Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We are getting WoWablo 3 instead of Diablo 3

Comments

• VexeVexe Member Posts: 549

So...how is it like WoW again? The demon hunter looks like something? Is that it?

• Harleking89Harleking89 Member Posts: 68

Yes, this is exactly what Diablo fans has been waiting for. EXACTLY. Because Diablo 3 is being made by people who LOVE Diablo and knows what kind of game it is. This is very apparent after listening to the developers. Diablo 3 is not World of Warcraft, at all, whatsoever. If you think Diablo 3 is "WoWablo 3", then I suggest you listen to makers of this game a few times. Art style you say? Oh I'm sorry, but DIablo 3 is not a 2D game. If it was, it would look alot like its predecessor right now. Yes, it would.

All it takes is one bad day.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by Harleking89

Yes, this is exactly what Diablo fans has been waiting for. EXACTLY. Because Diablo 3 is being made by people who LOVE Diablo and knows what kind of game it is. This is very apparent after listening to the developers. Diablo 3 is not World of Warcraft, at all, whatsoever. If you think Diablo 3 is "WoWablo 3", then I suggest you listen to makers of this game a few times. Art style you say? Oh I'm sorry, but DIablo 3 is not a 2D game. If it was, it would look alot like its predecessor right now. Yes, it would.

We all know it isn't 2D but clearly they are avoiding the obvious like always. Noone ever said don't play Diablo 3 so if WoW fans get all defensive about other people's opinions then there obviously must be some truth to it since WoW fans do not wish ot understand. It its like they act like a bunch of 4 years crying If you tell them the power rangers are bad for you. It is mildly amusing I must say.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by SaintViktor

We all know it isn't 2D but clearly they are avoiding the obvious like always. Noone ever said don't play Diablo 3 so if WoW fans get all defensive about other people's opinions then there obviously must be some truth to it since WoW fans do not wish ot understand. It its like they act like a bunch of 4 years crying If you tell them the power rangers are bad for you. It is mildly amusing I must say.

What does that even mean? Looks to me like you wrote a nonsensical post that included "4 years crying" and the word "WoW" with a generally insulting attitude. But none of it actually made sense.

Why so angry?

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112

No more than a pathetic opinion based on hatred of another game.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by colddog04

What does that even mean? Looks to me like you wrote a nonsensical post that included "4 years crying" and the word "WoW" with a generally insulting attitude. But none of it actually made sense.

Why so angry?

Who said I was angry about anything ? I'll bite this last time but sersiouly, if you aren't bringing anything something of substance to the conversation we are all having then why try to stray away from the subject at hand ? Nice try.

• FawarendanFawarendan Member Posts: 98

Meh, i'm disappointed with the artstyle and the 5th class too.

Anyway i'll just set the contrast up and the brightness of my monitor down to play it.

I'm not a ranged fan so no problem to me, i'm sticking with my monk.

One nice thing is that at least the blood is still in. Monks exploding palm for the win.

Feels bad for all the people expecting a good ranger class though.

Playing: Starcraft II.
    Played: Tibia, Ragnarok Online, Ultima Online, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft.
    Wanna play: Guild Wars 2, SW:TOR, Final Fantasy XIV, Diablo III.

• tswthoradintswthoradin Member Posts: 83

I know my opinion won't mean jack crap to a lot of people, but the reason I quit playing WoW was because Blizzard changed the warcraft lore based on what fans want. The game became something totally different from what it started out to be and I am not saying that was a bad business choice or that I hate blizzard for making a choice like that. What I dislike is that they ruined probably my favorite game franchise of all time. WoW is not what I grew up playing, the storyline and lore is something made to get children and non-gamers into the market, it's smart for blizzard but bad for warcraft fans. That being said starcraft and diablo were also favorites of mine, they were unique and it seemed blizzard was putting out games no one could touch. I LOVED them. What I see now though is that blizzard is taking all the successful parts of their games and including them into other games. While this is smart business wise I feel like diablo doesn't have that same dark edge that it did in the original, it's more an RPG then that dark, gritty, shadowed dungeon crawler it started as. I remember entering the cypts and being chased by hordes of zombies, being lucky enough to find one tome to get a skill up. Now its leveling a skill tree with skills found in wow, it's playing starcraft and seeing wow and diablo references. I am not saying this wasn't smart by blizzard, or that people can't enjoy the games because of what blizzard did. But if you have played all three franchises you have to see the connection, it's not about hating the games or trying to be a jerk. I do see what the OP was saying, I miss the originality that each game had, the uniqueness that you had when you put them in. I know that all games steal from each other, but the stories have lost something by this convergence of the three games they offer. I know people will try to flame me for this but it isn't my intention to bash the games, simply to say I miss what they were and I am sad that games have lost that originality I had growing up.

