honestly didnt think i'd ever be saying.. Cataclysm is supposed to be the next big thing.. not the next big NGE... somebody please tell me im wrong...... and this is just some lousy dream...image

Comments

• rwmillerrwmiller Member Posts: 472

Umm just woke up did  you?

Lots of changes and things in flux and expect lots of oddities until after the Cataclysm release as things are adjusted. The general excuse is that things are balanced for level 85 and you are only 80. 

Basically, just consider everything from now until December 7th a trial period where you can experiment and get ready for the big release.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Originally posted by Phry

Well.. after downloading the patch (5.4gb) and the update (900mb) ... i was kind of eager to see what had occurred..  okay so hunters now can have 5 pets on 'immediate call' always handy to have spares i guess... but.. room for another 20 in the stable - well.. time to go tame the wilds of azeroth then..   but.. what happened to Mages, i have a level 80 arcane mage, with dual talent, with second talent spec being fire..  and i have to say.. i breezed through a level 80 heroic (halls of lightning) like a hot knife through butter... which.. given the spamming of the now instant cast and zero cool down of the flame strike..  a n AOE spell that does instant and dot damage.. and yes.. you can spam them to hell. and that seems to be the tactic because..  mana seems to recharge faster than you can use it.. and all those instants..  where the hell is the tactics of this now.. is there even a point to being an arcane mage? or a frost one? if this is just an example of whats to come.. then its time to walk away.. something i honestly didnt think i'd ever be saying.. Cataclysm is supposed to be the next big thing.. not the next big NGE... somebody please tell me im wrong...... and this is just some lousy dream...image

Yes, you are wrong and this is just a lousy dream, but you won't wake up from it until December, 7th, when the Cataclysm hits and the rest of the changes to the game make it in.

At the moment, you are playing with Cataclysm level abilities and changes without the other half of the changes to dungeons and mobs. Blizzard did this to give people time to acclimate to the new talents, new skills and so on. How much it will do to get used to it when the content is not ready for it, I do not know, but that is how it is right now.

People from the Beta have already reported that once Cataclysm hits, most of the instances (all the old ones and the new 80-85 instances... I do not know if they are going to mess with TBC/WOtlk instances at all or not) will be up to par with what your class can do. Reports speaks of some quite hard heroics, of the return of CC and the twilight of AoE tanking/dps for the most part.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629

Level 85 talent trees in level 80 content makes previously easy content easier. News at 11.