Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any half-decent Indie games coming out?

NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Any promising indie games on the horizon?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Comments

• PreponerancePreponerance Member Posts: 295

http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=26

This, however it depends on which horizon you speak of.....looks like it's gonna be awhile but it will be worth it.

Here's a tech demo of him flying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7eREddMjt4

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Preponerance

http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=26

This, however it depends on which horizon you speak of.....looks like it's gonna be awhile but it will be worth it.

Here's a tech demo of him flying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7eREddMjt4

Thats VERY impressive, thanks for mentioning that man gona keep an eye on that one.

Be interesting to see how that all handles under server load..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• BaiameBaiame Member UncommonPosts: 143

Infinity does look promising.  Hopefully they can keep it up and stay well funded.  Good looking project

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

i used to keep an eye for Infinity, but with Incarna EvE coming, i think it will be more interesting to go with EvE

So What Now?

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Infinity looks promising. Thanks for the links.image

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• KorPhaeronKorPhaeron Member Posts: 134

Earth Rise also looks quite impressive

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Perpetuum & Earthrise.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381

Also Dawntide.net

Been following and playing this for a while, and it is very promising. 

Quite buggy at the momment (even tho its in "open beta" should be called alpha, but well) 

it has a few years till release atleast. But worth a look :=)

• GoronmonGoronmon Member UncommonPosts: 5

Dawntide looks like something I might have to keep an eye on.

• Mr_WolfxMr_Wolfx Member Posts: 176

Dont forget about xsyon, its a wilderness survival sandbox. Its kinda like an advanced 3d haven and hearth

Yes I have a dream… And its not some MLK dream for equality. …I wanna own a decommissioned lighthouse …And I wanna live at the top… And nobody knows I live there. …And theres a button that I can press, and launch that lighthouse into space.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Mr_Wolfx

Dont forget about xsyon, its a wilderness survival sandbox. Its kinda like an advanced 3d haven and hearth

I thought they were putting the production and development of xsyon on hold, because of stability issues?

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Earthrise is the best shot.. Dawntide/xsyon are VERY VERY indie and probably will suck.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• Mr_WolfxMr_Wolfx Member Posts: 176

Originally posted by Mellkor

Originally posted by Mr_Wolfx

I thought they were putting the production and development of xsyon on hold, because of stability issues?

Nope, they're actually releasing construction in a few days, and they come out with a new update atleast once a week. They did push back the release date a whole bunch though, the original date was august 15th and now its whenever..

Yes I have a dream… And its not some MLK dream for equality. …I wanna own a decommissioned lighthouse …And I wanna live at the top… And nobody knows I live there. …And theres a button that I can press, and launch that lighthouse into space.