• Brone87Brone87 Member Posts: 244

I can't believe the ignorance in this thread and how much flak the posters are giving the OP....

Yes I CLEARLY can see WoW in Diablo 3 freaking bright as day.... I DO not want this AT ALL. Anyone who states otherwise is blind or lying. Also Blizzard make so much money, for those saying oh they use the same engine... their games take so damn long to make if they need a new game engine to make a darker grittier more realistic game than do it!

Honestly though I really thought Diablo was going to evolve into something much bigger than just a top down dungeon crawler, I don't think this game style can hold my attention like it use to back in the 1999.

Oh and also with the latest announcement of arenas it seems like its gonna be like playing DoTA except if you pick a $hitty character / build combination with your friends there goes months of time down the drain.

• 17Omega17Omega Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by tswthoradin

I know my opinion won't mean jack crap to a lot of people, but the reason I quit playing WoW was because Blizzard changed the warcraft lore based on what fans want. The game became something totally different from what it started out to be and I am not saying that was a bad business choice or that I hate blizzard for making a choice like that. What I dislike is that they ruined probably my favorite game franchise of all time. WoW is not what I grew up playing, the storyline and lore is something made to get children and non-gamers into the market, it's smart for blizzard but bad for warcraft fans. That being said starcraft and diablo were also favorites of mine, they were unique and it seemed blizzard was putting out games no one could touch. I LOVED them. What I see now though is that blizzard is taking all the successful parts of their games and including them into other games. While this is smart business wise I feel like diablo doesn't have that same dark edge that it did in the original, it's more an RPG then that dark, gritty, shadowed dungeon crawler it started as. I remember entering the cypts and being chased by hordes of zombies, being lucky enough to find one tome to get a skill up. Now its leveling a skill tree with skills found in wow, it's playing starcraft and seeing wow and diablo references. I am not saying this wasn't smart by blizzard, or that people can't enjoy the games because of what blizzard did. But if you have played all three franchises you have to see the connection, it's not about hating the games or trying to be a jerk. I do see what the OP was saying, I miss the originality that each game had, the uniqueness that you had when you put them in. I know that all games steal from each other, but the stories have lost something by this convergence of the three games they offer. I know people will try to flame me for this but it isn't my intention to bash the games, simply to say I miss what they were and I am sad that games have lost that originality I had growing up.

Blizzard "use" to be a great corporation back when Diablo, Warcraft, and Starcraft were fame, but now it's all just greed.

I used to play WoW during vanilla and it was great, good texture excellent content and balanced game. But when they released TBC it just ruined it completely not only that the content they released is just garbage. If they release Expansions aren't the expansions suppose to have all the contents? Also ever since when Starcraft 2 came out i was hoping to see some mod designs like how it was in Starcraft 1 but instead they removed the modding support,  removing freedom from what we can create or do. http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/08/starcraft-2-the-latest-game-to-control-user-created-content.ars

And what about this "The fee is used to support the costs associated with the high-quality levels of service, support, and ongoing content creation that go into World of Warcraft* i called that BS the real true their just Money making scam. Want proof here's proof http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3870630#3870630 this is credited to Shinami for this well excellent info. 

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Originally posted by Kenaoshi

Instead of making a comparison with wow why not make a comparison with ALL OTHER FUCKING GAMES ON EARTH and you will see there´s NOTHING original, it´s all very similar beacuse DAMN a crossbow here is the same in wow, in torchlight in gothic 4 and all other damn FANTASY games. ¬¬

I had no idea a crossbow was fantasy related.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Originally posted by Jimmy562

Originally posted by Kenaoshi

Instead of making a comparison with wow why not make a comparison with ALL OTHER FUCKING GAMES ON EARTH and you will see there´s NOTHING original, it´s all very similar beacuse DAMN a crossbow here is the same in wow, in torchlight in gothic 4 and all other damn FANTASY games. ¬¬

I had no idea a crossbow was fantasy related.

What you think that crossbows are real? You need to take a step back from the games buddy and join the rest of us on earth. Next thing you'll tell me people actually ride horses.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Is this just some indirect way to express your extreme dislike for WoW?

That is just wrong and beside the point. Diablo is it's own IP and have it's own fans, mixing it with Wow is as smart as putting in things from Wow into Starcraft.

If and I say if the game actually is closer to Wow than Diablo it would be a huge mistake by Blizz and would be the end for the fans of the IP. In that case making a Warcraft action game would have been a lot smarter because they wont sell much of Diablo 4 then if they make a sequel at all.

Mixing up your IPs have never been a good idea.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by Loke666

That is just wrong and beside the point. Diablo is it's own IP and have it's own fans, mixing it with Wow is as smart as putting in things from Wow into Starcraft.

If and I say if the game actually is closer to Wow than Diablo it would be a huge mistake by Blizz and would be the end for the fans of the IP. In that case making a Warcraft action game would have been a lot smarter because they wont sell much of Diablo 4 then if they make a sequel at all.

I think that if you would go and look into his post history you would quickly see that it was indeed just another way to express his dislike for WoW.

That's not to say that I don't think the person in the video he mentions looks like Sylvanas. It kind of does look like Sylvanas. In the end, much of WoW is based on Diablo. And they are actually creating Diablo 3, not WoWablo or whatever this rubbish is.

• Seifer25Seifer25 Member Posts: 61

I never expected Diablo 3 to look like a carbon copy of 10 years ago but yet I did not expect it to look WoW either. From the art style to the lore it is all coming from Warcraft. I mean my god is this Diablo fans have really been waiting for ? The 5th class reveal looks like Sylvanas Windrunner with crossbows. I'm just waiting for the term "dark lady watch over us" spill out on a Demon Hunter cutscene. It really is a major disappointment how Blizzard is treating Diablo. Some things they have done well liek the rune system and the gems but overall its a big disappointment from a Diablo fans perspective. I'm seriously on the fence if I should even buy it now.

I really agree with you mate.

I had the same feeling when i saw demon hunter and it totally sucks.

Diablo is dead Blizzard is dead.Why they dont vanish from earth so they can make something good to this world.

Wake up guys Blizzard has been abandoned by core development teams that created these games and formed their own studios.

Do not support them for the good of gaming.

• qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

The only thing stopping me from buying the game is lack of LAN support.

• RanyrRanyr Member UncommonPosts: 212

The OP has a history of Blizzhate. Move along, nothing intelligent to see here. Your posts are really annoying to come across.

Also about Lan support, do you really need it anymore? The internet is so accesible these days that playing online is a pretty easy prospect. I can't see why lan support could stop you from buying a game that will have multiplayer online and offline singleplayer.

What do you need lan support for?

Originally posted by Loke666

Loke, I usually agree with you. You probably noticed this as I did when WoW was launched. Word of Warcraft was a mix from the beginning of Warcraft lore and Diablo. I mix you are seeing is Diablo mixed with WoW but the other way around. Warcraft went from being an RTS to a fantasy RPG. 

The only reason I can think of why this was done and not World of Diablo, was because they were afraid devil being in the title would hurt sells.

Originally posted by Ranyr

The OP has a history of Blizzhate. Move along, nothing intelligent to see here. Your posts are really annoying to come across.

Also about Lan support, do you really need it anymore? The internet is so accesible these days that playing online is a pretty easy prospect. I can't see why lan support could stop you from buying a game that will have multiplayer online and offline singleplayer.

We have guy weekends where we eat junk, play LAN games. Diablo has always been a fun one. I don't like having to be online to play the game. There is no need for that. 

We can also still play Diablo at our LAN games. I don't want to have to rely on Blizzard servers to play a game I purchase with friends. What happens when the game gets old and they discontinue support of the servers? There goes the product I purchased.

Originally posted by warmaster670

Pirating the game.

Really the only huge reason to care about lan is if you planned on piratting the game.

And yes, installing one copy of a game on 20 pcs is pirating it.

It's about freedom. You look like an ass assuming that you know why people prefer LAN option.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by qombi

Originally posted by warmaster670

Pirating the game.

Really the only huge reason to care about lan is if you planned on piratting the game.

And yes, installing one copy of a game on 20 pcs is pirating it.

It's about freedom. You look like an ass assuming that you know why people prefer LAN option.

And yet here you are not giving any more reasons.

Wanting it for the sake of having it isnt a good reason, and the only thing ive ever sene people complain about is how now they cant buy onje copy and have multiple people play it.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

I never expected Diablo 3 to look like a carbon copy of 10 years ago but yet I did not expect it to look WoW either. From the art style to the lore it is all coming from Warcraft. I mean my god is this Diablo fans have really been waiting for ? The 5th class reveal looks like Sylvanas Windrunner with crossbows. I'm just waiting for the term "dark lady watch over us" spill out on a Demon Hunter cutscene. It really is a major disappointment how Blizzard is treating Diablo. Some things they have done well liek the rune system and the gems but overall its a big disappointment from a Diablo fans perspective. I'm seriously on the fence if I should even buy it now.

This is up there with the rest of the "I hate Blizzard's success with WoW and it's rubbing off on my other Blizzard IP!" crowd. If you look at the actual gameplay videos (not crappy still pics cause they don't do any game justice), you'll be hard press to see how it looks anything like WoW. So they give a nod to Sylvana Windrunner huh? Big deal. I mean they are both rangers right? Well one is a demon hunter and the other is a ranger, but then again I bet you caught the double nod about the class being called a demon hunter (something only Sylvana's race to strive to be).Or did you?  But isn't this game call Diablo? So wouldn't it make since that sooner or later a class would pop up that specialized in "hunting" demons? You know, hunters that use range weapons...

Anyway I think your real beef is that Blizzard is using illustrators that have done previous work for them with WoW, on the Diablo side of things. And I hope that's your real beef because you do know you can play a MR. Sylvana Windrunner right?

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

i agree it looks too much like WoW from the game trailers. im not impressed with this duel crossbow system they have.... seeing as the most skilled crossbowmen would still take 30-60seconds to reload a normal crossbow...be impossible to reload 2 crossbows at once... /)_<"

as for the art... i can see where the WoW hate comes from. its far too "bright" for a game based around occult stuff. D1 and D2 as i recall was very dark and gritty had that sense of foreboding and "fear" watching the game play videos for D3... you dont have that... it looks like your walking outside in the bright sunlight while you are in a tomb..

they could have done soo much with Ambiant light and effects to make it more down to earth and gritty.. kind of like deadspace in a sense... give you that fear feeling.. as you turn a corner in a dark musty crypt... but instead they give you sunshine... and rainbows

but time will tell how decent a game it is.. its not very "true" to the IP IMO... too much WC/WoW lighting effects not enough dark impending doom effects

OH and Lan has nothing to do with pirating...some people dont WANT to have to connect online to play MP... just look at the debuckle that UBIsoft hit with its anti-pirate system for The settlers game.....no one should have to be 24/7 connected to the net to play a game. it doesnt stop piracy. it actually promotes it cause people have to get pirates to mod the game for them so they can do offline play..

i for one hate having to connect 24/7

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

i actually start to wonder if you guys ever played diablo before.

how does that look like wow? that's diablo, and that's it.

don't like it? prefer the old engine of d2? it's still running, buy a copy and play it.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

I just don't understand the point of this, Diablo 3 looks like Diablo, and nothing like WoW or Warcraft.... I mean sure there are some similarities even in D2, but honestly, I just find this post silly.